Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser37592

Well, if that's true....then there was something wrong with the game before, because I can guarantee that a purchase of one month's premium, before, gave me an equal number of premium points to spend in EACH world....not just that one number of points to split between several worlds.

DeletedUser

You must be thinking of another game, or you must not have realized that points were redeemed for just a single world.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
maybe it was just confusing that you could see your premium points no matter which world you were logged in to, and spend them...but you still had to add premium to each one separately

Masshack

If you honestly believe that a company making a profit is bad then you're going to have a fairly hard time finding any work in general throughout your life. If a company didn't have any interest in making a profit then they have no reason to exist at all and wouldn't even be providing the option of the desired service. If TW didn't make money it would go bankrupt and wouldn't be able to provide ANYONE with the game that so many enjoy to play, whereas if enough money is made for it to be profitable then many thousands of players will have the opportunity to enjoy it.
It is how these company make profit, Inno is unethical as they ask Premium user to pay more for less because Inno wants more for more.
Actually, it looks more like Premium users pay for the free user to make Innogame able to recruit more and more player (thus potential premium users) to increase profit (on the back of premium users).
They massively create new world to give the chance to every new player to have a good rank so like this they maximize the chance that they stay in the game thus enhancing the chance to have a monthly paying user.
Now they have server issues and ask the premiums user to pay more so like this Inno can cover the extra cost of new server, etc.
But these premium users (most of them I assume) don't play more than one/2 world(s) as you have to pay more and more for extra world. No point for them to have new world disponible =\
Unfortunately, they still have to pay for that...

I think I'll invest these bucks into a new gaming engine to play recent games (way funnier, I guess, and less addicting/time consuming as you can barely be competitive on TW if you don't manage your account atleast 1 time per day).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you honestly believe that a company making a profit is bad then you're going to have a fairly hard time finding any work in general throughout your life. If a company didn't have any interest in making a profit then they have no reason to exist at all and wouldn't even be providing the option of the desired service. If TW didn't make money it would go bankrupt and wouldn't be able to provide ANYONE with the game that so many enjoy to play, whereas if enough money is made for it to be profitable then many thousands of players will have the opportunity to enjoy it.

It is how these company make profit, Inno is unethical as they ask Premium user to pay more for less because Inno wants more for more.
Actually, it looks more like Premium users pay for the free user to make Innogame able to recruit more and more player (thus potential premium users) to increase profit (on the back of premium users).
They massively create new world to give the chance to every new player to have a good rank so like this they maximize the chance that they stay in the game thus enhancing the chance to have a monthly paying user.
Now they have server issues and ask the premiums user to pay more so like this Inno can cover the extra cost of new server, etc.
But these premium users (most of them I assume) don't play more than one/2 world(s) as you have to pay more and more for extra world. No point for them to have new world disponible =\
Unfortunately, they still have to pay for that...

I think I'll invest these bucks into a new gaming engine to play recent games (way funnier, I guess, and less addicting/time consuming as you can barely be competitive on TW if you don't manage your account atleast 1 time per day).
I fail to see how your supporting points manage to get to the conclusion that Inno is unethical? I was freely stating that it is their job to make a profit, all of your actual supporting points are perfectly in line with all of my statements. Tribalwars is not a charity; it does not exist to provide services at less than cost. That is not unethical. Your argument seems to be that any company that's not an entirely charitable company is unethical. That's a leap in logic that you're going to have to support.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
there are whole worlds of difference between giving things out at less than cost on one hand and charging prices that go way beyond covering costs, merely to gain as much profit as possible, just because other companies get away with it, on the other...

DeletedUser

there are whole worlds of difference between giving things out at less than cost on one hand and charging prices that go way beyond covering costs, merely to gain as much profit as possible, just because other companies get away with it, on the other...

bancrupcy? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

And do you have any evidence at all to support that claim? Do you know what Innogame's profit margin is? (In general or with respect to TW.)

Beyond that, you do need to recognize that from an economic point of view the purpose of a company is to maximize profit. Not just to made a profit, but to maximize it. You still need to give supporting evidence as to why that's wrong, because I can reference lots of economic sources that will describe how it creates the greatest collective result and that it is in fact harmful not to have that point of view in corporations. (There are also practical examples of this as well.)

DeletedUser

I can deal with this, but if they raise the price again any time soon or if they convert to the "Tiered" system, I'm leaving this game without a second thought.

DeletedUser

Before I make my point, I want to make it clear I have not read all 50 pages of this thread.

But yeah.

The value of points changed because the versions of TW in Asia will have different premium models and abilities, to better suit the market in some countries there. While there are no plans for tribalwars.net to change like this, it'd be technically hard to maintain two different premium point systems in the same code base.

The change is not a trick or method purely to hide the increase. The reasons for it just don't apply to this market.

What about the markets on the Western side of the world? Where money actually means something?
Sure, Asians shouldn't have to lose track of the Rupee/Yuen/Yen/whatever they happen to be using in their country.

But never should we.

It can't be that hard to have two premium systems, on different servers, to represent both markets.

DeletedUser

Seeing as how Innogames just got an investment in the double digit millions, I don't think they should have any financial problems. They should be offering discounts and improving quickly to get more customers.

DeletedUser

Seeing as how Innogames just got an investment in the double digit millions, I don't think they should have any financial problems. They should be offering discounts and improving quickly to get more customers.

If you're bringing in less money that you're paying out it doesn't matter what sort of investments you have, you're still going to die off eventually. (And if you're not doing well it's fairly likely that investors will pull out before that happens.)

DeletedUser

Wow, alot of complaints about this.

The price increase is not huge. If you think about everything that innogames has put into TW over the past three years, most intelligent people will see that an increase such as this fairly reflects all the features that have been added since the game started.

DeletedUser

Wow, alot of complaints about this.

The price increase is not huge. If you think about everything that innogames has put into TW over the past three years, most intelligent people will see that an increase such as this fairly reflects all the features that have been added since the game started.

Indeed. There is huge amounts of economic change along with the features implemented that warrant a price increase; and it is not a large increase. Calling Innogames evil capitalists is an immature, uneducated opinion; yes there are always greedy people in this world out for the most money, but it's not every person that works for that company that is rich...if you're out to complain about a top elite fat cat then go somewhere else. Kevin thomas makes all good points that if you are thinking about posting a thread complaining about this, read his posts first.

DeletedUser

If you're bringing in less money that you're paying out it doesn't matter what sort of investments you have, you're still going to die off eventually. (And if you're not doing well it's fairly likely that investors will pull out before that happens.)

Agreed..people complaining need to wake up and understand that investers take a large part of the profit so the company needs to make enough money to make it worth their while.

Also I really like some of the new stuff you have put in. The village notes was a great idea. At least this game has updates I have played many that don't update a lot. Also this game can be played without prem up to about a million points(I have done it) most games you pretty much need prem or whatever they call it to have any chance.

DeletedUser656

Old thread - locked. Please contact support if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.