Player Made Maps

DeletedUser

I made a map too :D

k-tvsapathy.png

DeletedUser

Does anyone have some good pointers or guides they know of to some GIMP map making? I'm hoping to work on improving my newly found map skills to produce for W51 as well.

DeletedUser94598

Does someone want to make a weekly map for this year, so at the end of the year we can view the changes gradually?

DeletedUser

My first map attempt with Filters, K-T and Blamed are the main highlights of the map with Apathy, SHEEPS, and Axte shown as secondary.

maptry3ktblamed.png

DeletedUser

My first map attempt with Filters, the other 2 were without.

DeletedUser96855

Thats a pretty good map.
it will have to be updated soon tho.
because of the war between FOR and MIND.

DeletedUser94598

i made a map of mind vs for the first day the war started...and i will do one after :D

DeletedUser

Oh, how W51 has changed.

Does anyone have some good pointers or guides they know of to some GIMP map making? I'm hoping to work on improving my newly found map skills to produce for W51 as well.

FYI, for making maps, I simply recorded a macro. This means all you have to do is select a tribe using the color dropper, then make a new layer, and then click the macro. Do this for each of the tribe on your map, and its finished. You can make maps like this in <5 minutes... I found that making the base map on TWstats took longer!

For anyone who wants it, you can download my macro here. Simply load photoshop, and go to the actions menu, then load new action. You will then be able to use it as I explained above.

DeletedUser94598

not much has changed since last week but still

[SPOIL]
wm2.jpg
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Oh, how W51 has changed.

FYI, for making maps, I simply recorded a macro. This means all you have to do is select a tribe using the color dropper, then make a new layer, and then click the macro. Do this for each of the tribe on your map, and its finished. You can make maps like this in <5 minutes... I found that making the base map on TWstats took longer!

For anyone who wants it, you can download my macro here. Simply load photoshop, and go to the actions menu, then load new action. You will then be able to use it as I explained above.

I'm currently using GIMP, would it work the same way?

DeletedUser

Lol, yea sorry my map got messed up when i flatened layers and shit, it looked better brfor i did it:icon_sad:

DeletedUser95593

Mind and Nuke are in splendid isolationism :)

A bit like America in WW2.