Read dis

darkaniken2

After an interesting skype convo, I felt the need to find out just how many people here are vegetarians.

I personally believe we should eat meat. We have teeth and enzymes deisgned for that purpose. No matter if you believe in evolution or creationism, human beings are meant to eat meat.

And yer, I'm bored. Get over it. :D

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As one of the other members of the interesting Skype convo...

I'm a pescetarian. The only meat I eat is seafood. I don't count eggs or dairy as meat (in other words, I eat them). And my reasoning is the mistreatment of animals. If they went through a minimum of suffering and they had a chance to live a happy life before being killed, and the environment wasn't damaged in the process, and the workers weren't mistreated, etc., then I'd try it. But that's very hard to assure given the food system here. (I know there are places around here that I'd trust, but I'm too lazy to figure out where. It's been long enough that I forget what most meat tastes like, so I'm not in any particular rush.)

DeletedUser

Food chain. We just happen to sit up top.

Its a dog eat dog world.

darkaniken2

Would be more of a human eat cow/pig/chicken/fish/dog/cat/monkey/any other living thing we feel like eating world.

DeletedUser85711

I'm personally not and even had a bit of a conversation with a girl I've been talking with about it yesterday. She's a vegetarian, which brought up the topic. I still don't feel the boycott of eating meat will help (more directed at Queen). There are bound to be better ways to go about getting something solved, especially since there isn't a large mass doing so.

queenangel

My personal vegetarianism is not towards boycotting meat. I cook it happily every day for my family. Umm...as long as cook is a relative term here..

Over the years, the food industry has developed many ways of killing food animals more humanely than they have in the past. The fishing industry still needs better regulations, but I am not under any illusion that my abstinence from meat will change the world. lol. I am only responsible for myself.

The reason I do not eat meat is for my personal long term health concerns. My family has a high incidence of heart problems and diabetes. I am in very good physical shape, which i intend to keep ;) But as for my diet, I changed it many years ago.

DeletedUser

I love meat. I put meat on my veggies. I was in the hospital a couple years ago and had to be on a liquid diet for 3 days because my surgery kept getting moved. I thought I was gonna die. Only thing that kept me sane was chicken broth.

Screw my leg infection. Take the leg and give me some meat damnit. lol

DeletedUser

I save read meat,chicken, and pork for the weekends as much as possible. The older i get the harder a steak or other grilled meats seem to digest. A 12oz steak will sit in my belly literally all night. I'll wake up the next day.. it's still there. I try to keep meat portions at 6oz or under for health reason and to keep my belly from reacting.

I eat a lot of tuna and almonds through the week for protein.

DeletedUser

I don't eat red meat - still eat like, chicken and fish though. Just don't like red meat :p

Levy

DeletedUser85711

My personal vegetarianism is not towards boycotting meat. I cook it happily every day for my family. Umm...as long as cook is a relative term here..

Over the years, the food industry has developed many ways of killing food animals more humanely than they have in the past. The fishing industry still needs better regulations, but I am not under any illusion that my abstinence from meat will change the world. lol. I am only responsible for myself.

The reason I do not eat meat is for my personal long term health concerns. My family has a high incidence of heart problems and diabetes. I am in very good physical shape, which i intend to keep ;) But as for my diet, I changed it many years ago.
OK. I can understand that with red meats/pork, but why not chicken/turkey and other lean meats? Not to mention eating red meats won't really make you fat or out of shape.

DeletedUser

Turkey Bacon! Granted it's not real bacon(nor is that crap Canadians call bacon. It's ham damnit! lol) but it is damn good and without all of the fat.

DeletedUser

Only if your stranded with low supplies, no hope of rescue, and the person being eaten has already perished. Then I'd say it's fair game. Otherwise your talking about premeditated murder having occurred prior to consumption.

DeletedUser

Vegetables are but a side dish for the meat. :icon_rolleyes:

darkaniken2

Only if your stranded with low supplies, no hope of rescue, and the person being eaten has already perished. Then I'd say it's fair game. Otherwise your talking about premeditated murder having occurred prior to consumption.
Depends. I mean, you can just randomly decide to eat human and kill someone right there. That's not premeditated.

DeletedUser

I still think that's premeditated. Even if its only for a split second.