Rate the signature and the avatar above!

DeletedUser79621

I hate people who post on this thread and don't rate the sig of the person above them. It's very annoying. I'm a bit pissed. Not because of this one incident, but because this happens all of the time and it grows old very quickly.

Av: 6/10
Sig: 7/10 Smooth out the letters. The blockiness is a bit too evident, but I do like it. Also, get rid of the spoilers. Spoiler sigs are for teh nubz.

First off, when did that happen before your post?

Secondly, which sig were you rating, there is 4 of them, 2 are too big to be used without spoilers but I like them so will continue using spoilers despite your opinion of them =]

Thirdly,

Avy: 10/10 - It's you, who wouldn't like it =D
Sig: 7/10 - I like the background and the sub-text but HandofGod23 is hard to read due to the background area behind it.

DeletedUser

Av: 6/10
Sig: 6/10 It's not defined. It looks as if the entire picture was faded out a bit. I am a fan of sharp images. The lettering is also a tad bit elementary.
It is suppose to be faded that is why it is called TLA Reborn the Demon meaning me is ripping out of the old, well to each their own in tastes. I was looking at your sig and the image is faded worse than mine lol
sig- 9/10
both very nice work, this is for Kris

DeletedUser87372

AV - 8/10
Sig - 8/10

I like them both, but they do not blow me away. I would have said the only thing to let your sig down is the lettering, if it was sharper or more in line with the context it would be a 10/10.

I know I do not have an avatar, so will be accepting 0/10 for that and would love for someone to show me how to get that sorted for myself :)

DeletedUser

To Kristofski: I was rating yours, but complaining about Silenther and Mikey. Those 2 should know better.

To Bloodfest: I meant that your sig looks as if the opacity was turned down. It's the fact that your sig's colors are brownish, which appears very dull against the brown forums of TW. It doesn't catch your eyes at all. My sig is actually very eye-catching and the background is clear and sharp.

To Kristofski and Bloodfest:

My sig is the way it is for a number of reasons. When someone looks at a good sig they don't first notice the background and then the text; they only see an awesome sig. When I look at your 2 sigs I see a background, then I see the text. It's 2 separate things in the same box, just one plastered over the other. The end result of a good sig is to combine the text into the sig, to make it seen as 1 overall body; to be seen as incomplete if one or the other was removed. My sig is of a destroyed city and to have clear text would not make sense. It is supposed to be faded, and I sacrifice clarity for artistic logic. When people look at my sig they see one picture. Recall WFA's old sig, the one where it was purple with the eye and the text. That sig was amazing; the text was completely part of the picture. That is what all sig makers try to do.

For example, what would one think if they went to the opera and this occured: Majestic music began to play slowly. The room vibrated with the cellos, the flutes played with your ears, and the trumpets lifted your soul. The emotions rose up to a point where the room was captivated, the audience smitten by the mixture of beauty and love all encased by the lovely sounds caressing their faces. A man strolls to the middle of the stage, perfectly in pace with the music, stops, gazes out across the subdued audience, raises the microphone to his lips and shouts, "HI, My name is? What? My name is? What? My name is? What? CHICKA-CHICKA-SLIM SHADY."

Sigs are meant to be one picture, and I feel that mine is just that.

Anyways,

JVincent:

Av: 10 OUTTA 10
Sig: 4/10 You can see where the pictures are a bit distorted at places, and a random compilation of pictures thrown around with plain colors and a horrible text color make for a bad sig. Much potential, but this one didn't come out quite right. Try, try again. Practice makes perfect and if you made this sig I think you have much to learn, but are starting off well.

DeletedUser

1/10
6/10 black text is hard to read. Sure, dont make text first sig since thats what you mention above, but at least make it so we can read it without straining

DeletedUser

8/10 I like it
7/10 simple and to the point

HoG lol I'm not sure what you're saying I did?

DeletedUser79621

Avy: 7/10
Sig: 6/10

Not that I didn't do your rate before =D

@HoG: I know it was my sig, I meant which one of mine as there are 4 >.<

Edit: I just read the second part and to be honest, if I went to the opera and the man started shouting out Eminem I would find it hilarious ^_^ I understand you will have done the sig the way you have for a reason but this whole thing is the rater's opinion of the sig so there is no point defending it as I will stick to my rating no matter what you try and tell me you were doing... I feel the text could be more prominent, not necessarily like mine are at times (not all of mine are like it) but stand out slightly and still be part of your "destroyed city" image.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To Kristofski: I was rating yours, but complaining about Silenther and Mikey. Those 2 should know better.

To Bloodfest: I meant that your sig looks as if the opacity was turned down. It's the fact that your sig's colors are brownish, which appears very dull against the brown forums of TW. It doesn't catch your eyes at all. My sig is actually very eye-catching and the background is clear and sharp.

To Kristofski and Bloodfest:

My sig is the way it is for a number of reasons. When someone looks at a good sig they don't first notice the background and then the text; they only see an awesome sig. When I look at your 2 sigs I see a background, then I see the text. It's 2 separate things in the same box, just one plastered over the other. The end result of a good sig is to combine the text into the sig, to make it seen as 1 overall body; to be seen as incomplete if one or the other was removed. My sig is of a destroyed city and to have clear text would not make sense. It is supposed to be faded, and I sacrifice clarity for artistic logic. When people look at my sig they see one picture. Recall WFA's old sig, the one where it was purple with the eye and the text. That sig was amazing; the text was completely part of the picture. That is what all sig makers try to do.

For example, what would one think if they went to the opera and this occured: Majestic music began to play slowly. The room vibrated with the cellos, the flutes played with your ears, and the trumpets lifted your soul. The emotions rose up to a point where the room was captivated, the audience smitten by the mixture of beauty and love all encased by the lovely sounds caressing their faces. A man strolls to the middle of the stage, perfectly in pace with the music, stops, gazes out across the subdued audience, raises the microphone to his lips and shouts, "HI, My name is? What? My name is? What? My name is? What? CHICKA-CHICKA-SLIM SHADY."

Sigs are meant to be one picture, and I feel that mine is just that.

Anyways,

JVincent:

Av: 10 OUTTA 10
Sig: 4/10 You can see where the pictures are a bit distorted at places, and a random compilation of pictures thrown around with plain colors and a horrible text color make for a bad sig. Much potential, but this one didn't come out quite right. Try, try again. Practice makes perfect and if you made this sig I think you have much to learn, but are starting off well.
quoted because i was mentioned :3

AV: 6/10 lol, always looking at you ;o
Sig: 9/10 Yeah, I do like it, but I'd prefer a more darker style >.>

DeletedUser87372

Well Jess, I love the avatar and the sig is not bad:

AV - 10/10
Sig - 7/10

Now I have an avatar from Tyne Cot cemetery in Ypres, Belgium.

DeletedUser

6/10
4/10 If its going to be that big, you mine as well make it really good. I also dont like that the fonts are different, and the ones on the bottom are hard to read sort of. Not a fan of the black border either. I like the idea overall, its just not presented in what Id consider the best way

lords of the emos

8/10 - looks like a decent anime :p
6/10 - looks pretty good but seems a little clustered for me :S

DeletedUser

6/10 interesting new twist on the skull and cross bones
3/10 Looks like it was compressed vertically to much

lords of the emos

7/10 - Love the idea but not the show - would have rated higher if i knew what it was
8/10 Very pretty looking - again not sure what it is from though :p