Points are not everything

DeletedUser82025

I want to know opinions on the top 20 players and tribes by ODA rating. Points are not everything you know?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Points and ODA both mean nothing this early. What you should be looking at currently is spread, expandability (like spandex) and player line ups. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser3397

Points the first day or two means nothing, but after BP, points means you're growing. In most cases, rapid growth in points means these guys are farming a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or just spending all their resources on pit levels. :lol:

ODA, doesn't mean a whole lot either, other than you can kill troops. That doesn't tell you if they were flinging troops around needlessly OD whoring, or if they were actually using their troops in a wise, efficient manner.

DeletedUser

At this stage, points mean you're active, OD means you have (or in majority of cases, had) troops... Its quite early to judge really.. once the nobles come out and wars start.. then we can start judging..

DeletedUser

The speed is to slow in this world, im going to die on the building time of my academy and level 20 smithy :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

You can't minewhore your way into the top 20, you'd know that if you'd ever been there you ignorant oaf.

Quote me where I said you could, Naz.

Jesus, have you ever learned to read properly?

Nauzhror

Quote me where I said you could, Naz.

Jesus, have you ever learned to read properly?

The first post was about the top 20, you then quoted someone talking about rapid growth. Players with 'rapid growth' are typically those in the top 20. (Hell, rank 1 often laps rank 20 about this stage already so not even everyone in the top 20 would fit my definition of having rapid growth, let alone people outside of it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Following the flow of the conversation, its easy to see how he thought you said that.

/facepalm

First off, here is the op in it's entirety:

I want to know opinions on the top 20 players and tribes by ODA rating. Points are not everything you know?

Therefore, that already sets the tone that this thread is not about the top 20 players in points, correct?

Now, considering this isn't a top 20 points thread, then why, if he had read things in their entirety and understood them as written, would he assume, since I did not specifically say top 20 anything in my post, that I would be referring to the top 20 players in points?

DeletedUser

The first post was about the top 20, you then quoted someone talking about rapid growth. Players with 'rapid growth' are typically those in the top 20. (Hell, rank 1 often laps rank 20 about this stage already so not even everyone in the top 20 would fit my definition of having rapid growth, let alone people outside of it.

And, one more time. The original post, if you had bothered to read it in its entirety, is:

So, thank you for proving my point that you suffer from a severe lack of reading comprehension.

But, onto your point. Players can experience rapid growth both inside and outside the top twenty, since rapid growth is not dependent on how other people are doing, but how the individual is growing, true?

pwnyslaystation

Oh, right... My apologies, obviously you meant to say that spending all your resources on pit levels would net you a top 20 ODA spot?

Because, see, top 20 ODA is what this thread is about.

DeletedUser

Oh, right... My apologies, obviously you meant to say that spending all your resources on pit levels would net you a top 20 ODA spot?

Because, see, top 20 ODA is what this thread is about.

:icon_rolleyes:

Yeah, clearly that is exactly what I said.

DeletedUser

I think that quite a few players in the top 20 are very good. But I also believe that there are better players not in the top 20.

Every player has his own signature startup. Sometimes it doesn't work on the worlds settings.

Nauzhror

Every player has his own signature startup. Sometimes it doesn't work on the worlds settings.

Mmm, the truly good players don't have 'a' startup, they customize their strategy to the world's settings ensuring they do well on just about any settings. They might still have a slow start due to poor areas during BP, but they'll hit top 20 within a few days of it ending regardless if they are good.

DeletedUser

Mmm, the truly good players don't have 'a' startup, they customize their strategy to the world's settings ensuring they do well on just about any settings. They might still have a slow start due to poor areas during BP, but they'll hit top 20 within a few days of it ending regardless if they are good.

thats what i had do on this world rather than follow a guide. my strategy was lc rush :)