Pacman under DaB out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthquake girl

The cyber-bullying bit struck me personally, having been a victim of a similar campaign on this game. I applaud Googly's lack of tolerance for such behaviour and wish others took the same stance. Nobody deserves that and people who belittle and demean people for their own lols over a stupid game should really not be put up with by any of us, regardless of who they are. I wish as a community people could stand up to these fools and stop tolerating it. Fair play Googly.

Same here, Deb. I'm one of the most thick-skinned people around, and while people can say things like "it's just Skype" or "it's just forums" or "it's just mail" (there is always an "it's just...") that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less. Especially when the people being abusive are being patted on the back and joined on the bandwagon by their buddies. I know I don't have to preach to you, because I'm pretty sure you know why I quit leading Drama and it wasn't because of any ridiculous "election."

I am not doubting anything googly nor am I with trolls Ill take your word for it that it was way above the line; I am just a tough cookie I suppose in being able to handle flack and name calling thus my opinion on what makes someone a bully somewhat differs from the majority. If he made comments/remarks purely based on her sexuality then thats more awkward and cringe than anything in my books but also I have never seen that side of Silver; as previously stated always seemed nice and genuine to me and other female players he has played with in my presence.

I've been playing this dumb game for more than 5 years, and I've seen people say some horrible shit here. Comments based purely on sexuality are no more degrading or hurtful than any others. They're merely annoying and childish. But that could also be showing my age since I'm old as sin and social attitudes are much different now.

How about picking on people for the way they look on the internet? That's pretty damned personal. Do you think that's also something people need to suck up and ignore? For example, on the W61 forum recently some guy started making fun of a female player's profile pic -- called her fat, said she looked like a chipmunk, etc., and his comments stayed there for days (even after I had reported his posts.) She's a lovely young woman who didn't seem hurt by his behavior, but it sure did piss me and a few other people off. I wouldn't cringe over it, but I do know I'd have been offended and angry because it was a personal assault based on looks.

The things that make me cringe are the rape comments. It seems that half the players in this game joke about "raping" some other player, and while I know it isn't meant the same way, it still gets to me sometimes. And I never log on without my asbestos suit.

Firstly comparing someone to "get over" rape to some harsh words said in a Skype chat is completely well; Ridiculous.

However I never stated you should be allowed to get away with whatever someone feels they can say. I am more than aware people do such things as suicide so please don't consider myself completely ignorant to the matter by talking to me like I am; I merely stated "I" the big I in there in my opinion think it takes a lot for something to be considered bullying over a game like TW; Facebook or anything other means of more formal contact I would consider it easier especially if you know the given person in RL however there is countless ways in what I said to avoid what was that situation for going on as long as it was again especially on TW.

I used to hold that same opinion -- I was a complete ass to people online at times. Until I hurt someone a lot with some very harsh words, and I finally realized that OMG! it's NOT all just words on a screen!

People make friendships here and elsewhere on the internet that are often closer than the ones they have in RL. Some, like me, have even fallen in love and married someone they met online (I've been on his nerves for 17y now <3 ). There are people who are lonely or isolated who tend to make close connections with their online friends. This world becomes just as real to them as the physical world, and sometimes even more so. They feel safe online. They have a lot of emotional investment in their friendships. To be abused in a place where they felt safe and cared for is just as emotionally damaging as being abused in RL. For some, maybe even more so because they're already rejected or bullied in RL.

Simply put, whether you feel that someone else is being cyber-bullied is real or not is irrelevant. Your threshold may be higher and if so, kudos to you. It's the feelings of the person who's being abused that matters -- not the abusers or his spectators.

(Pardon any typos. I haven't had any coffee yet.)

Last edited:

arabela

Hi all.

For those who don't know me, I'm Googly (that person who keeps being mentioned on this thread for whatever reasons).

I read all this, even it was damn long, and i must say, it is always good to know all sides of the story.

It is obvious that a pre-made with a lot of good players will be hard to lead. Good players = big egos = internal issues...and all of us know this already. When u start this type of pre-made and when u say u will lead it, u have no excuse to start a topic in public forum and point out one of your players that you should have lead, that he is the one of the reasons that made you quit.

Also, it is obvious those tensions in the tribe could have been resolved as soon as they appeared...again, dab's fault.

What can i say, googly, i don't know you, and i see everybody say you are trouble maker, started to doubt it, tho... You seem to be very direct and clear. And i don't share that "obey" without even ask yourself "why" or "is this good to do"...if he was under risk, how to ask everybody to withdraw suport from him?...this is sick...

nah, i would have been more pissed than you were... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser105718

I'm amused how it's come to cyber-bullying from Dab quiting & pacman falling apart.

In any case, you could've ignored Silver, same as I did - seems to me you're just using him as a scape goat.

DeletedUser

I'm amused how it's come to cyber-bullying from Dab quiting & pacman falling apart.

In any case, you could've ignored Silver, same as I did - seems to me you're just using him as a scape goat.
Oh, the sheer sounds of ignorance :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

what a damn depressing thread. But important so that all players reading it can see that bullying isnt acceptable.

Did the player who was lashing out the badness ever say he regrets it or accepts he was wrong?
Maybe he doesnt see difference between banter -bad banter - abusive comments. But whatever the situ , it doesnt sound healthy and a few peeps need to sit back and reflect a bit about how they could have done things different or behaved better in the circumstances.

At the end of the day its the dukes name on the door when things go awry. Here the duke didnt seem to step up to it at the right times in the right way. He then left and the fall out is pretty stinky.

Its a game we play for fun. Bullying and shit like that has no place in tw.

Michael Corleone.

Or you could've dished it back at Gorth.. its just how the guy is. I dish it back to him, haven't had problems with him for years now.

DeletedUser

He will rage quit once he realizes he isn't as good at risk as you are, and never will be. Tw for that matter too.

Michael Corleone.

Some people just bring it upon themselves, like googly or g razor

DeletedUser

He will rage quit once he realizes he isn't as good at risk as you are, and never will be. Tw for that matter too.

I'm the best at warlight. The rest of you can't compare, compliments of silver for training me.

DeletedUser98879

If only someone had thought of a block, dismiss, leave or delete button cyder-bullying could be stopped... if only there was some way to report IGMs or Forum posts for being offensive...

DeletedUser

cyberbullying is so last year. Cyber sexual harassment is on the rise i hear.

DeletedUser

If only someone had thought of a block, dismiss, leave or delete button cyder-bullying could be stopped... if only there was some way to report IGMs or Forum posts for being offensive...

If only people didn't feel the need to be total arseholes to others perhaps the world would be a nicer place to live in.

DeletedUser93450

Because asking someone to stop isn't standing up for yourself? What'd you expect her to go around to his house and punch him in the face?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Or you could've dished it back at Gorth..

Have you not yet managed to spot where the issues came up involving me when I wasn't the one Gorth was cyber-bullying? :icon_idea:

The girl in question asked him to stop dozens of times. She did not rise to him, she left rooms that he was in. She did everything she could to avoid it but Gorth still continued regardless. There is simply no defense for what he did, regardless of what excuses you come out with about how it is okay (I'm reading that from your forum posts on this thread, apologies if you don't actually think that).

Status
Not open for further replies.