PuFFiN+SRWS merge

DeletedUser

this type of a merger happened in w3...where a tribe grignr merged with a few other tribes that were likewise in the top 20 at the time... grignr rose to the number 1 ranking and declared war on the cult family.... about 2 months later and grignr is ranked #5, and have lost 13 accounts in those 2 months. the #2 ranked player in the game also in grignr, has lost over 50% of his villages in that same time frame (considering he was over 7 mill points that is a lot of villages to lose, roughly equates to a loss of over 350 villages in that time period)... there are some serious problems to this type of a merger as grignr are now witnessing in W3...

those problems:
1. Not quick enough support for your players when being attacked.
2. Too far apart for successful operations against specific players.
3. prone to players leaving more often as they do not have a local play group in their vacinity.

so in all honesty on paper this looks good, but in reality, those tribes get spanked when they go into a war with another top 5-10 tribe as they do not have the support basis to assist their members.... Cult took twice as many villages as grignr in the first 48 hours after grignr declared war on cult...one of the very first times in this world where a major war has had the defenders doubling the agressors in the first 48 hours... woudl this same trend repeat here? I think it very likely if these two tribes were silly enough to do this sort of a merger...

just my thoughts on the matter, having seen a prime example of it in another world.

kreger

DeletedUser

this type of a merger happened in w3...where a tribe grignr merged with a few other tribes that were likewise in the top 20 at the time... grignr rose to the number 1 ranking and declared war on the cult family.... about 2 months later and grignr is ranked #5, and have lost 13 accounts in those 2 months. the #2 ranked player in the game also in grignr, has lost over 50% of his villages in that same time frame (considering he was over 7 mill points that is a lot of villages to lose, roughly equates to a loss of over 350 villages in that time period)... there are some serious problems to this type of a merger as grignr are now witnessing in W3...

those problems:
3. prone to players leaving more often as they do not have a local play group in their vacinity.

so in all honesty on paper this looks good, but in reality, those tribes get spanked when they go into a war with another top 5-10 tribe as they do not have the support basis to assist their members.... Cult took twice as many villages as grignr in the first 48 hours after grignr declared war on cult...one of the very first times in this world where a major war has had the defenders doubling the agressors in the first 48 hours... woudl this same trend repeat here? I think it very likely if these two tribes were silly enough to do this sort of a merger...

just my thoughts on the matter, having seen a prime example of it in another world.

kreger

There's quite a few differences there...earlier worlds had more successful families; by the sounds of that it was much later in the world; PuFFiN and SRWS are the top 2 tribes points-wise and SRWS are top for OD - the way you described it, it sounded like a few tribes in the top 20 merging for point-ranking.

Besides, look at the war stats between PuFFiN and SST... do you really think we're amateurs? :icon_razz:

belka

What would the reaction be to such a merge?: Settings, Delete account
What would the new tribe be called?:puffiin wars
Would it be successful? - of course those tribe are pretty good o_O

DeletedUser

it seems I need to

I....don't know what to say. :icon_neutral:

Really learn to space my words lmao sorry I was talking about something that happen in off topic and SRWS Bio page its too funny

DeletedUser

those problems:

kreger

Errr, how many branches of CULT does it take to fight one war ?
Just refresh my memory :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

intersting topic, they did merge in the end
Just not the way people back then would have thought. But the good old fashion way. a village at a time

alexwong

The Fantastic Four :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mystic Conjuror - First of the Four to join SRWS. First to leave TESB. First to join Puffin.

Secale (Sandy) - Last to join Puffin. This girl is hard to date.

Proferentem - 26/02/09 joined TESB. 26/07/09 TESB disbanded. Exactly 5 months.

AlexWong - Thank you LT, Bwah and Midnight11.

DeletedUser

lol, don't thank me, I didn't do squat :p

the opportunity to play with words here is huge, but as a current non player

midnight you would be probably suprised at the amount of work you might have done
possibly just in the support of your team members, troops wise or words of support.

DeletedUser

Pirates n puffins? Who did they merge with Aaaaargh!? This is what happens when I leave this world unsupervised :p

DeletedUser98649

The Fantastic Four Three :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mystic Conjuror - First of the Four to join SRWS. First to leave TESB. First to join Puffin.-Deceased

Secale (Sandy) - Last to join Puffin. This girl is hard to date.

Proferentem - 26/02/09 joined TESB. 26/07/09 TESB disbanded. Exactly 5 months.

AlexWong - Thank you LT, Bwah and Midnight11.

Correct that to fantastic 3 now