Religion. Real or fake?

DeletedUser

I'm going to withhold support for a few posts to see what others think.

I however, believe it is fake. ;)

DeletedUser

Religion:

A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "He lost his faith but not his morality"
An institution to express belief in a divine power; "He was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"

DeletedUser

You are one of the christians right? ;) The guys whos church forced a thousand year dark age of technological repression in the name god?

You do realize that just because the church does something doesn't mean it is what God wants. We are humans after all we make mistakes. Look at today's churches. There are those out there that are saying homosexuals can be part of the church and can be saved, when in the bible it clearly states the opposite. There have been discrepancies over God's will for years and there always will be.

DeletedUser

You do realize that just because the church does something doesn't mean it is what God wants. We are humans after all we make mistakes. Look at today's churches. There are those out there that are saying homosexuals can be part of the church and can be saved, when in the bible it clearly states the opposite. There have been discrepancies over God's will for years and there always will be.

And you do realize that scientifically the only reason why religion isn't considered a hallucination is because soooo many people world wide believe in it. For all intents and purposes religion is a hallucination. The belief that something which is clearly not there, is actually there.

Just because people follow it, doesn't make it right, true or good.

DeletedUser

Gays have just as much of a right as you do. The bible was simply man made to control the masses. You can tell by how they made the old testament, and when it was way to midevil and outdated, MAN updated it to control people in modern ways. :p

DeletedUser

And you do realize that scientifically the only reason why religion isn't considered a hallucination is because soooo many people world wide believe in it. For all intents and purposes religion is a hallucination. The belief that something which is clearly not there, is actually there.

There ARE so many ways to prove the bible right. When it IS finally proven, won't you feel stupid?

DeletedUser

Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it false. If you can't believe for whatever reason that is your affair but by no means does it make Christianity false.

EDIT: Also I'm not someone who just follows the crowd. If thats all Christianity was I wouldn't be a part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gays have just as much of a right as you do. The bible was simply man made to control the masses. You can tell by how they made the old testament, and when it was way to midevil and outdated, MAN updated it to control people in modern ways. :p

There is no way I can convince you that the Bible was God inspired. You either have to believe or you simply don't believe. However I've got a stat for you. With any ancient document, historians determine the accuracy of that document by how many copies survive to the time just before the printing press came to be. Many famous works of literature from ancient times use this same process. For instance Homer's Iliad was determined to be accurate using this process. Along with other works from the same time period. So if you combine every copy of every ancient work of literature and compare to copies of the Bible, guess what? It isn't even close, there are far more copies of the Bible. And this is before the printing press and other more modern printing machines so every word had to be copied by hand. What does that tell you about the accuracy of the Bible? Granted you can still argue it was totally man inspired man written and you won't be convinced otherwise. Its not my responsibility to convince you nor will I try. That is a decision for you to make. Its between you and God, even if you believe he doesn't exist.

Sorry for the wall of text just had to put it all in there.

DeletedUser

You are one of the christians right? ;) The guys whos church forced a thousand year dark age of technological repression in the name god?

i am a christian nick... or christianity would be what i would say is my religion. you can be against churches all you want. it doesn't say anywhere they do what is right or wrong.

not fake.

see something to disagree with you about. flame me and you will find yourself being extremely lonely ;)

DeletedUser

[2:40:11 PM] KBS.Skill: I have a bunch of rebuttles that i could use, but i don't want to argue with you lol.

[2:40:23 PM] KBS.Skill: You are more stubborn then i am @_@ it would be a pain.

[2:42:51 PM] KBS.Skill: THat i am whipped.

It looks as if on Sunday Nick will be attending church. <3 Much Love

DeletedUser

[2:40:11 PM] KBS.Skill: I have a bunch of rebuttles that i could use, but i don't want to argue with you lol.

[2:40:23 PM] KBS.Skill: You are more stubborn then i am @_@ it would be a pain.

[2:42:51 PM] KBS.Skill: THat i am whipped.

It looks as if on Sunday Nick will be attending church. <3 Much Love

That last part is SOOOOO out of context its not even funny! Lol..

DeletedUser

you keep telling ppl that nick ;)

religion can be wrong. i did i guess misinterpret the question. i was stating more that i believe in God, as for religion well.. i do attend church, i am not about to base what is wrong with religion on the ppl in the church. i know what i believe it to be and that should be enough.

i will be picking you up at 8am on Sunday Nick and you are buying breakfast.

DeletedUser

Hmm, this is going to get messy.

Well, I think there might be something there but not sure how to put it.

Sadly because of Religon people must fight and brake out into wars but hey that's a nice way of controlling human population.

As much as this topic is interesting I think we should close this for the sake of not fighting.

DeletedUser

Hmm, this is going to get messy.

Well, I think there might be something there but not sure how to put it.

Sadly because of Religon people must fight and brake out into wars but hey that's a nice way of controlling human population.

As much as this topic is interesting I think we should close this for the sake of not fighting.

Its a friendly debate, and an enthralling topic. It should only be locked if it gets out of hand.

And yes, I believe that is one of religions purposes. Population control. Thats the reason for having so many with minimal differences.