Promotion of Rim tribes^.^

DeletedUser

Guys I have a thought and I would like to share it with you to see your opinions(and criticisms^.^) about promotion of rim tribes in my blog.What would you like to be added while I am doing a map/war stats/interview of rim tribes which are at the lower end of the food chain?

I am of the opinion that every single player in every single tribe can jump up the food chain if they get enough support like us.For those who dont know, my tribe started with just a few amount of players.We were having about 24 members for a long time which went up to 40 and later on to 55.Still the ones who were at the core is still playing and leading.I see the same potential in every tribe.So I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.

death^.^

P.S
If players are cooperating then I would ask MKC to conduct a poll(hadn't talked to her about this yet^.^) about some common suggestion and take in the best

DeletedUser

Encouraging the rim tribes to participate on the externals is always good.

Everyone puts so much emphasis on the core tribe. What people tend to forget is that The rim is usually where the world's biggest tribes come from. Look at the top 5 tribes in W48. SubV started out sort of core, if I remember right. EB-GBs is an inner rim tribe. !UN! started out in K43, which is outer core. Quay is a merge of a K42 and a K32 tribe, which puts them on the inner rim. Finally Meow/Scouts/Poke/Pink!/SYN/Whatever they change their tag to next week started out in K24, which is mid to inner rim. So, the top five in W48 are dominated by Rim tribes.

No, admittedly, it is easy to find crap tribes on the rim as well. But a careful examination of stats, both tribal and player, can reveal to you the tribes with promise. Including them and letting them know you are including them might get them to read/comment here, which is always a good thing.

DeletedUser91488

its always the way that the spotlight is only ever on the core tribes due to their size and world rankings, there are alot of posts about 'this tribe' at war with 'that one' etc and yet these wars tend to blow themselves out where as down here on the rim is where the action tends to be as the higher ranked tribes expand ( or try to ) in the often seen 'easier' direction.

yes, we may not have tribe members in the top 20-30 but you will find that for us this world is very much alive and kicking and we will continue to go about our business quietly

DeletedUser

^^ agree :)

You will see there is a new rim tribe in the top 20.

Repinski

Rim tribes are always the better tribes IMO (the ones that aren't total garbage), core tribes fight and fight and fight for the core and end up killing each other and gaining nothing while the rim tribes grow to over power the rim. Just take a look at the w49 Auto updating dominance map.

topktribes.png

Dice!, Hug, and BMF are obvious rim tribes while the hyped tribes of Haze and 1/0 are currently fighting and are just laying way to be over powered.

DeletedUser

While I wouldn't call those true rim tribes - often after all the fighting one tribe comes out controlling the core and only having about 4-5 Ks. Why they may have some decent players - the tribes further out are better off.

For example, I'll cite W22. There were several core tribes - Bunny, RBE, Moon Family and Smurfs.

Smurfs collapsed relatively early into the world. Bunny ended up merging, as it only controlled 1/2 Ks and was NAPped with everyone to avoid getting owned. Moon family was full of players who couldn't play with TW and had trouble communicating and ended up falling apart and becoming a feast for the world. RBE had some very decent players - but in the end, it was to small, and was over powered by the much larger XIII.

Right now in W22 we're seeing the dominance of 4 main tribes (2 larger and 2 smaller). XXXX, $CoD$, BDeath and -3-. All of these tribes started off in K14, K78, K61 and K28 respectively (if I recall correctly). As you can see, none of these tribes were very close to the core at all - through good diplomacy and a bit of fortune, a lot of the biggest tribes here were considered rim tribes quite early into the world.

DeletedUser

Rim tribes, especially a year or more into a world, are almost always on top.

DeletedUser

Lewder im new here and you sir have never made a valid post that im aware of.....makes me wonder why no one likes you.

Hey, he's approving my message. That means it's the most valid post he's made in all of W48's forums. :lol:

DeletedUser91488

its the way of things that the rim is ignored while everyone concentrates on the core tribes as they go about trying to joust eachother for dominance, all the while us rim tribes grow, until suddenly a core tribe will take notice and then we are overpowered with proposals of alliance lol

its nice to be wanted !
or maybe it's a simple case of protecting themselves from a 2 front war lol :lol:

either way, i much prefer the rim than the core

DeletedUser

And Brian would know, since he plays(still, right?) in W22, the only place you ever possibly made a valid point. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

and even in w22 they are not all to valid. Just his opinion of how things are going.

DeletedUser

Rim tribes are always the better tribes IMO (the ones that aren't total garbage), core tribes fight and fight and fight for the core and end up killing each other and gaining nothing while the rim tribes grow to over power the rim. Just take a look at the w49 Auto updating dominance map.

Dice!, Hug, and BMF are obvious rim tribes while the hyped tribes of Haze and 1/0 are currently fighting and are just laying way to be over powered.

I would say outer core and semi-rim tribes have the predominance in every world because the competition is less and you can grow freely without other tribes preying on you. As for W49, Hug! has been here from the start - a few merges here and there (for which we got flamed left and right and still getting) a few recruitments to keep the member list active made Hug! the #1 tribe. We didn't fight a lot like 1/0, but the latter got gangbanged. BMF has been here from the start too and they have solidly yet quietly climbed their way up the ranks. Dice! is a recent creation.

If I were to promote some tribes, it would be SV-K51 or X X etc. But its obvious you need a part of the rim to become a good superpower (check AXES in W41). Core wars just stunt your growth and hand you more inactives and no one wants to be engaged in fights month after month.

That's just my opinion though and it can be debated.

Last edited by a moderator: