Question: K and World Ranking Awards

DeletedUser12107

(So it begins...)

I will grant you many of the above points - however it also depends on how late you are talking. Very late game is often filled with the dregs yes, but that's largely because everyone else has quit due to boredom. Hell, past the few mill stage gets boring in my opinion, but so is pre-nobles.

I can already tell the differences in perspective will play their part in this discussion. I for example, don't judge a player's skill on their rank or points mid-late game, but on their value as a tribemate. Start-up is a growth contest, mid-game is a fighting contest.

I dare say you would trounce me each and every time if we raced to 10k, however stick us in a head to head battle mid-game and perhaps we would see another story no?

/will continue this on skype

I agree with a lot of this, however imo and experience the time between your second village -20 villages is the hardest part of the game. This area could probably be defined as early/mid game and because of the lack of nukes/defensive villages things can be rough especially if you are ahead of the majority of other players. While this can get a lot of low lvl players to leave you alone, it will also make you a target for area tribes. Once you get to the point in the game when everyone has nobles(solid mid game) you are right, it comes down to tribe strength. But because of inactivity or rimming the tribe will be spread out. In my experience if you arent worth defending(low points, always asking for support, never giving any, etc.) then I am not going to help defend you. So I agree in the "value as a tribemate" idea, but by the time you get to 100 villages a tribemember could only have 10 or 20. You are in completely different stages of the game at this point and it again comes down to you as an individual player.

So back to what I was saying, if you stay off the radar and are in the middle of your tribe you are going to have an easier time than the rank 27th player that is going to have fight against an entire tribe by themselves(aside from a few supports here and there.

And if you didnt know, MORALE is a huge deterrent to strong players, because once you start getting 30% morale on your noble targets and losing full nukes to baddies just because they only have 2 villages you move on to the next world. Once you start getting continuous fakes from 5 tribes around you, but cant attack back because it would be a waste of time and effort, the game really loses its appeal.

.dan.101

I could say the same about waiting for everyone else to quit and winning by default. You know, how the winners are decided on most worlds.

To be fair, he said "rush" and then "get bored" before leaving. It's a gripe with something I shouldn't actually have a gripe in, because it's pointless. Something being shiny awards for pointless things.

Not going to get into the whole early-late game arguments though, they're both arguable and Therin covers everything I'd say. Much prefer mid-to-late game myself, being as though I'm as terrible a start-up player as you'll see. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

To be fair, he said "rush" and then "get bored" before leaving. It's a gripe with something I shouldn't actually have a gripe in, because it's pointless. Something being shiny awards for pointless things.

Not going to get into the whole early-late game arguments though, they're both arguable and Therin covers everything I'd say. Much prefer mid-to-late game myself, being as though I'm as terrible a start-up player as you'll see. :icon_smile:

Well I am with Nauz on this one..

Early game requires much more skill than late game to be successful as you are always short of troops, so you have to use them wisely to get better results.. also the start up player understand the game perfectly that is how they get to the top. Also a very important thing over here is to be pretty active, which is what gives you the boost.

But in late game, you need to be a much more organized player to be able to manage all those villages without spending too much time on it, which is a skill many start up players don't have as they are normally use to a small amount of villages.

from my point of view, mid stage top players covers whole Start up and late game attributes and skills.. but what is mid stage?.. I would say starting from 20 villages to 150. (top ranks) after that, boredom starts.. when all mid game wars are ended.