Promotion of Rim tribes^.^

DeletedUser

Look at the dominance map.

Core tribes are the ones right in the middle of the map; when the world starts, players spawn all clustered together in the centre of the map and as the world progresses, people spawn further out.

Generally, rim tribes are the ones near the edge of the map, around the circumference of the circle.

DeletedUser

What is a rim tribe and a core tribe?

First you have to know what is the rim and what is the core. Once you know that, then knowing what a rim tribe and what a core tribe is becomes quite obvious.

However, Heldias summed it up pretty well.

DeletedUser

Note that the definition is different. As a rough guide, I created my own map to help people interpret the different regions. Note I break it down beyond 'core' and 'rim'.

[spoil]
MapofContinents.jpg
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Lewder, I would actually disagree with your map, somewhat. However, I cba to pot my own right now.

DeletedUser

Do it now :D

On a side note, the middle area is something to make it non-definite. There is no set distance from 500|500 which defines whether you are in the core or in the rim.

DeletedUser

I do not approve of the blockish-ness. Players arrive on the scene in a circle, thus I think the 'areas' should reflect this. I'm not in love with Lewder's map but I think it is a better attempt with, dare I say it, more thought put into it than yours. I'll try make one tomorrow.

DeletedUser

I do not approve of the blockish-ness. Players arrive on the scene in a circle, thus I think the 'areas' should reflect this. I'm not in love with Lewder's map but I think it is a better attempt with, dare I say it, more thought put into it than yours. I'll try make one tomorrow.

Aye, it's hard to reconcile circles with squares. However, the extension of his is basically what I do not agree with. The inner rim area does not extend all the way out to the edges of the world, otherwise it wouldn't be inner rim.

Repinski

I'm going to have to go with pyker's map. With a fully developed world (like w12 or w24) even with the initial expanding being circle, it turns into a square. Making Pkyer's the most accurate IMO.

DeletedUser

I'm working on reconciling it with the circular aspect. However, it's a pain in the ass because I only use paint, and I have other crap to do.

So far, I don't really like how it is coming out either, but I will post it when it is done anyway.

DeletedUser

CoretoOuterRim.jpg

My attempt, yes I stole pyker's format, yes I'm lazy. Ty.

DeletedUser

I'm going to have to go with pyker's map. With a fully developed world (like w12 or w24) even with the initial expanding being circle, it turns into a square. Making Pkyer's the most accurate IMO.

Though the circular development in regards to people's accounts growing will have still occurred. There will be larger players in K41 compared to K11. The world looks like a square, it hasn't developed like a square though.

DeletedUser

Ok, and this was my problem with Lewder's map, and even with Mz. Ivan's remake of my first one. How can you have something called the middle be on the outer edge? :lol:

So, in lieu of that, I reconciled my square map with the circular nature of world growth:

WorldAreascirc.jpg

Repinski

Love the map Pyker and I agree with it. But one question... BFE?

DeletedUser

Ok, and this was my problem with Lewder's map, and even with Mz. Ivan's remake of my first one. How can you have something called the middle be on the outer edge? :lol:

So, in lieu of that, I reconciled my square map with the circular nature of world growth:

WorldAreascirc.jpg

That's probably the best defined map in regards to growth, because K2 isn't ultra rim and K3 just 'rim'.

I must say, I like your map, you could have always made the grid, made the circles over it, then re-add the grid? ^_^

seigneurdemort

Love the map Pyker and I agree with it. But one question... BFE?

BFE essentially means the middle of nowhere. Look it up on Urbandictionary if you want the literal translation...I'd rather not get another infraction lol

Repinski

Pyker told me in private but thanks ^^ I know the "Butt *Beep* Egypt" saying but It didn't click for the abbreviation.

seigneurdemort

Pyker told me in private but thanks ^^ I know the "Butt *Beep* Egypt" saying but It didn't click for the abbreviation.

Yea I figured so much. It took me a few seconds to catch on myself lol