Petition to have tribal member limit dropped

DeletedUser70544

A tribe having 50...that is absurd, 400 is a good limit and personally I think a world set the way it is should stay set the way it is, it would be like restarting everyone, think of how many people would quit and be really mad about the fact that someone wanted to change the tribe limit to 50. If you want a world with 50 members then you should of joined a world with that rule, some chose this world because of the tribe limit, ever think of that?

DeletedUser92

A tribe having 50...that is absurd, 400 is a good limit and personally I think a world set the way it is should stay set the way it is, it would be like restarting everyone, think of how many people would quit and be really mad about the fact that someone wanted to change the tribe limit to 50. If you want a world with 50 members then you should of joined a world with that rule, some chose this world because of the tribe limit, ever think of that?

My friend, on W30 there's a tribal limit of 60. Its not absurd on its own, but I'll agree that it shouldn't be changed so radically, so soon.

DeletedUser

i do not see why it should be changed here. the way the world is evolving into tight nit groups of skilled players... they would not care what the count is.. then the big tribes would just form families like it was stated earlier in this thread. if people are looking to spice things up in this world it will have to be through diplomacy. even then, im not on the front lines with my tribes foe, yet there is ton's of stuff to be done. if people are bored then they should just move on. give the account to someone, let your tribe (or an enemy tribe.. that would be interesting) noble you off. there are plenty of options to deal with lack of entertainment that does not involve changing the world settings.

[edit]jp, i think he meant absurd here. one of the worlds i toy around on the member limit is 10. i love it. there are a lot of family tribes, but also stand alones who are some of the best players on the world[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

maybe we should just kick the inactives? that would get ride of 2/3rds of the world though

DeletedUser

Tribe cap is 20 on W34 :p

Personally, I think a drop in tribe cap would be nice. Sure, people might adjust and create their little family tribes, but that would do a few things:

1. Cause difficulty controlling the swarm
--The Every big tribe in W8 can be easily controlled with a simple mass mailing, Splitting into family tribes would make it trickier, (Though still very possible) to get word out to everyone via mail.

2. Possible Rebellion
--When splitting into several tribes there's always more chance of a knife in your back. If (For example purposes only,) Fenix3 doesn't like how Fenix1 is running things, BAM, internal warring.

3. Confusion
--Sometimes there's going to be people who want to be in CLROX1, not CLROX2, but CLROX1 is full! You'd be moving guys out of CLROX1, confusion them as you boot them despite the fact you just mailed them saying why, and maybe your guys from CLROX2 forgot to send the invite.

Basically, It would just allow more possibility for tribes to snag and run into complications. All of this would demote the use of family tribes, and hopefully split W8 into more pieces than 'CLOROX/KNT/[DT]' <-- The 3 flavors of W8

Just my 2 cents

DeletedUser

Redspider:
Point 1: We all have councils, so all you would do is put the most trusted one in charge of tribes, then forward them the mail and get them to Circ it. Not really that difficult. KNT and KNTC manage it well enough.
2. Fair point, but it would be one tribe, split up. Each tribe should be run on the same rules.
3. Do it on area basis, not pioints?

Look at HOT from world 2. They ended up as about 20 tribes, each being a litle cluster of the players nearest to each other. It worked perfectly and they communicated as a council through Vent. It c an wok even better than a big tribe. I can honestly say that watching over 100-200 people it is impossible to know what everyone is doing. oing it in a network style format would mean you could get almost every player active and fighting.

DeletedUser70544

in world 15 there is a limit of 60 members to, we have 2 other family tribes, I am in the 2nd one, the 1st one is our main tribe and the 3rd is like 50 million 2nd has 110 million and main has 200 million, thats what we had to do, if my family tribes on world 15 could come to world 8 they would rock every tribe here.Not insulting just saying that they are way more organized and no inactives.

DeletedUser

the 50 tribe limit sucks! if they did that the world would be full of family tribes! not sure about u guys but i hjate family tribes

DeletedUser

i am not a big fan of family tribes either, though some of the possible fun that redspider listed could be interesting in some ways... that line of thought would be more fun without the shared forums though...

DeletedUser

Gnil,
Are you not in KNT? a tribe with over 50 members?
So what you want is to break your tribe up as well as others?

Does make me laugh though, i am sure your tribe will turn it into a family warring world....oh...wait... you already have.

Yes, we used allied tribes to bring down allied tribes, so it's not like we invented the idea. That style of play started with BLOC.

However I agree with therandule.... the world has been going too long to make big changes now and if you want something knew the answer is a new world. However there's still some work to do Gnil so you can't go anywhere just yet! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: