Pointless writing

DeletedUser

SPAM (Extra: FAQ):

Thanks to the Calm. war, I have been put out of a job. It is always quite nice to fight opponents that will spontaneously decompose over time. Due to this unfortunate circumstances though, I no longer have anything to do in SPAM. We don't really recruit, theres no diplomacy to take care of, no real internal issues, no Ops to plan, no wars to start. I have officially reached the top level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs (self-actualization) and have received a new role of chronicling the history leading towards SPAM's future victory(?) on world 60 for posterity. This has now been mostly completed to the present day, but there are still some unanswered questions that chronicling history cannot answer. How was SPAM led? What did SPAM stand for? Why did people outside (and inside) SPAM hate SPAM? How was recruitment undertaken? Why the number 23? ... I could probably create an endless plethora of questions that will need to be answered. The purpose of this segment is to answer but a few of them.

SPAM's Leadership:

SPAM as a tribe contains two classes of people, dicktators and everyone else. The dicktator (known as the dicktator due to it being an amalgamation of dick and dictator) is the player who is in full control of the tribe, makes most (if not all) of the major decisions and leads the tribe. This person can also be addressed as supreme leader, dear leader, generalissimo, fuhrer, overlord, boss, sir as well as a name for any well known dictator in history. The second class "everyone else", also known as plebeians, noobs, members, proletariats etc., contains the rest of the tribe.

Voting in SPAM:

Do not let this fool you though, SPAM is a democracy. The dictator was elected by popular vote upon creation of SPAM and all issues within SPAM are voted on. The number of votes one gets depends on the seniority of the player and the option with the highest number of votes is placed into action. Votes are counted in the unit of Louis (the voting power of Louis Mavor in SPAM). A senior player such as Hells Toy Master can have a voting power as much as 120 Louises. A noob such as Ashoka1 can have a voting power as few as 10 Louises. The Dicktator's voting power is 1,000,000 Louises and has the right, similar to an American President, to veto any issue.

Possibility of Promotion:

Players in SPAM can achieve baron or council status through consistent hard work towards the success of SPAM or, more commonly, through their hard work in making mergers smoother. The roles of Baron and Council member are purely ceremonial and allow these players no more influence in decision making in SPAM than any other member in SPAM.

The current Dicktator of SPAM (14th November-Present) is DA/the nemesis123. It has been decided through vote that SPAM will disband should the current dicktator die before the end of the world.

Diplomacy:

It is the role of the Dicktator to do official diplomacy. All unofficial diplomacy is done by the members and does not signify a change in SPAM's official diplomacy. SPAM's current stance in diplomacy is that of a limited diplomacy with other tribes. All alliances are kept until the other party either backstabs them or disbands. All NAPs are kept as stated in the terms of the NAP. To help the dicktator deal with diplomacy, a council has been formed.

Role of the Council:

The role of the council is to exist and therefore allow the dicktator, when conducting diplomacy, to reference "bringing the problem to the council" in order to either avoid or inefficiently waste time addressing diplomatic problems similar to councils in other tribes.

Generally it is the preferred position of SPAM to have 0 alliances and 0 NAPs.

Why 23:

The tradition number of members in SPAM is 23. Why 23? This is due to the law of fives. The law of fives is summarized in the Principia Discordia:

The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5. The Law of Fives is never wrong.

—Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016

This creates the 23 enigma as 2+3=5. 23 is also a nice number. It is prothesized by the dicktator in one of his "spiritual experiences" that SPAM shall return to the 23 at the end of the world whatever that means.

Recruitment standards:

Recruitment is done in SPAM relatively randomly as standards fluctuate over time dependent on the mood of the dicktator. Recruitment times can vary from 2 hours to 2 months. In all recruitment, an interview with the dicktator is required, in which a range of questions are answered. One cannot gain entrance to SPAM unless they request entrance beforehand. Recommendations etc. are worthless unless coming directly from the dicktator. Skype and sits are required as well as a knowledge in English. The difficulty of the interview is up to the whim of the supreme leader.

War:

There is no need for an excuse for SPAM to war but an excuse is made because it is often funnier. As a general rule, SPAM dislikes that which lies outside of SPAM and wants to absorb it into SPAM, however should another tribe gain the wrath of the dicktator, they will most certainly find themselves at war with SPAM some time in future. Due to the -RLS- war and ceasefire, it was voted that SPAM would no longer grant ceasefires to other tribes.

Internal:

The internal forums of SPAM are bare. This makes it easier for moderation. The skype chat is unmoderated and flooded with rubbish. SPAM assumes that all members are 40 year old balding men with maturity of 10 year olds. Therefore no age related rules on content is enforced. Most operations are given out via PM, other than that, autonomy is allowed to members.

I will add more when I have time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think there is a big difference from being scared to merge due to the opinion of the masses, and scared to merge due to the long term effects it can have in a tribe (ie. miscommunication, factions etc.... )

At one point Dylan mentions bringing people in, and then booting them less than 24 hours later because they were incompatible.. Perhaps a little rash (perhaps made due to concern of being judged?), because it's hard to believe someone could make an accurate judgement call that quickly (I say that not knowing the full scenario), or pure brilliance for recognizing that early it wasn't going to work, either way I think it's more noteworthy that Dylan is willing to put his tribe out there (at risk of public opinion), and then admit it was a mistake by rectifying it (which some would say puts you more at risk of public opinion, because often people will try again and again to go back to that mistake as a failure).

The reality on mistakes, is that we are all human, and everyone makes them. Instead of being afraid to make them, leaders should be willing to make them (smartly of course), learn, and adapt from them to become better leaders.

Ps. I have to say, I'm enjoying this topic, mostly from the contributions Kanip and Dylan put in, but also because I feel free to join the conversation for once! Would love to see some other leaders, or important figures contribute some writing, so I/we could get some insight on their perspectives!

There were multiple reasons:

- Merger and interviews were rushed and for 2 of the 5 players, account sits were done in tribe as normally recruitment takes over a week to conduct. This is was due to the possibility of war with ///.
- One player lied about not being attacked by /// in order to get into the tribe which I found out through looking through recent reports, even though SPAM was at bad relations with them at the time so it wouldn't have mattered.
- 2 accounts were not up to standard (either lack of farming, premium, bad builds etc.)
- Anti-merge sentiment in SPAM (normally though I just ignore this).
- 1 of them started an argument with some of our members as soon as they joined the tribe.

Although there was 1 player who was very good, the rest ranged from alright (under SPAM's average) to mediocre. I changed my mind about the merger and kicked them all about 12 hours after the merger happened. SPAM had no council so it was not a vote of any sort. It was solely my gut telling me that many of these players would become dead weight. Though I would preferred to retain one of the members, due to the other 4 being kicked, I had no choice but to kick the 5th. Beggars cannot be choosers. They would then join SmexC and collapse under SPAM attack in the first 3 days, demonstrating that my choice was correct (or maybe at least in the context of them joining SmexC).

External opinions/the effect on SPAM's reputation played little role as they are generally irrelevant in decision making.

DeletedUser

Dylan (rofl)
Role of the Council:

The role of the council is to exist and therefore allow the dicktator, when conducting diplomacy, to reference "bringing the problem to the council" in order to either avoid or inefficiently waste time addressing diplomatic problems similar to councils in other tribes.

^ This made me laugh, and it's always effective. Tribes don't learn or understand that SPAM is a dicktatorship and not a council.

You forgot one main point *tear*
Number one recruitment requirement is "measurements".

DeletedUser

My Story

Started this world sometime in early november think it was around the 7th, not really sure. I had never played this game before and didnt have a clue what was going on, got an invite to the then biggest tribe in my area called New, i was pretty happy with this as i didnt realise they were just an MRT. Saw a thread in the forum offering a few council positions, so for some reason mailed the duke, cant even remember his name, and for some stupid reason i got accepted. This lead me to start talking to a few other players with obviously more experience than i had and one of them told me that New was gunna fail really badly and to try to get an invite into a tribe called HD. Not really knowing what i was doing i mailed the duke of HD and was accepted in.

I remember the first thing i did was look on the forums and saw a help/tips forum so clicked on that and started reading all the guides i could see, was a bit confused by the whole offensive and defensive build thing. Next thing i saw pop up was a thread about the skype room so got myself added to there and got speaking to a few people who actually showed me where i was going wrong and got things like T trains and such set up for me. This lead to me getting a bit more involved and learning a few more things. By this point HD was vying for top position in k35 with a tribe called MOAR! so we went to war with them and i somehow managed to get one of the first caps off them. They fell apart soon after so we went about consolidating our K, this lead to tension with a newly rising tribe SCC who soon after decided to declare on us, we managed to pretty swiftly win that war aswell and took a few of their better players into HD, 2 of which i became good friends with soon after.

Then things started heating up a bit with this tribe called SPAM, which ended up with them jumping us in k36 where we only had a few villages which i think were fairly swiftly taken. I was fairly frontline on this war and growing quite well, this brought me into a bit of contact with the duke of SPAM on the twbutch3r account, i think i was winding him up about a load of scouts of his i killed, this resulted in him blocking me. Soon after this i was round at a mates house who had just started TW and used his account to mail twbutch3r to have a joke at him. This backfired on me pretty badly as he reported me for multi-accounting and as i hadnt set up the SIC correctly i was banned and lost a third of my villages. This was what got me really started in the SPAM war. This dragged on for quite a while with both sides having around equal honours, then RLS jumped in on our side and we started making a real push. Working together me and another player took twbutch3r out of k35, i still hadnt forgotten about the ban, and things started getting a bit heated on the externals which resulted in dylan saying publically that he would never recruit me into SPAM and that he would rim me whatever tribe i was in.

The war dragged on and we finally started getting a proper lead when SPAM called in its friends, 7sf, Valour and Bonn. We were then forced to fight a more defensive war while being bombarded but 3 tribes all bigger than us, this is when i really gained some skill in defending by having to snipe for sits and such. After a while of this our allies in RLS pretty much stabbed us in the back by forming misc then merging with SPAM at around the time out duke had to take some time of for RL matters. This lead to us being backed up against the wall, i had fully accepted that we were gunna be taken out and had just wanted to hold on as long as i possibly could before giving in. At this time nyx from 7sf extended the core members of HD a lifeline by recruitment into 7sf.

The main core of HD went to 7sf and things were going on alright SPAM and Valour were busy fighting over Bonn so we were able to consolidate our position in k35 a bit more. Then dylan came to the 7sf and convinced them to kick me so he could live up to his pledge on the externals. At this time the original owner of the Art 07 account quit for RL reasons so it was decided the lmavor account would be given to SPAM and i would play the Art 07 account in 7sf. Things continued peacefully then until the 7sf/SmexC war but as i was quite far away i only really played a token part in this war so didnt make a whole lot of an impact. Then things started hotting up with valour and then they stabbed 7sf in the back around the time the duke of 7sf disappeared. Valour then dropped the NAP and there was a bit of skirmishing on the border but then Mason and Ampac formed Error, kind of an active 7sf core group of players who arranged the merge with SPAM.

I then joined SPAM and quite a peaceful time until this skirmishing with calm started. As i am based up north i didnt take much of an active role for the first month or 2, but then Valour collapsed and calm recruited players such as kraig and lori, so it was time for round 3. This is still going on but at the moment it is going very much in our favour, however they are starting to show a bit more of an aggressive side to them so who knows. Cant really say much until the situation changes.

DeletedUser

My Story

Started this world sometime in early november think it was around the 7th, not really sure. I had never played this game before and didnt have a clue what was going on, got an invite to the then biggest tribe in my area called New, i was pretty happy with this as i didnt realise they were just an MRT. Saw a thread in the forum offering a few council positions, so for some reason mailed the duke, cant even remember his name, and for some stupid reason i got accepted. This lead me to start talking to a few other players with obviously more experience than i had and one of them told me that New was gunna fail really badly and to try to get an invite into a tribe called HD. Not really knowing what i was doing i mailed the duke of HD and was accepted in.

I remember the first thing i did was look on the forums and saw a help/tips forum so clicked on that and started reading all the guides i could see, was a bit confused by the whole offensive and defensive build thing. Next thing i saw pop up was a thread about the skype room so got myself added to there and got speaking to a few people who actually showed me where i was going wrong and got things like T trains and such set up for me. This lead to me getting a bit more involved and learning a few more things. By this point HD was vying for top position in k35 with a tribe called MOAR! so we went to war with them and i somehow managed to get one of the first caps off them. They fell apart soon after so we went about consolidating our K, this lead to tension with a newly rising tribe SCC who soon after decided to declare on us, we managed to pretty swiftly win that war aswell and took a few of their better players into HD, 2 of which i became good friends with soon after.

Then things started heating up a bit with this tribe called SPAM, which ended up with them jumping us in k36 where we only had a few villages which i think were fairly swiftly taken. I was fairly frontline on this war and growing quite well, this brought me into a bit of contact with the duke of SPAM on the twbutch3r account, i think i was winding him up about a load of scouts of his i killed, this resulted in him blocking me. Soon after this i was round at a mates house who had just started TW and used his account to mail twbutch3r to have a joke at him. This backfired on me pretty badly as he reported me for multi-accounting and as i hadnt set up the SIC correctly i was banned and lost a third of my villages. This was what got me really started in the SPAM war. This dragged on for quite a while with both sides having around equal honours, then RLS jumped in on our side and we started making a real push. Working together me and another player took twbutch3r out of k35, i still hadnt forgotten about the ban, and things started getting a bit heated on the externals which resulted in dylan saying publically that he would never recruit me into SPAM and that he would rim me whatever tribe i was in.

The war dragged on and we finally started getting a proper lead when SPAM called in its friends, 7sf, Valour and Bonn. We were then forced to fight a more defensive war while being bombarded but 3 tribes all bigger than us, this is when i really gained some skill in defending by having to snipe for sits and such. After a while of this our allies in RLS pretty much stabbed us in the back by forming misc then merging with SPAM at around the time out duke had to take some time of for RL matters. This lead to us being backed up against the wall, i had fully accepted that we were gunna be taken out and had just wanted to hold on as long as i possibly could before giving in. At this time nyx from 7sf extended the core members of HD a lifeline by recruitment into 7sf.

The main core of HD went to 7sf and things were going on alright SPAM and Valour were busy fighting over Bonn so we were able to consolidate our position in k35 a bit more. Then dylan came to the 7sf and convinced them to kick me so he could live up to his pledge on the externals. At this time the original owner of the Art 07 account quit for RL reasons so it was decided the lmavor account would be given to SPAM and i would play the Art 07 account in 7sf. Things continued peacefully then until the 7sf/SmexC war but as i was quite far away i only really played a token part in this war so didnt make a whole lot of an impact. Then things started hotting up with valour and then they stabbed 7sf in the back around the time the duke of 7sf disappeared. Valour then dropped the NAP and there was a bit of skirmishing on the border but then Mason and Ampac formed Error, kind of an active 7sf core group of players who arranged the merge with SPAM.

I then joined SPAM and quite a peaceful time until this skirmishing with calm started. As i am based up north i didnt take much of an active role for the first month or 2, but then Valour collapsed and calm recruited players such as kraig and lori, so it was time for round 3. This is still going on but at the moment it is going very much in our favour, however they are starting to show a bit more of an aggressive side to them so who knows. Cant really say much until the situation changes.

You are wrong about 1 thing. The dismissal was nothing to do with a pledge. Someone like myself is more than happy to lie on the forums (even though it turned out not to be a lie...lmavor was rimmed). Infact (in the background) SPAM asked for texaspete001 and another player (whose name I forgot but was big) to be dismissed from 7SF to weaken their position in K35 and help establish SPAM as eventual top dog in K35 (which would happen soon after we recruited -RLS-). They said that they really wanted texaspete so I put your name up there basically because I thought it would be funny.

DeletedUser

My little story.

Starting out:
After w26 ended after about half a year with lack of sleep and no motivation to really play seriously, I took a break for a few months. But as my friends from w26 vanished more and more I started to miss the buddies I got through the game, so I joined the latest world, which at the time was w60, not knowing anyone and just getting back into it. I joined a tribe claiming not to be a MRT, though they invited anyone and everyone they pretty much could. Believe the name was Demon or Daemon. Anyhow, after some time we had a conflict with Mine! the biggest guys in the K. People were showing off in the forums so i figured I'd been lucky with my tribe, they didn't bend over and take it. I found my nearest target, McKenziesclan, and started attacking. None of us had nobles and it wasn't really point of us to attack eachother, but whatever retards do to keep themselves busy. I believe I got lucky as i figured out when McKenzie probably would be offline, and since he didnt really think that highly off me i got a nice chunk of his troops out. But since he was twice my size he would beat me in the end. But luck played in again, as he got pissed off at me for taking his troops he told Mine!'s leader, Hells Toy Master, which proceeded to send me some fakes to lay off. I must admit at this point I went; "So much for this world", and figured I could as well talk to the guy, after chatting some back and forth I got invited into Mine!.
The time in Mine!:

In Mine! I felt how a proper tribe should be ran through the early stages, and I merged into IrritatedMammal. After some time dominating the K and acting like we were something the Smexc war started, they had numbers and points up at us. And alot of people just went inactive straight off the bat. The war didnt last long, and ended up with like 4 people fighting for the tribe. Mainly HTM sitting everyone it seemed. He was welcome to join Smexc, but none of the rest of us were to any interest to them. HTM refused to leave at least those who fought in the war behind, so he managed to get our core in and eventually force me and mammal in there as well.

Time in Smexc:

Seemed like a decent tribe, pretty big and well on the rankings. Had some respect across the borders. Our real challenge came when Spam went on us, at that point our biggest player went inactive not giving us any info around it, at least not to us little guys, and to my knowledge never returned. (Light it up). Zombiekillers our tribe leader spent more time on the forums then in-game i believe and after some time went left the world again. So ones again it was up to HTM to save our asses and get us into Spam. I dont think i was welcome into Spam, since we were one of the smallest players in Smexc as well. But due to the contributing on the sniping front i believe HTM managed to persuade Spam to give us a shot.

Time in Spam:
In Spam I merged into Orourke368 with save and mammal. Mammal had to quit due to RL stuff. So it was basically me and Save. And i thought i was good when it came to sniping from w26, but i have to give it to Save on this one. That man is a god. Where as i sniped in 2 sets of support he would add another 5-6 to it, and yes a total show off
:icon_sad:. We started expanding and munching NADs, which had no connections to Calm. whatsoever, or was connected to them all over the place, if it suited them or not. Went completely fine, had a good feast on them. Then the war with Calm. started and suddenly NADs mobilized and started attacking. They're skill level was pretty low, but had decent leaders and they did as they were told. After some time Save had to leave to take care of his family, blessed be, and I was left alone on the account. Went fine for some time though it pretty much kept me occupied 24/7 for 3 weeks before I started to lose vills. Main reason was some inactive letting Calm. get to us from behind and munching undefended vills that supported our fronts. After that i got fed up by it all, and i bled vills all over the place. From not losing a single vill in months i believe i lost 1 mill points until DA stepped up and helped me through it, we got Ryan into the account as well, and thanks to those two it took about a 3-4 days to get the account back and running again. And now we are up were we used to be pointwise, and i believe i have learned a lot from this. I have incredible amount of respect to everyone in my tribe, but Ashoka1 gets the award. Playing pretty much alone, having a huge front and still going strong. Incredible guy. I also have to thank HTM for being were i am right now, if not for those guys I would have ended this world at about 3k points.

Probably forgotten a lot which should be in there, but i have the memory of a goldfish and im norwegian. So im excused. Thanks for reading.

DeletedUser

I dont think i was welcome into Spam, since we were one of the smallest players in Smexc as well. But due to the contributing on the sniping front i believe HTM managed to persuade Spam to give us a shot.

Points don't win wars, heart, and dedication do. I used to have a half a dozen people who couldn't be arsed to grow their accounts, and lazed around mostly for the social aspect, but when someone needed a sit, or some sniping, they'd step up and take it over. You can never judge a book by it's cover!

DeletedUser

I <3 grah :icon_wink:

Beginning in BOOZE:

Started out in BOOZE, your average MRT with only a few half decent players. While in BOOZE i met a good friend named Woj6666. We worked well together and decide to stick together for the remainder of the world. We realized pretty quick that BOOZE wasn't going anywhere as a tribe and decided to join [?]

Early game in [?]:
Woj6666 and I made the move to [?] and we were much happier, the tribe was well organized in the beginning and most of the tribe had pretty good experience. The tribes first big war was against SmexC and things started pretty even. A few of our bigger players (Joey252 & Mr. Stalk) decided to jump ship early and joined SmexC. I'm not one to jump ship out of fear of fighting and was going to stay to fight along side my friends in [?]. Things went down hill after that, several players/leaders went inactive. I decided it was time to move on and spoke to leaders in SmexC about recruitment. The leaders liked my previous experience and what I had done in this world so far. I was then offered an invite to SmexC.

Early game in SmexC:
My arrival in SmexC was not a welcome one lol. It seems my former coplayers Joey252 & Mr Stalk thought I was their food and they had planned on "eating right through me" :icon_razz:. I eventually won them over with my awesome skills lol. After walking through several tribes the leaders in SmexC started becoming extremely overconfident and thought they could walk through every tribe the way they had been. After we declared on 7SF we gained an additional enemy to our north named SPAM :icon_eek:. This war exposed a lot about several members of our tribe. Light It Up, Joey252 and Zombiekiller all went inactive and SPAM were eating their villages with ease. We were left with no leader so HTM stepped up and took over as duke. HTM organized invites to either SPAM or Calm. depending on where each player wanted to go. HTM recommended each solo player to merge with another solo player to make stronger coplayed accounts. I decided SPAM was the stronger tribe out of the two and decided to join SPAM.

Midgame in SPAM.
Mammal and I merged to make the account stronger since I had been playing solo this world (and later picking up Ryan). As grah said we were easily eating through NADs mostly on our own. Things were going well on the account and RL family stuff started to get busy w/ my work & kids sports/school events. I talked w/ both grah and ryan and told them i'd be leaving the account very soon due to RL. A day or so after saying that Calm. decided to help their academy tribe NADs out and began attacking SPAM. Having a huge front w/ NADs & Calm. I knew I couldn't leave the account like I had been planning. The account held very strong w/ minimal losses while having a minimum of 5k incomings for at least a month. After about a month the incomings stopped comings and we were under 1k incomings with no nobles incoming. I decided it was time to step away from the account knowing i was leaving it in good hands w/ grah and ryan. Shortly after leaving the account ryan had some RL stuff that took him away from the game and grah was left running the account on his own. Dylan stepped up and help grah stabilize the account and things are headed back in the right direction & i'm even back in a more limited capacity now though :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Dylan I loved the little history you gave of SPAM. Only thing about it I didn't like, was it seemed like you downplayed the recruitment of myself and the other sexy SmexC players :p

The fact that SPAM acquired what was is now rank 1, 4 and 5 players is a pretty big deal IMO. You made a bigger deal about that 1 man tribe with that noob lmavor in it :icon_rolleyes:

<3 You Dylan

Taylor

P.S. I'll do my personal history later when I get home.

DeletedUser

Dylan I loved the little history you gave of SPAM. Only thing about it I didn't like, was it seemed like you downplayed the recruitment of myself and the other sexy SmexC players :p

The fact that SPAM acquired what was is now rank 1, 4 and 5 players is a pretty big deal IMO. You made a bigger deal about that 1 man tribe with that noob lmavor in it :icon_rolleyes:

<3 You Dylan

Taylor

was going to cover the mergers in later chapter, but not really made a big deal out of the mergers. Said they happened for the most part and what effect they had if any (not going into much detail). I only even mentioned louises 1 man tribe because if I didnt mention it, it wouldnt have mattered. The -RLS-, Error and SmexC merges will go down as probably three of the most successful and world changing mergers in W60 by contrast.

DeletedUser

<3 You Dylan

Taylor

Suck my nuts asswipe :p

DeletedUser

Fair enough Dylan. Really not a big deal, just messing around ;)

My History:

I joined on December 22nd, 2011, just 3 days before Christmas. School was out, I had decided to stay away from this addicting game and hadn't played in over a year. However, I fell to temptation due to boredom from Christmas break, really was just sitting around watching movies and playing xbox. It does get old!

As I said, it had been over a year since my last TWs action. My previous TWs experience being W49 and 54. On W49 I reached rank 80 on my own account, I think, and then moved to the rank 3 account in the world to co play. On that account (F1reF0x) I co played Jon, and astoundingly good player, who although it was his first ever TW world, he reached rank 3 without a Co player! He was kind of a gaming freak, but a really nice guy. He decided it would be is one and only world I guess, and wanted to rub off his experience off on a noob. He let me on the account and taught me much of what he new. On W54 I had moderate success on my own, and believe I would have been very successful there if I hadnt quit.

Anyways, the purpose of this "pointless writing" is not to tell you of my past experiences, but of my W60 experience. My point was: I was a noob) I was taught and could hold my own in the game, but was still far from a superstar) I quit for over a year) And was back on December 22nd, and was basically starting fresh from square 1 in term of my TWs experience. I joined about a month late to the world, but I was determined not to let it stop me. I started reading old guides again, and relearned all of what I knew before in no time flat. The only thing I could remember at the start of the world was (1) My need for opera (2) And how to send a T train.

About 2 weeks into my joining, I had joined a couple MRT rim tribes. Even through my noobiness I could see that I was not going to make it in these tribes. I then decided to create my own, BMF. Our top rank was 17 with 2mil points. Looking back we had some decent players in that tribe, although we lost a few good ones to RL. Most notably we had MerkedOhFive and vortexgogeta, who both co played dfcaseykevin. I thing Merked still does co play there (I know casey's co players well but can't remember what accounts they came from!) Others were legdenno, dfak1m (Co'd Me for a couple months), and -XeLa-. We had other good ones aswell but they didnt stick around. Had some good times with them.

After some time, BMF shared K67 with [?] - Orourke368's tribe! - and I believe we had rank 1 in K68. But the impending doom was obvious. We did not have the strength to take SOV, who were the top dog of the SE at rank 5, 5 million points. Many good players had a home in SOV, such has dfcaseykevin and xinn who both joined SPAM when SmexC merged with them, among others. Out of despairity, I contacted Hells Toy Master, duke of Mine! to see if they'd be interested in a merge with Be My Farm! (BMF). I got turned down. Soon after this SOV disbanded and a new power took their spot: SmexC.

I used this new tribe and new leaders to my advantage. I got in a skype chat with Rob (Zombie Killers) and Steve (Light it Up). I convinced them that BMF had some skill and it would be beneficial for the both of us if we merged. I ended up convincing them to give me, and 7 of my members spots in SmexC. After that life fell into place under the SmexC banner. We picked up a few recruits from [?] (Save and Grah touched on this) and then steam rolled the rest of [?]. With much debate, we later invited orourke368 and 1 other player from [?]. Many members were upset with this. But as it turned out, we picked up a damn good account.

I soon merged my account with TjHooker. I was about 300k on my theman1000 account and Tj was 400-500k (rank 80). I hoped to join some good players on the account but immediately one of them quit. The other player stuck around for another few weeks and continued to brag about "how well his account was going'" on skype. Over a 2 month period I honestly believe he played for 3 or 4 hours in all. Finally I changed pw on him and took over for good. He never complained, never even once messaged me! Havent heard from him still. lol

I've had a few other co players pass through, Ryan and Dave stuck for awhile, Paul a co sent to me by HTM was a great co who played with me for 3-4 months. Longest a co has stuck with me this world. RL has gotten in the way and he cant play anymore. It's not that I'm not a nice co, people just get busy! This account has been with only 1 player (me ofc) since mid-August when Paul left. I'm fine with all of W60 knowing it. It's to late to stop me now.

My memory is a little fuzzy with this last part, so excuse me if I'm wrong. SmexC started war with SLAP. SLAP shortly disbanded due to a few reasons (I dont think SmexC was the reason) and we picked up a few players, namely RP, Nitto, Gorrillaz, bloodstaar and Spunky. War with 7sf, SLAPs replacement started. This was a fun war. We launched nuke after nuke, train after train at xharris. He defended very well. It was a fun war while it lasted, and as pretty even although I can't remember what the stats were like exactly. Soon though SmexC took a big blow. SPAM broke our NAP with them in the north and started attacking. They knocked out K37 with relative ease. And at this point things in SmexC were dead. All of our best players were away from the front, we had terrible leadership, who on top of that were inactive. Our situation was remarkable similar to what Calm.'s is now! I believe SmexC's mistake was our terrible diplomacy and recruitment.

Our northen members who were destroyed were ex-/// recruits, who instead of eating, we recruited. (facepalm) Looking back I didnt see this at the time, but it was one of the worse moves I have seen. These inactive recruits destroyed morale in SmexC and caused other players to quit when SPAM rimmed them so easily.

Diplomacy was our other problem. A stronger NAP should have been made with SPAM (Duh, easy to say now!) but I think our leaders underestimated SPAM. When the NAP was removed there was no D in K37, every thing was disorganized, no one was planning support/OPs or a counter move against SPAM.

Just looking back, SmexC had some great skill. I mean look, the rank 1, 4, and 5 players were in that tribe! All we were missing was a leader (Like Dylan). HTM came in and was appointed duke (I think he appointed himself but at that point no one was objecting!). Poo and the rest of team HTM cleaned up the mess. Our war with SPAM and 7sf was ended. And internalling began. From this internaling 4 players benefited greatly, HTM, TjHooker, Defcaseykevin, and Orourke. We became what we called the super accounts. Spunky and Co left for Calm. This pissed the rest of us off greatly. I think all of us originally wanted to join Calm. We were "Allies" with them, and they were the #2 tribe. When they recruited our members right as the war with 7sf/SPAM wound down, we were seriously pissed. But in our weakened state we could do nothing about it but whine, so we did nothing. Instead we hatched a plan to join SPAM once we were ready, and take revenge against Calm.

Calm, I genuinely believe all of SmexC would have joined you guys, truthfully I did atleast. I'm pretty sure everyone else wanted to go to Calm aswell, only one I'm not sure about was HTM, he remained quitely behind the scenes, just waiting. Once you guys pulled this stunt (not sure who was duke of Calm. at this time, Aidan maybe?) SmexC wanted nothing to do with you.

We decided to join our previous enemies instead of you guys. Before we moved to SPAM I had skype chats with Aidan and Tom/GreFunky about joining Calm. I politely turned them down, know an invite from SPAM was less than a week away, and I had long decided never to fight under the Calm. banner. At that point, I'd have rather die with another tribe then win with Calm.

We were recruited into SPAM. It was good to be in an active tribe again, and get down to business. We OPed -=cyclops=- and -XeLa- who had joined NADs (ironically they were both ex-BMF members!) We sent both to the rim. I'm surprised to see -XeLa- stuck around and now has 2mil points in far off K's. War was started with NADs. The "Super Crew" (HTM, Tj, Casey, orourke) mowed down NADs. Stats were heavily in our favor. By the time the war was over I had amassed 169 caps and 9 losses.

On Aug. 28th the "Skirmish" with Calm. started. I immediately received incomings and within a week I had 10k incomings. Throughout the war I have been over 1k incomings at almost every point. I went through 1 OP, lost 20 villages of so to Fifth Element Choice and Ventrilous, but that was only after 1000 nukes had it my 80 village forward cluster in K66. I'm not as good of a defender as these other guys in SPAM, but I feel like I did well enough, especially considering I had no sitters or co players to help. Oh yeah, cluster in K66 now is 179 villages, and reaches up into K56 - A continent I wasnt in a little over a month ago.

OPs are going well, we are now taking K66 from Calm. after a successful campaign in K56. I've been more than happy to fight for SPAM. Although I would have liked to have done better with SmexC, I'm not in a tribe full of great players and even better people. The Calm. war has been a blast. So please Calm., do not stop fighting yet, keep fighting. Its more fun that way.

I can't wait to take my skills into the next world, which I think will be W67. I might give leading a shot and create a new BMF, if Dylan doesnt want to re create SPAM that is. Would anyone be interested in joining a premade with me in the lead? I know its early advertising :p

This turned into a long essay about myself. As I was writing a kept remembering things and just wrote them down. This is just a brief summary of what has gone on for me in the last year, So much has happened! I've learned so much. The cool thing about TWs is your constantly learning new things and becoming a better player all the time.

Taylor
TjHooker - SPAM

DeletedUser

My History:

Early Game:
I joined a small group of k46 players called aliveL early game. They were lead by a player by the name of e.sports-united, we quickly dominated k46 but then someone way up in head office decided it was a good idea to recruit the k56 tribe known as OotBr and a fraction of the Arcane players. This became Laperf -_-.

Mid-Game: Laperf quickly became SLAP once some leadership became inactive and a merge with PHX was being discussed do to SPAM growing so strong in the north and SmexC growing in the east. We shortly became PHNX, biggest mistake I made in this world was joining a tribe that would soon lead me to be in poor standings with the surrounding tribes.

Mid-Game pt.2: After a short while in PHNX, and Caswellon's stupidity, SmexC and PHNX declared war on eachother by breaching the NAP if I do recall, PHNX never stood a chance, about a month into that war, PHNX disbanded and most joined 7SF, others went to SmexC for the upcoming war that was bound to be (Facepalm). As you can obviously tell from my tribe changes, I didn't want any part in being in 7SF, so I would occasionally leave and re-join when I felt like it. Once SmexC declared on 7SF, I knew they were done for, and as much as ZK denies it, I was then asked to join SmexC, that proposal was quickly shot down as despite what many of you probably think, no matter what tribe, my loyalties lie with my friends. I grew tired of 7SF's crap leadership and futile attempts at opperations on SmexC players so when our "allies" valour jumped in, I decided that there was some talent worth saving amongst 7sf so togeather with ampac, we formed Error.

Late Game: Error struggled for a few weeks due to us being a 7sf breakoff, and were basically doing everything we could to secure diplomacy with all tribes in our surrounding area. We kicked the members who failed to grow and I believe in the end were left with 25 live accounts. The one thing standing in our way was Valour, with sp.ag and his whining about our players being to close to Valour, we had to make a select few sacrifices, those of who I saw no future for. And thats when we proposed a merge to Dylan

Late Game pt.2:
Dylan accepted and about 4 weeks after the merge was accepted, we were SPAM members along with half of Poo (SmexC). Things have gone well so far, even the calm. war is hilariously easy, although they crushed valour (giggle) but theres no wonder there is there ;).

Anyways thanks for reading folks!

-Boxing Kangaroo
W60-Proud SPAM member

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My History.

I just nobled barbs and want to fight everybody..

The End!

Nice read btw, good job guys

DeletedUser

Tons of I, I, I in that Error bit, Mason.

Don't forget Don, Maker, and I. ;)

ashoka1

I have incredible amount of respect to everyone in my tribe, but Ashoka1 gets the award. Playing pretty much alone, having a huge front and still going strong.

I was never alone...entire spam was /is with me...

DeletedUser

I was never alone...entire spam was /is with me...

As we should, but you still had to invest a lot of time into the game over a long duration. Seen many go inactive after half the time you spent being the front man.

And TJ, nice read, but i actually never intended to join Calm. Me and Save discussed this and we didnt really care where we ended up. We just decided to follow where HTM went, considering we look to him as the proper "leader" of smexc

ashoka1

As we should, but you still had to invest a lot of time into the game over a long duration. Seen many go inactive after half the time you spent being the front man.

well life is not about quitting when one is down....

it's about fighting back...quit only on your own terms when one wants to...