[PMS] - Care x - Chaos vs C²

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Whilst I appreciate your understanding of stereotypes not always holding true, your statement is absolutely incorrect. There is a direct correlation between age and experience, its easy to work out logically. TW is 6 years old, meaning those not old enough to play when it started/ play and understand and hence learn from those experiences are disadvantaged. However that's not to say your age will make you inherentally bad, but it is a more likely occurrence. Younger players also more often than not lack maturity, meaning the way they conduct themselves (descion making, generally annoying, valuing of points instead of OD/troops).

"And judging someone by their age means you are no better than they are." - that statement in itself puts down and makes a judgement on someone for their age, suggesting that you will be no better than they are insinuates that they are worse?
im 16 now and have played since w5. While im not exactly solo top20 player material, most will confirm that im a nevertheless solid player. And im definatly not an exception.

The 2nd part isnt very coherent. How does my statement put anyone down?

DeletedUser107349

im 16 now and have played since w5. While im not exactly solo top20 player material, most will confirm that im a nevertheless solid player. And im definatly not an exception.

It does make sense, however I'll admit my iPhone limits my ability to write lengthy and highly explained sentences. In saying that, "you are no better than they are", insinutes the person (in this case the one you are judging for age) is bad/crap/worse than average, hence therefore insinuates there is a difference but i'm just arguing semantics.

I never said your age inherently means your bad, I just said its more likely. I'm not arguing the individual, but you can't deny my experiences (being that 16 and unders are generally immature, poor decision makers, bad strategic players and dont get the game to the whole extremes - notice the word generally).

DeletedUser107679

Seems I rest my case on you to.

DeletedUser3266

It does make sense, however I'll admit my iPhone limits my ability to write lengthy and highly explained sentences. In saying that, "you are no better than they are", insinutes the person (in this case the one you are judging for age) is bad/crap/worse than average, hence therefore insinuates there is a difference but i'm just arguing semantics.

I never said your age inherently means your bad, I just said its more likely. I'm not arguing the individual, but you can't deny my experiences (being that 16 and unders are generally immature, poor decision makers, bad strategic players and dont get the game to the whole extremes - notice the word generally).

That is absolutely correct - younger players have a greater tendency to make poor decisions simply due to immaturity and sometimes lack of experience.

DeletedUser79609

That is absolutely correct - younger players have a greater tendency to make poor decisions simply due to immaturity and sometimes lack of experience.

Ahh, I do love a stereotype. Next you'll be saying that younger players have a tendency to drink a lot and do drugs.

Everyone makes poor decisions, what's age got to do with it?

DeletedUser

Best player I have ever seen happened to be around 14-16 and had what I suspected to be sociopathic tendencies (over exposure to 4chan perhaps). Just sayin'.

DeletedUser67005

Ahh, I do love a stereotype. Next you'll be saying that younger players have a tendency to drink a lot and do drugs.

Everyone makes poor decisions, what's age got to do with it?

Younger people make a lot more. Age has everything to do with it.

DeletedUser105718

It's different with each person, individual. Some mature quicker, some slower though everyone matures and in that process you get angry, often immature (some less, some more). Everyone has went trough it (with the exception of people that have mental, physical illnesses). So there is completely no reason to pull up petty arguments about it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

close this, you're all kids to me, stop discussing age, bad decision making does not necessarily come from age, though yeh, experience in tribal wars is a huge key that people do tend to lack, older age and experience does in a sense bring some sort of skill to the game, unless you just suck.

Anyways, Mod, close this please.

DeletedUser79609

Younger people make a lot more. Age has everything to do with it.

Not many 12 year olds play this game. Besides even if they did, by most of you peoples comments after a few years of playing they'd be pro decision makers.

It all depends on what you personally class as young. I'm 18, I have played this game for around 5 years (I think). Does that mean i'm prone to mistakes?

Stereotyping on a game like this just doesn't work. Then again, imo stereotyping only works for comedians and elderly people (who all think i'm going to stab them)

DeletedUser107349

Not many 12 year olds play this game. Besides even if they did, by most of you peoples comments after a few years of playing they'd be pro decision makers.

It all depends on what you personally class as young. I'm 18, I have played this game for around 5 years (I think). Does that mean i'm prone to mistakes?

Maybe not you personally, but statistically sure. The cognitive mind doesn't reach it's full development until 23 - 25ish. I'm 19 and I can accept this. However in game your 5 years experience is a lot more than most, probably helping you out a little. Stereo types are there for a reason, for the most part, humans categorise everything, hence stereotypes, but one must accept things aren't that simple and be aware that a stereotype is never cement.

Stereotyping on a game like this just doesn't work. Then again, imo stereotyping only works for comedians and elderly people (who all think i'm going to stab them)

You do realise that is a stereotype?

Status
Not open for further replies.