Old v MoM

DeletedUser

not entirely sure how much of what happened over the last week has been posted so far but i thought for those of you not in the know (and those few of you who seem destined to blame myself and a couple others for every single thing that has, is and ever will go wrong) it might be worth a read.

First a quick(ish) bit of background...

I have said on numerous occasions to people both within Old and outside of it that had this been any normal farming world i would not have joined Old and instead would have prefered to stick with my small group of friends on the far side of k56 and fought Old. However, settings as they are, at that stage of the game (with only 4 villas under my belt) it was obvious that Old was the best option for the 4 of us. Soon after joining Old merged with the rank 2 tribe in k56. I srtongly disagreed with this at the time but having little say or knowledge of leaderships dealing at that time it went ahead. It was stated by many people that Old's problem was they were never in a war, THIS was the war we missed out on. Had we fought and found out who in each side was useful and who wasnt we could have merged later should we wished and had a much better tribe. This then meant we spent weeks and in some cases maybe even months trying to root out who was actually good enough and who wasnt, a problem that plagued us for almost as long as i have been in Old.

Once i got my teeth into recruitment we only took in what we viewed to be the best and brightest in the areas we wished to move into and ate the rest, though admitedly in some cases judgements were made which turned out to be wrong (in many cases this was not just about skill but personality too). That said, there were a few people we took a chance on who turned out to be absolute gems, but the world being what it is unless you give them a shot you will never know.

Fast forward to the recent stuff...

Inactivity and quitters is what killed us in the end, i dont think anyone disputes that, but the extent of it is quite shocking. We had several key accounts (many of which were not under attack) quit for various reasons including, a preplanned quit for school, unplanned quit for school, boredom with the world quits, lack of time quits, lots of people going yellow then red, or just flashing yellow constantly, and all those reasons listed so far are from backline accounts :icon_eek:

Then throw in frontline accounts which quit, those held by people we thought were solid but werent, a couple accounts were in the middle of a merge or about to start one, increased pressure to pick up sits and do work and it was highlighted that we had quite a fair few people unwilling to put in any effort (though lets face it, i have heard that said about every single tribe barring 1 as i dont talk to anyone in there).

In the space of 1 week we went from sitting pretty to being a smaller tribe than most if not all top 5 tribes (in terms of active players). The few people who were doing all the work were getting fed up and frustrated at all the time and effort they put in and having very few people reciprocate that effort and i believe had we tried to keep things together then we probably would have had even more people quit in the coming days/weeks.

As for me...

Well i saw people bemoaning people quitting far too easily in adams thread but i too am done with w56. I often find myself losing interest in the playing aspect of things around 3-6 months into a world as im not a big fan of the repetitiveness of late game and for the most part stopped playing my own account, but i stuck around to help lead old and because i wanted to beat mom. However, when you put in hours of work and it seems that almost no one is willing to give anything back then i find it hard to get motivated to keep doing it.

Congrats to mom on the win, i did my best to manouvre Old into a position where they would have the upper hand as i always knew that individually Old didnt have the depth that mom did, but it seems that i overestimated a few people and we fell short of the mark, so i apolgise for not being able to give you a more worthy fight.

This is probably my last post on here and my goodbye to this world, though i did leave a present for MLB cos im just a bumhole like that :lol:

DeletedUser95593

What kind of present? :icon_confused:

Anyway, at least we will both now remember to hit the display leftover villages before faking eachother :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Sad to see you go Simz, it was a lot of fun defending against you. If I continue with new worlds, I hope to see you playing. :) Good luck.

DeletedUser

What kind of present? :icon_confused:

Anyway, at least we will both now remember to hit the display leftover villages before faking eachother :icon_razz:

i missed leaving you 2 presents by about 8 minutes...but i dont want to ruin the surprise :icon_razz:

Sad to see you go Simz, it was a lot of fun defending against you. If I continue with new worlds, I hope to see you playing. :) Good luck.

ill be around, and like i said i really should have given you a lot more to do but if your on HP im probably gonna stick around there for a bit

ok, THIS is probably my last post :p

DeletedUser

i missed leaving you 2 presents by about 8 minutes...but i dont want to ruin the surprise :icon_razz:

ill be around, and like i said i really should have given you a lot more to do but if your on HP im probably gonna stick around there for a bit

ok, THIS is probably my last post :p

Guess I'll have to step up my activity there then. :icon_eek: See ya on the battlefield. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser95593

Ok you really confused me now lol. Because it wasn't the thing i thought it was at the start :icon_confused:

Edit: Your present sucked :(

Last edited by a moderator: