29f5nh0.png

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjg.png

sadrobot.png

roboticmouseinfiltratorcopy.png

Good luck!

DeletedUser81336

I can't really say I'm impressed by any of these tags. :\

DeletedUser

I'm curious what numbers 1 and 3 have to do with technology? Its a bit broad and pointless just to be able to point to any machine and call it technology. For that matter people could have done an axe which was more technologically advanced than a rock. :|

The skill is defiantly there in number one however whats the point of having themes if people don't stick to them.

DeletedUser

I am amazed by #1 :p Rest are meh. Idk, I think a stereo reminds me of technology as much as an apple logo...

DeletedUser

I think we need to see the stock of no.1 ... I'm going to guess most of it is all stock.
The top pinkish ring has sky in the middle where it hasn't been rendered out and again to the left of his elbow.

And if I'm right, then not as much work has gone into it as is being credited.

DeletedUser55786

I'm curious what numbers 1 and 3 have to do with technology? Its a bit broad and pointless just to be able to point to any machine and call it technology. For that matter people could have done an axe which was more technologically advanced than a rock. :|

The skill is defiantly there in number one however whats the point of having themes if people don't stick to them.

the definition of technology? :p
technology |tekˈnäləjē|
noun ( pl. technologies )
the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, esp. in industry: advances in computer technology | recycling technologies.
• machinery and equipment developed from such scientific knowledge.
• the branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences.

So by that definition taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, all of the entries are valid :)

My vote went to number 1 as it is the best by far, all the others are no where near the same standard

DeletedUser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't disagree that the person who made it did well (I voted for it), but would it not have been better to send the stock through syntex and not break anonymity?
That was all that my facepalm was representing.

DeletedUser

Phil made me see your reasoning :D and yes I would agree, according to rules it should be disqualified ... not that anonymity has ever really been followed too much. Also to be fair, he had 90% of all votes before posting the stock anyway.

DeletedUser

No I don't think he should be DQ'd, I just think there was a better way to go about showing the stock. :p

DeletedUser

I agree with you :)

Jalwis, you should also consider what you want the next theme to be, so we can keep this whole process smooth and go from voting to discussion thread straight away.

DeletedUser

the definition of technology? :p
technology |tekˈnäləjē|
noun ( pl. technologies )
the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, esp. in industry: advances in computer technology | recycling technologies.
• machinery and equipment developed from such scientific knowledge.
• the branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences.

So by that definition taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, all of the entries are valid :)

My vote went to number 1 as it is the best by far, all the others are no where near the same standard
No need to be cute- I said in my own quote that you could justify basically anything as being "technology" based on the time or advancement one was relating it to. However when running these contests a stricter focus should be upheld. I have no problem with a boombox which was modern technology 25 years ago being used in a signature in a very liberal interpretation , but then two below it is a phonograph. Again could technically be argued as an advancement of some sort based on the relative time period. At the same time you might as well have called this freestyle rather than having a themed signature. I just imagine a more focused group of sigs.

1. Boombox - Modern Tech - 25 years ago
2. Human Body Mapping - Modern Tech - 30 years ago
3. Phonograph - Modern Tech - 150 years ago
4. Circut Board? - Modern Tech - 50? years ago
5. Apple - Company that uses tech, creates tech? Just like about every other company on the planet
6. Robot - Modern Tech in the last 30 years?
7. Unsure what that is

Nobody said this had to be modern but again - I think there should be a little more strict guidelines on a topic otherwise just call it freestyle with a hint of tech

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102804

I agree with you :)

Jalwis, you should also consider what you want the next theme to be, so we can keep this whole process smooth and go from voting to discussion thread straight away.

I'll keep that in mind.

I really dislike the anonymity in this, BTW. Nobody should be voting because it's made by a certain person, but by how it looks.

DeletedUser

I just imagine a more focused group of sigs.

So what you would like to see is 10 very similar signatures, with no artist interpretation and with very strict guidelines about what they can include ? Sounds like a great idea for a design competition ... notice the sarcasm.

DeletedUser

So what you would like to see is 10 very similar signatures, with no artist interpretation and with very strict guidelines about what they can include ? Sounds like a great idea for a design competition ... notice the sarcasm.

:icon_neutral: No where in my post did i either blatantly or subtly ask for 10 alike signatures. Simply put, there should be a stricter guideline for what is acceptable work based on a theme. You yourself do graphic design if i'm not mistaken. If you were asked to turn in work that had a theme of technology and you turned in a piece containing a chariot and a driver holding a sword you would 99 times out of 100 have missed your mark. Could you argue that it is still technology, of course you could but in a education or business environment you would have been laughed at and told you did not complete the assignment as given, fired, failed, or possibly tortured.

Never once did i not say the work in the first sig was not fantastic - I do think sigs 2,4,5,6 and if 7 is a robotic dog fit the theme whereas 1 is a stretch and 3 is outdated by a century

So in your attempt at a sarcastic reply you completely missed the point of what was said.

DeletedUser

:icon_neutral: No where in my post did i either blatantly or subtly ask for 10 alike signatures. Simply put, there should be a stricter guideline for what is acceptable work based on a theme. You yourself do graphic design if i'm not mistaken. If you were asked to turn in work that had a theme of technology and you turned in a piece containing a chariot and a driver holding a sword you would 99 times out of 100 have missed your mark. Could you argue that it is still technology, of course you could but in a education or business environment you would have been laughed at and told you did not complete the assignment as given, fired, failed, or possibly tortured.

Never once did i not say the work in the first sig was not fantastic - I do think sigs 2,4,5,6 and if 7 is a robotic dog fit the theme whereas 1 is a stretch and 3 is outdated by a century

So in your attempt at a sarcastic reply you completely missed the point of what was said.

I have to agree 100% with the bolded part... Technology is such a broad statement that can be broken down into so many sub-themes. The first one is good, from how he got there>the original image.. But it's only technology because of what he's holding? There's no emphasis on technology in the first one.. or 3rd for that matter.

DeletedUser102804

We can argue what is and what isn't technology for days on here, but the fact of the matter is that one person may interpret technology differently than another person. I find the stereo in #1 to be a prime example of technology; the stereo had been the source of music for years, and every person still probably owns one, especially in their vehicles. Not everyone owns a robot, or spends their time looking at computer chips and the Apple logo. The stereo is by far the most widely known piece of technology up there, as far as I'm concerned.