Religion. Real or fake?

DeletedUser45021

When Did This Turn Into An Arguement About Evolution =P

Which HAs Been Proven BTW. The Fact That You Have Opposable (SP) Thumbs Is Proof. Look Back Far Enough And The Pre-Humans Skeletons Didn't Have Them.

As For Religion, Depends What Religion You're On About. I Personally Find Most Mainstream Religions Complete Bull, TBH.

There are no transitional fossils that show a link between the apes (being what was found back then) and the humans of now, so don't know how you can really look back at the "pre-human" skeletons :p Everything is based on theory.

Also, Evolution is part of the discussion between whether religion is "fake" (really not the correct word here) or not, since most religious people state that evolution does not exist.

Hai btw :p

DeletedUser

There are no transitional fossils that show a link between the apes (being what was found back then) and the humans of now, so don't know how you can really look back at the "pre-human" skeletons :p Everything is based on theory.

Also, Evolution is part of the discussion between whether religion is "fake" (really not the correct word here) or not, since most religious people state that evolution does not exist.

Hai btw :p

1. There is no real 'link' between apes and humans. They both have a common ancestor, but they are not linked.

2. Evolutionary theory does not prove that religion is fake. Religion and evolutionary theory can co-exist perfectly. And most religious people "prove" their statements by taking the Holy Books literally or quoting other people (often radical preachers), all because they don't (want to) understand that evolutionary theory doesn't want to destroy religion.

DeletedUser

1. There is no real 'link' between apes and humans. They both have a common ancestor, but they are not linked.

2. Evolutionary theory does not prove that religion is fake. Religion and evolutionary theory can co-exist perfectly. And most religious people "prove" their statements by taking the Holy Books literally or quoting other people (often radical preachers), all because they don't (want to) understand that evolutionary theory doesn't want to destroy religion.

. remember seeing something TV could be wrong but I'm busy atm but here is quick responce:

1: There is just the "missing link", that's what they call the one evolution that we are missing. If we had that there would be a direct connection.

2. In some religions it would, like the story of Adam and Eve. According to that humans started as we know them now.

DeletedUser

. remember seeing something TV could be wrong but I'm busy atm but here is quick responce:

1: There is just the "missing link", that's what they call the one evolution that we are missing. If we had that there would be a direct connection.

2. In some religions it would, like the story of Adam and Eve. According to that humans started as we know them now.

1. There is no direct connection, since we didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor, but that's an indirect connection. The missing link is a part of human evolution and has nothing to do with apes, actually.

2. Ah well, my vision is that such things are not meant to be taken literally. Holy Books just tell stories, after all. Stories that are meant to give minimal guidance in life, not to cut a path out for us that we HAVE to follow.

DeletedUser

1. There is no direct connection, since we didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor, but that's an indirect connection. The missing link is a part of human evolution and has nothing to do with apes, actually.

2. Ah well, my vision is that such things are not meant to be taken literally. Holy Books just tell stories, after all. Stories that are meant to give minimal guidance in life, not to cut a path out for us that we HAVE to follow.

I'm unfamiliar on it like I said so you might be right.

I like to view it like that too but many people don't. Personally religion is something that I cannot take seriously but just consider myself part of it due to it symbolizing a group I belong too.

DeletedUser

On (original) topic:
I have been raised Catholic and know it better than my parents and many of my peers. Like many, I have been a uncertain deist. Like some, I have become a convinced atheist.
But there are some things I can't explain:
- So called "transcendental" feelings I experienced, like a brief glimpse of omniscience or timelessness
- The surprising amount of parallels between far-way cultures/religions/folklore/..., suggesting to me some kind of connection
I still don't belief in a god, but these (vague) perceptions humbled me in revising my stance to simple agnosticism.

tl;dr: I don't know.

I think religion as "opium of the masses" isn't a bad thing. It teaches good manners, makes people do all kinds of illogical good things for others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:icon_confused: who is this guy

anyways, the title implies all religions are to be discussed here...

DeletedUser

- The surprising amount of parallels between far-way cultures/religions/folklore/..., suggesting to me some kind of connection

I think that could be traced back to our common ancestry. Its quite basic really.

DeletedUser

:icon_confused: who is this guy

anyways, the title implies all religions are to be discussed here...
yes yes but what has that to do with my post?

As I and another one pointed out, religion is real because well, we do have different religions around the world. They are real, they exists as we write.

DeletedUser

you're right, the wording is slightly off, but the point is that when it says religion: true or false, it implies any religion can be dicussedhere, which is why i posted it.

and i am fully behind the miovemebt that youree supposed to contribute before you yell that somethign should be changed