Question: K and World Ranking Awards

DeletedUser

I was just wondering when these awards are activated? Naturally I understand it's no good them being activated now what with the ranks chopping and changing so much, I was just wondering if anyone knew because normally the award is faded out on your profile it just says "becomes avaliable" or "activated on" XX/XX date.

Sorry for another thread. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Probably send you a message from ingame of said announcement, or will just do it without any notice. o-o

DeletedUser

Nah there is always a specific date, so far into the world, that's how I've known previously but they same to not have it here this game. It will just be activated one day (no need for a TW circular), but normally you can hover over the award and it would tell you what day it becomes active.

DeletedUser

u mean the attacker of the day/defender of the day and stuff?

DeletedUser

There is that, but no I meant the K ranking, like #1 on a K, top 5 on a K, top 30 on a K, top 100 on a K.

Same for global.

.dan.101

Don't see the point in them, why do need an 'award' for being #1? You'll know if you are anyway.

DoTD/AoTD/PoTD etc. I like, mind.

DeletedUser

Don't see the point in them, why do need an 'award' for being #1? You'll know if you are anyway.

DoTD/AoTD/PoTD etc. I like, mind.

Can show your history, someone like myself might rush and do well start of the world, then get bored and slowly drift off, but at least it shows my accomplishments.

.dan.101

Can show your history, someone like myself might rush and do well start of the world, then get bored and slowly drift off, but at least it shows my accomplishments.

Yeah, great accomplishment that. Something to be real proud of.

Each to their own, like. Damn gimmicks these days, TW's full of them.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, great accomplishment that. Something to be real proud of.

I could say the same about waiting for everyone else to quit and winning by default. You know, how the winners are decided on most worlds.

As for the opening question, the awards that become activated on a certain day have not shown up or shown what day they activate on since Version 8.0.

DeletedUser

I could say the same about waiting for everyone else to quit and winning by default. You know, how the winners are decided on most worlds.

As for the opening question, the awards that become activated on a certain day have not shown up or shown what day they activate on since Version 8.0.

What Nauz said. Plus start-up requires so much more skill and if I dominate a K or the world for a short period then get bored I cans till prove it if I apply for future pre-mades.

Also thank you Nauz guess I may as well send in a ticket :p

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What Nauz said. Plus start-up requires so much more skill and if I dominate a K or the world for a short period then get bored I cans till prove it if I apply for future pre-mades.

Also thank you Nauz guess I may as well send in a ticket :p

Start-up does not require more skill than mid/late game, it requires different skills.

DeletedUser

I love this debate. Please state your case Therin :icon_smile:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Also thank you Nauz guess I may as well send in a ticket :p[/I]

No, it's not supposed to show any longer. There is nothing wrong with this world. It was a change in Version 8.0.

Start-up does not require more skill than mid/late game, it requires different skills.

I've seen more high ranked late-gamers than I can count that don't understand the basic game mechanics. Many of which reached top 20 after being rimmed 2 or 3 times on that very same world, but got top 20 eventually by being tenacious and determined to outlast everyone else.

Many don't know how rams work, or they can't split trains, can't send decent trains, etc.

Late-game certainly requires more dedication, but to argue that it requires the equivalent level of skill is only slightly less silly than arguing that it requires more skill.

Early-game supremacy requires a much greater grasp of the game's mechanics than late-game supremacy does, and end of the day knowledge of the game's mechanics is the most important skill there is.

Is being tenacious enough to outlast everyone else a good attribute? Sure, but it's just that, it's an attribute, it's not a skill.

Now, something I will most certainly agree with is that leading a successful late-game tribe requires more skill as a leader than leading a successful early-game tribe does.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12107

Different meaning staying off the radar till the top players get bored and leave, allowing everyone else to feel special?

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've seen more high ranked late-gamers than I can count that don't understand the basic game mechanics. Many of which reached top 20 after being rimmed 2 or 3 times on that very same world, but got top 20 eventually by being tenacious and determined to outlast everyone else.

Many don't know how rams work, or they can't split trains, can't send decent trains, etc.

Late-game certainly requires more dedication, but to argue that it requires the equivalent level of skill is only slightly less silly than arguing that it requires more skill.

Early-game supremacy requires a much greater grasp of the game's mechanics than late-game supremacy does, and end of the day knowledge of the game's mechanics is the most important skill there is.

Is being tenacious enough to outlast everyone else a good attribute? Sure, but it's just that, it's an attribute, it's not a skill.

Now, something I will most certainly agree with is that leading a successful late-game tribe requires more skill as a leader than leading a successful early-game tribe does.

(So it begins...)

I will grant you many of the above points - however it also depends on how late you are talking. Very late game is often filled with the dregs yes, but that's largely because everyone else has quit due to boredom. Hell, past the few mill stage gets boring in my opinion, but so is pre-nobles.

I can already tell the differences in perspective will play their part in this discussion. I for example, don't judge a player's skill on their rank or points mid-late game, but on their value as a tribemate. Start-up is a growth contest, mid-game is a fighting contest.

I dare say you would trounce me each and every time if we raced to 10k, however stick us in a head to head battle mid-game and perhaps we would see another story no?

/will continue this on skype