Playing TW is different now

DeletedUser118856

You actually need at least 4 scouts for it not to die in this world :) (unless he has scouts himself ofc :D)

DeletedUser116787

I unplug my router.

I plug it back in.

New IP.

As I said, such ideas are not possible. You're not thinking of something new and revolutionary that's never been thought of before, you're thinking of a small portion of a large picture which has been thoroughly examined and deemed unworthy.

Why would you do such a thing? You are the reason we can't have nice things

Gorth Kirgar

If you were really the "GOAT" here, you'd know he was just stating possible cheats used, not that he is using those himself.

DeletedUser64969

If people want to fix tribal wars then the only feasible way is too destroy every server but .net and transfer all the worlds over too .net and give a language option in the settings and an ingame/forum translator of some-kind, you set your language option then the forum/game automatically translates any text to your option, if your from Germany you can change the language to german and everything will be shown in German, even when a profile is in English it will translate to german.

I must have said this 6-7 years ago, I think world size would atleast triple if not more, the different nationalities would add something interesting to the game as people will likely join there own culture groups or language regardless of the translator bypassing this, meaning your starting real world divisions and getting to the route of what warfare is about more, (people hating you because your different :D) also the simple fact that there would be 25 tribes of roughly equal size due to the influx of people, people wouldn't be able to join any tribe they want as the game would be more based on your location, the situation you're in, you might start next to a turkish premade who will spike everything and throw swords at you instead of just inviting you and you being able to sit there and hide in a tribe until the end of the world rofl, as long as you keep tribe sizes down to 30-40 people and give some reasons to why a family tribe has no advantages, it would make the world interesting due to world being filled out, people can join late and have a chance on the rim again which is difficult now, instead of the core of the world also being the rim............ basically tw staff or designers whoever responsible don't have a god damm clue or there just running the game into the ground while making a quick buck with all the p2w crap on purpose, but in all honesty they could make the game reasonably good again by doing the above, alot of work to be done to make it happen, but you either change or let it die, its obvious tribalwars 2 is not the way forward atleast in my eyes, But from what I gather its more mobile friendly, thats obviously moving with the times, but I don't know much about tw2 so its difficult for me comment :| had a look on a world and it had 40k people, w85 has 7k so maybe there doing something right...

But I still think if you merged all the servers into .net you could get a world with 100,000 people at start up again, and the worlds would be far better than the current crap.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

immunesoul has a good point; but that is what admins and innogame can do to fix TW. On our part, we can do something, well at least we can try. We are around 7k players in world 85, if each one of us invites some of the players listed in "invite old comrades" and succeeds to bring back 10 players that would be 70k new players. Well what if they didn't hear about world 85, by inviting them we have more chances that they will. I personally will be inviting all the players listed there till i can't invite anymore (most of them i don't remember them) but i ll go along with a general message.
So come on, we can try that!

Last edited by a moderator:

twenty-five

Translating potentially complex sentences, with what will be in many cases poor syntactic structure, just wouldn't work very well. Google's page translate still makes me raise my eyebrows at times, can you imagine how bad it would be for TW to implement something? No disrespect to the TW devs but clearly their's would be worse (less developers, less time etc etc), they could tell people to use a browser offering auto translate to get the best version possible(still nowhere near perfect), but given this game is played a fair amount via apps now something would need to be done to cater to that also. Also telling people to use certain browsers would not sit pretty with this community, how enraged were they when opera 12 died because the internet's evolved (which is nothing to do with inno).

This game's central concept is communication and that needs to be as clear as the players make it; the game playing a part in that just does not work. Can you imagine the uproar when things are mistranslated leading to accidental war declarations or something? People got pissed they removed attack ids for example, which had much smaller repercussions than the game mistranslating things. The community might think they want that, but in reality I really doubt you do.

In an idealistic world it works, in reality it just doesn't. Yes players can communicate with those of their own language, but external forums, mails to players nearby etc etc really do need to be understandable unless you want to make the game more frustrating for everyone involved.

DeletedUser107233

I agree with what Immune says but i also agree with 25, the hardest part like real world would be the language barrier and how it translates.

I could say something in english or german that could mean something completely different in say italian, japanese, russian or another language.

If we could overcome the language situation i think the merging of all the foreign servers would also greatly diminish the cost on Innogames as well, which would allow them to do more worlds that are not P2W

DeletedUser64969

Translating potentially complex sentences, with what will be in many cases poor syntactic structure, just wouldn't work very well. Google's page translate still makes me raise my eyebrows at times, can you imagine how bad it would be for TW to implement something? No disrespect to the TW devs but clearly their's would be worse (less developers, less time etc etc), they could tell people to use a browser offering auto translate to get the best version possible(still nowhere near perfect), but given this game is played a fair amount via apps now something would need to be done to cater to that also. Also telling people to use certain browsers would not sit pretty with this community, how enraged were they when opera 12 died because the internet's evolved (which is nothing to do with inno).

This game's central concept is communication and that needs to be as clear as the players make it; the game playing a part in that just does not work. Can you imagine the uproar when things are mistranslated leading to accidental war declarations or something? People got pissed they removed attack ids for example, which had much smaller repercussions than the game mistranslating things. The community might think they want that, but in reality I really doubt you do.

In an idealistic world it works, in reality it just doesn't. Yes players can communicate with those of their own language, but external forums, mails to players nearby etc etc really do need to be understandable unless you want to make the game more frustrating for everyone involved.

Yeah you're very likely right, I thought this myself, but I think the translator could be pulled off, (too a certain extent), as you said google isn't perfect and they have a million times the resources, but even if theirs no translator at all which is an ambitious idea, a language option can still be given easily enough, (copy and paste from all existing servers), although coding might have to change somewhat, I'm not a script-er/coder so someone with knowledge with that would have to fill me in, so everyone on the server can change it from English to where-ever there from, thats the biggest hurdle, people don't want to play in English settings and they shouldn't have to, but the biggest point is merging all the servers, I think it could vastly improve gameplay, i'd play the absolute shizzle out of a world with 50-100k players :p

as dino killer said, with mergers servers it could potentially decrease the server costs and maintenance, but then again thats not my area of expertise pointwhoring is, but it makes sense, down from 50 little worlds to 5 big worlds.

and hellooo peoples

twenty-five

I am right about the translation not working well enough. It's based on issues with all machine translation. For a start tribalwars players typically use a lot of what would come under 'non standard speech' in that link. So that's a huge issue. Translation just isn't feasible, and doing it badly is worse than not doing it as the game is essentially then deciding what players said which is a big no-no in my book (and should be in anyone's). If I mail you and the game translates something incorrectly, and that leads to you doing something you wouldn't have done if it was correct then suddenly the game's mistranslation is impacting in-game actions which isn't really right or fair.

Merging servers without a common language (or an accurately translated one) just doesn't work well for reasons I mentioned. Even ignoring all the direct in-game problems, how does in-game and forum moderation work in this scenario? You'd need at least one moderator per language and then need enough to have a least one per world (that's a hell of a lot) . Yes, mods exist for all language versions, already and could just come over I guess but I don't see that working amazingly to be honest. Maybe it would be fine, I can't be sure but it seems like it would get very messy very quickly The forum problem I guess could be solved by keeping them English only, but then a lot of players miss out on that section of the game, and the forums would probably stay dead. That was one of mine, and others I speak to, favourite part of the bigger worlds. There was actually forum activity. This game is too heavily tied to communication to function properly with a language barrier, in my opinion. I think many others would agree, and if they didn't if it was implemented I imagine they would.

You're right translating all the in-game text (the stuff the game puts there) is easy, as it's already there in some form. I'm just guessing here but I imagine the code already has the option to change the language on the page, rather than having each version hard-coded individually which would be a very bad way to do it because each change to the game would then require making a change per language version doesn't seem sensible. So it's probably a server setting, which would just need adjusting to a player level setting. That doesn't seem too difficult at all, but not knowing the TW code base I can't be sure on that.

I'm not trying to hate on your idea, I agree bigger worlds are attractive but I just don't think this is a feasible solution to that problem. (I also think it is actually the best solution to the problem, so I really can't see big worlds being a thing again as I don't think anything works to that end). The closest I think that could be reasonably achieved is the English versions merged, but then people will hate they don't have their night bonus and quit. Also different rules. I very much doubt the retention rate during any merge will be high enough to be worth it from a business perspective.

Last edited:

DeletedUser64969

I still think tribalwars could merge the servers (with the ingame language options, the in-game ticket system would be easy to solve), I personally think people would play with the language barrier, having different countries/languages against each other is interesting in my opinion, it adds an entire real world layer to the game, its pretty much channels conflict by its self, I don't understand him, I don't know what he's doing he is obviously different and has to go. but yes there maybe be some problems with the player base not liking it, but I think larger worlds would attract more players, just changing tribalwars up would attract more players, I can personally think of a 200 people who quit because worlds are too small and too cut and dry, the samething happens every world, doing this would effectively shake everything up, gameplay would be vastly different, and I would bet atleast half of those 200 would come back to try the game again, (thats just 200 people I know, not the millions that have played the game)

And as for in-game tickets and stuff, that sounds easy, if you have language settings then just make it so the tickets are filtered for each language and make it go to the appropriate moderator, would likely mean a change in the moderation system, but I don't see that being a problem.

Forum moderation is a problem, Couldn't say how to help with that (without a use of a translator, which we have established as being difficult/impossible without a universal language or something) would have to make do with google translator, I had to do this on .de, I got by on the forums ok, buts that's english to german which share alot of common words/meaning, there's languages out there as you've said are much harder to translate for, but I think its a barrier which could be overcome, with lack of moderation + making people speaking English via external forums, obviously English will have to fill in as the universal language (not ideal but is the only way), but people will argue its needed on the in game forums then as well no doubt. they would obviously have to have a speak any language rule in-game (but English preferred) and an English only on the forums and hope google translate can fill the void for people that are not english.

you might be right about retention rate, but I highly doubt it, so many people would come back just to try it, it has so many problems attached to it that tribalwars dev's will never blink an eye at it, it's just too much work for a game going down the pan, But if I could flick a switch and make the possible things happen, I would bet that things would be better.

Maybe years in the future with an universal language or a translation system that works we can implement everything, without that it causes many problems, but also adds some interesting things, either way i'd say try it lol.

Last edited:

twenty-five

We could discuss the pros and cons all day, to be honest, but as you say it won't happen because the game's dead and the effort involved is high (and what I've said would make it a huge risk). I've really said most of the significant reasons it wouldn't work, so I'm gonna leave it there.

However I will add that worlds are small because people left originally for whatever other reason, people did not leave because the worlds were small until they were already small. They got that way for a reason, those players just weren't interested in the game any more. Sure, some people left because worlds were smaller, but they fall in the minority as by definition of the worlds being small a significant proportion had to have already left otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue.

DeletedUser64969

alot of people left around 2009-10 as they had being playing since 2003 ish, TW also introduced about 10 new servers spreading the player population out somewhere around this time, hence the problem, I was there for it and noticed the difference, ever since then it started going down hill (quality of worlds). after around w38 ish things went downhill very quickly.

DeletedUser

Well, this was a blast! =)

Well, since you guys already started the tw world merging discussion, I guess I'll just give my 2 cents opinion about it. =)

For the forum prob, why not just make a thread/forum/sub-forum for certain countries? Example

World Forum
-> General Discussion
-> English
-> Russian
-> Korean
-> UK
-> Germany
-> Japan

Well, that would do it. And if someone goes to the other language forum, they could use google translate to read and even reply in English through google translation.

Merging the world is feasible since with all the codes and game translation has already been met by the other servers .uk, .net, .ko, etc. etc. It would not be hard to integrate the choose a language system...

What is the problem?

immunesoul... I just wanted to say this... your avatar is hot! =) is that you? o_O

DeletedUser64969

Well, this was a blast! =)

Well, since you guys already started the tw world merging discussion, I guess I'll just give my 2 cents opinion about it. =)

For the forum prob, why not just make a thread/forum/sub-forum for certain countries? Example

World Forum
-> General Discussion
-> English
-> Russian
-> Korean
-> UK
-> Germany
-> Japan

Well, that would do it. And if someone goes to the other language forum, they could use google translate to read and even reply in English through google translation.

Merging the world is feasible since with all the codes and game translation has already been met by the other servers .uk, .net, .ko, etc. etc. It would not be hard to integrate the choose a language system...

What is the problem?

immunesoul... I just wanted to say this... your avatar is hot! =) is that you? o_O

I only look like that on wednesday.

twenty-five

What is the problem?

The entirety of communication, if you're content with that not working you're fine. I mean I can understand why it wouldn't bother you, most of the time no one has any idea of what you are saying anyway. :lol: