Problems in the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarodtheterrible

I am sorry. I always do it :[

keep yellin at me, i will than remember to stop.
if you yell at me, i will not be offensed.

:D

DeletedUser5813

When you think about it though chrome does have a point, because I have been playing this game so long I tend to just ignore the poor posts.

I have been called a noob even after playing for 3 years I just laugh at them, the forums here are pretty much for the forum addicted players which is why I dont post as much on here.

Think about how often the name n00b gets put on the externals and ingame, I bet we would be billionaires if we had a dollar for everytime it was said.

Its a good idea chrome but after 4 years in the game, I know it will never happen unless the hierarchy decide to get people to change and then the forums would more than likely be a ghost town lol.

DeletedUser88697

Censorship is almost always a bad idea. It makes people want to say it more. Seriously, the words "noob" and "fail" are incredibly common on the internet. They're just words and silly ones at that. They don't mean a great deal. If you're going to be insulted at these two words then what happens where you start hearing the really crude jokes and vulgar stuff. By the way, that's all over the internet. Just check the most frequently searched terms on any given day. You're bound to be surprised. "Noob" and "fail" are nowhere near that point. Calling someone a noob on the net has about the same effect of calling them a dude, so just chill out and enjoy. You might learn something.

A good way to think of a website, a game, or any community on the internet is to view it as a totally different culture. The net is truly international and a game this big counts 100's of different countries among it's members. When you have that many different people put together you wind up with a melting pot of different views, lifestyles, and speech patterns. An amalgamation of everything it means to communicate as a human being. On a forum, this applies to the written word, but it can take just about any form you can think of. The thing to do, is not fight it, but learn from it. Acclimate yourself to the culture and you will eventually become a part of it.

DeletedUser

i was moved... *sighs...

let me give you a hug chrome

c'mon people... maybe he needs some hug

Status
Not open for further replies.