RAGE Disband Discussion.

DeletedUser90465

Can't wait to see Dreaded. lead in a future world and actually "Try" next time :D

Erig

Assuming that most of PTG's beef with RAGE was through Dreaded, does this mean that there is little to no more beef extended to ordinary ex-RAGE members now that he is leaving the world? Or will PTG still hold the grudge :)

kekua

Assuming that most of PTG's beef with RAGE was through Dreaded, does this mean that there is little to no more beef extended to ordinary ex-RAGE members now that he is leaving the world? Or will PTG still hold the grudge :)
Check the world map, and ask that again...:D

DeletedUser90465

We have allowed certain players to join PTG. Most of those were ex-PR members with the exception of Condolences :)

DeletedUser119533

Will be interesting to see who picks up kekua and co. Or if they try to create a tribe out of the rabble they have left.

DeletedUser119533

Why would be interesting? In what terms do you mean?

Looking at the auto updating maps shows that wett control the North West, meaning that they most likely applied for std and not one of the other big competitors, mutiny and p.t.g.

However kekua has villages in a line down the centre in k54, which creates a kind of barrier between p.t.g and mutiny. Yes there are ways round to the south and there are holes in the barrier, but he will shorten the potential battle line between the 2 tribes if he joins std. All the big tribes will be cleaning up left over rage and pr before going to war properly with each other, but if std put a barrier between mutiny and p.t.g they will likely be the prime target for both, which i doubt they would want. If those players go to p.t.g they too put themselves between the other big 2 tribes and therefore make themselves a prime target, which they would not want.

So the last option is for them to join mutiny, which would not put barriers between the other big two tribes. However it would be a signal of intent and they would control the west half of the world, while std and p.t.g would control 1 quarter each.

Who ever picks up wett, will be rank 1, however it does come with some pretty big negatives.

Which tribe will take that risk?

DeletedUser90465

Looking at the auto updating maps shows that wett control the North West, meaning that they most likely applied for std and not one of the other big competitors, mutiny and p.t.g.

However kekua has villages in a line down the centre in k54, which creates a kind of barrier between p.t.g and mutiny. Yes there are ways round to the south and there are holes in the barrier, but he will shorten the potential battle line between the 2 tribes if he joins std. All the big tribes will be cleaning up left over rage and pr before going to war properly with each other, but if std put a barrier between mutiny and p.t.g they will likely be the prime target for both, which i doubt they would want. If those players go to p.t.g they too put themselves between the other big 2 tribes and therefore make themselves a prime target, which they would not want.

So the last option is for them to join mutiny, which would not put barriers between the other big two tribes. However it would be a signal of intent and they would control the west half of the world, while std and p.t.g would control 1 quarter each.

Who ever picks up wett, will be rank 1, however it does come with some pretty big negatives.

Which tribe will take that risk?

I don't think any of the top tribes will be stupid enough to pick up Kekua after what he did to AOW.

However, if a tribe invites him, it would most likely be STD (From rumors I heard) but I could very much be wrong :)

His conquer logs prove very little about his skill:
http://www.twstats.com/en87/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=419934&type=&pn=-1

He has 65 internals and 12 real nobles (I valued barbarian villages and reAch AKA RAGE! as internals) and such an awful OD for someone who is rank 2.

A tribe would only really want him for positioning or to force internal him down the line.

DeletedUser119533

I don't think any of the top tribes will be stupid enough to pick up Kekua after what he did to AOW.

However, if a tribe invites him, it would most likely be STD (From rumors I heard) but I could very much be wrong :)

His conquer logs prove very little about his skill:
http://www.twstats.com/en87/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=419934&type=&pn=-1

He has 65 internals and 12 real nobles (I valued barbarian villages and reAch AKA RAGE! as internals) and such an awful OD for someone who is rank 2.

A tribe would only really want him for positioning or to force internal him down the line.

That means he has a lot off troops in his villages, which he will use if attacked. Also you are not doing much better yourself. Yes there is a good reason, you lost your villages and grew quickly again on barbs, but that should put you in a better position to understand that what you noble does not matter. It is how you use the villages and troops.

Tribes want to win and they do not care how, internalling to rank 1, recruitment and merging. P.T.G is rank 1 atm and i have heard tribes discuss recruiting to catch up and if std take in wett then they will be the number 1 tribe and then p.t.g would discuss recruiting to catch up and then they would be rank one and this is how most worlds go.

Wett will have the 2 top players in the world soon, kekua and deception (merging with robifir looking at stats) if the other top players don't merge in the mean time. Plus the rest of the tribe is taking reach inactives. These players will be assets to any tribe, and all the top tribes will consider recruiting them.

kekua

Interesting conversation, haven't seen my name on externals this much since I made 3Girls.

About me and how I play, get my villages, waste my troops... Anyone who have been in OP with me, or had been OPed by me know what kind of player I am and how I play. I don't think wasting your troops is a smart and honorable act, some players do and I won't stop them. In short first player to piss me off will see why my OD is so small and where did all troops go, or didn't go. :)

For now Wett is calm and organized crew, we are not a tribe, but we work together.

About talks, well again anyone who knows me, knows that I'm talking with everyone, no matter the tribe.

About my position in k54 (middle of PTG and Mutiny), don't think about the borders, think about the players down there, if anything started now I would be protected from both sides, all sides in fact. I'm not hostile there, it is not my area of interest, and that is why most villages in k54 are stack DF villages. I don't intend to grow there ever, and that is clear to players around me. I have offered help for locals too, if they are in need, so in short, there are no border, as everyone would just jump over my villages, consider me as Switzerland there.

That being told, if I lose all clusters in k54, that is on me, and I would not bring any friends or tribe in there to help.

K.

DeletedUser

Actually chiming in now with some subjective thoughts from the position of someone sat in S3XY.
I can see that there where a lot of problems with supporting players etc, but it honestly seemed like S3XY was the straw that broke the camels back here.
Interesting to see that all it took to make it finally happen was "Rage's first war against a resisting tribe." (Source: multiple Rage players)

I don't blame them for being pissed off considering the sheer number of nukes and nobles they lost. It was all but a stalemate if you only count village loss but when that comes to it a lot of people lost a lot of troops and it was certainly a war heavily in favour of S3XY counting all that.
It was a bit of fun while it lasted though.

What would be really nice is to see exactly how many merges happened coincidentally after the final Rage offensive which resulted in an obscene level of nuke loss for them. Where they happenning anyway? Or did anyone quit out of frustration as a result of a third failed op with only empty farm space to show for it?
What is truly truly fascinating is the level of failure when you take into consideration that Salted Nut Roll was confirmed as spying for them. (Someone we recruited out of Shield when they went down.)

I can tell you nobody in S3XY quit because of the war, in fact all the merges where done while we where still happily dodging core targeted nukes. (That used too few cats to make an impact and killed a tiny number of nukes at home over the course of three ops.)
Call this S3XY propaganda. Call it biased and cal it trash talk if you disagree. Maybe a lot of it was coincidental, but I thought the forums should hear about the RAGE disband from a S3XY players point of view.

Best of luck to Wett, I'm sure you have found new life now you cut out the cr*p.
My condolences to Reach who I think are what I believe to be remainders of the RAGE "totally not an academy tribe"

Speaking of Condolences... Keep that guy in check PTG. I've seen at least two nukes launched at us by him that didn't have rams.

-Daryl

DeletedUser

Since my name was mentioned by "Friend or foe" about merge with Deception , And after reading the interesting subjects mentioned by the celebrity Granny <3 I would like to say that IF we are making any merge it will be due to RL that became more busy for few of us ( The things that have changed in my RL : "Space for your guesses" ) . And not because of losing nukes that I must admit made me be a 1 day bitch lmao :)
However I must agree with Granny about people quiting or merging (Because of losing nukes) after a war start is ridiculous, That what makes the different between a good player and an average player. A good player will keep fighting until the death or another good excuse :D . Ow and thank ! Wett appreciate your best wishes :)

DeletedUser118052

Wait. We aren't taking Wett to the endgame Kekua :O. You lied to me <3. lolz.

Honestly as someone who was never really that involved with Rage as a whole due to location (still ran my ops and did support etc), here are my thoughts on that tribe.

1. It's positioning was about as bad as could be. If you'd looked at the maps it was literally a big middle finger from the Northwest to the core to every single tribe around it. This would have been okay had it been able to secure STD neutrality (power calling the shots in the North East/shared a big border to the South with PTG), but given Nemesis's no diplomacy ruling, was never going to work. Mutiny would be forced to attack as otherwise they'd be boxed in and the tribes were just to large to merge at a stage of the game where players are still highly active instead of getting bored of the macro. Furthermore doubt Mutiny would of wanted to merge. I've had chats with Dan since before my account even joined this world and he's got the right idea when it comes to player recruitment. Unity and fun first, points second.. This situation was made all the worse by deciding to force internal the ghio1 account. Now don't get me wrong. I completely understand why they did it. Steve can be a handful, but the fact that he's as territorial and pushy as he is was completely necessary and crucial to Rage taking it to the end game. His position would of blocked Mutiny from expanding North gaining an ever larger flank with Rage and would have provided crucial room to grow into a larger backline. As it stood backline in RAGE was me (G.e.k) and Pais en Vree in K33 where there wasn't any serious competition, everywhere else could be considered a mid to frontline position. Furthermore as much as some of you don't love him, Steve can play, when he's not on vacation in China =P. Even if Mutiny had in turn attacked Rage, Steve would of been a force to be reckoned with and allowed the rest of Rage to mobilize against Mutiny in a timely fashion.

2. Player Unity was plain old pitiful. Just a bunch of small clicks within the tribe. I came back from a 3 day vacation, had less than 200 messages on the skype. I'm also in the Golden w83 skype where we're at like 99.9% world dominance and half the accounts take like week long breaks there were still more messages from it. If you went back in the skype chat half of it was Pais en Vree and I making fun of each other and other half was Robifir. Literally dead quiet up until the day that it all collapsed. If your going to be a rank one tribe you gotta like each other at the end of the day. You need to sit each others accounts and play nice. I made some friends, but frankly I wouldn't have stayed up all night sitting 90% of the accounts in RAGE if you had paid me. People asked a lot, gave very little and nobody knew anyone beyond their immediate neighbor.

3. Watching Rage op was painful... Nobles hitting before nukes, no antisnipes, and support time ins were like a minute after landing time. Just so painful to watch. Furthermore given the range of RAGES control half the players didn't participate because it was to far... Good luck ever playing a late macro stage game if you think that one K is to far lol.

At the end of the day things would probably never have worked out for Dreaded and Rage. It could and probably should be considered the super power of the early world (talking 15-20 village stage) as its sheer mass would allow its players to just over run almost any foe in a blanket of nukes, but it could never have made the transition into the mid game, and forget about end game. There were a few diplomatic mishaps that made collapse all but inevitable (speaking of allying with PR early game when instead alliances with PTG would of worked better/Ceding the entirety of K43 to Mutiny in an NAP agreement) but overall the quality of player just wasn't there and position was terrible.

Rage did provide some avg/good players room to grow within it. Some of them may have faired fine without RAGE, others I don't know if they could of gotten this start without the internals provided by being in a tribe like RAGE. I don't think there were any pros within RAGE, given the definition that Nemesis and I agreed upon where we look at them and say wow, that kid is just to damn good at this game. What remains to be seen at this point is how those players square up in the post RAGE world. That will be Rage's legacy. With Condolences joining PTG it is clear that they will not all end up in the same tribe and I for one and interested to see who can actually play now that things are starting to break loose.

Now since I'm a history major if I had to choose an example of what RAGE was within history I would choose post Napoleonic era pre ww1 Russia. Had expanded aggressively during the stages where it just mattered how many units you could throw at the enemy, but now when skill and coordination/modern weapons and tactics are required was not able to make the transition and would of gotten their butts whooped by basically everyone and been cannon fodder.

DeletedUser107163

G.E.K pretty much summed it all up quite nicely there, good read buddy ^

Following on from this, it's interesting to see where people flock to now that the big RAGE banner is no longer there to protect them, I honestly think the world just started to get interesting.

DeletedUser119150

lol GEK is funny fellow though he first spyied for other tribe and then whaen tribe disbanded was attacking his own tribe member of wett