Non Premium Guide

mattcurr

awesome guide though if you have a lot of attacks on you I would suggest getting a premium:icon_wink:

Wallam

awesome guide though if you have a lot of attacks on you I would suggest getting a premium:icon_wink:

Thanks mate.. I appreciate you having a read of this and it was really helpful.. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks to everyone else.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

not too bad :icon_wink:

however i disagree with the above. the idea is right but the method is wrong. why bother to use units when you can use a distance calculator? (available on twstats and twmap or make your own) this way you dont lose even that tiny bit of power. and it's easier to do too.

Using those tools tend to take a lot more time/effort though.

Keep in mind you don't need to have every troop though. In a defensive village you'll have say spears, swords, maybe HC, maybe scouts, and at least a few rams/cats. (You need at least some rams/cats for fakes.)

You go to the confirmation screen with a ram. If the time is less than the attack the attack has a noble, if it's almost equal then it's ram/cat speed. If it's a lot less you go to the screen with a scout if you have one. If it's scout speed you know what it is, if it's more, then it doesn't matter, just dodge it regardless. If you don't have a scout do the same with HC to see if it contains scouts. Most times though you only ever need to check with rams as almost all attacks tend to be nobles, clearings, or ram fakes.

Wallam

Keep in mind you don't need to have every troop though. In a defensive village you'll have say spears, swords, maybe HC, maybe scouts, and at least a few rams/cats. (You need at least some rams/cats for fakes.)

You go to the confirmation screen with a ram. If the time is less than the attack the attack has a noble, if it's almost equal then it's ram/cat speed. If it's a lot less you go to the screen with a scout if you have one. If it's scout speed you know what it is, if it's more, then it doesn't matter, just dodge it regardless. If you don't have a scout do the same with HC to see if it contains scouts. Most times though you only ever need to check with rams as almost all attacks tend to be nobles, clearings, or ram fakes.

Mmmm.. if you take everything as a ram fake though it could come back to bite you.. I often disguise a cat wave to destroy the rally point as a ram fake and it works very well..

DeletedUser

Mmmm.. if you take everything as a ram fake though it could come back to bite you.. I often disguise a cat wave to destroy the rally point as a ram fake and it works very well..

I know, but it's still the same speed, and that's what I was talking about.

John of Ash

Cheers dude, I'm going to post us the link for my less experienced tribemates.

:icon_smile::icon_smile::icon_smile:

DeletedUser

i agree and disagree with what you said.

i agree that it can be time consuming to use such tools but...if you have some experience with them and know how to find them fast then it is useful.

also the way you suggested would most likely be what i would do in the first place...

so then why did i even suggest the tools in the first place? because well...i dont know lol. i just posted them as they are another method of tracking times...they may not be the best but they work.

Wallam

i agree and disagree with what you said.

i agree that it can be time consuming to use such tools but...if you have some experience with them and know how to find them fast then it is useful.

also the way you suggested would most likely be what i would do in the first place...

so then why did i even suggest the tools in the first place? because well...i dont know lol. i just posted them as they are another method of tracking times...they may not be the best but they work.

Mmm.. well its good to have an alternative in there im case people dont have every kind of unit in the village.

DeletedUser

Not bad at all.
Only have one comment for that timing noble trains.

I don't know how Explorer works with this, but on Konqueror, this is what I do:
Open a tag for each attack, input troops and all that, then position my self to the last tag opened.
Position my mouse over OK button, hold down Control Button the whole time, and then it starts:
Click - W - Click - W - Click - W....
Control+W is the shortcut key for closing a tab in Konqueror, I don't know how IE handles that.

Noooooo ditch the lizard and go with the footprint! gnome ftw. Still good to see a fellow *nix user.

DeletedUser19695

Wallam, your lucky, you article will be posted at TWSTATS :D ^_^....

I was just not into making guides :icon_wink:, BUt nice work...

DeletedUser19695

WAallam said:
There is only one way to identify attacks accurately and that involves being online when the attacks are sent. In times of war when you are sleeping make sure you always get an account sitter so he can snipe noble trains/ identify attacks. This is especially important if you are on the frontlines. What you do is note the time that there was until the attack hit when you first noticed it. Don’t bother trying to identify them unless you are within a few minutes of them being sent. Then you go to the attack screen and type in 1 of a unit. E.G 1 spear and see the time it takes to get to your village. The closest time for 1 unit to the original time you noted down will have that unit in but remember the time you have noted down should always be smaller or the same as the closest unit. If you get it bigger than you have done something wrong or that unit is not involved in the attack.

Wallam, you dont have to be online to identify the attack... If you are asleep when the attack were sent.. Just use an estimation and some math on how long were you offline then add them up to the arrival of the attack, There you will have an estimated time duration when the attacks were sent..(EXCEPTION FOR REALLY CLOSE ATTACK)

Wallam

Wallam, you dont have to be online to identify the attack... If you are asleep when the attack were sent.. Just use an estimation and some math on how long were you offline then add them up to the arrival of the attack, There you will have an estimated time duration when the attacks were sent..(EXCEPTION FOR REALLY CLOSE ATTACK)

Nah, I disagree.. Say you were offline for 4 hours.. you would not know which unit it was attacking unless it was coming from a huge distance off.

The problem with working out how long you were offline is that you presume that the attack was sent the instant you were offline and so you could identify it wrong.. This is not a big problem if you log on a lot but for less experienced players, the guide was aimed at they might log on only once every 24 hours and so it would be a problem..

DeletedUser

Meh I just open up tabs and get to the finalise attack screen. Then CTRL+TAB and it usually works within 1 sec...