Religious Debate

DeletedUser

This was one of my favorite threads I've ever participated in all the way back on W36... Getting a little bored, so thought I'd try to bring it back.

WARNING: This thread got a little heated last time so turn your brains on...

Well seeing as less than an hour ago the mighty Jehova Witnesses had breached my household and decided to put a sermon on top of my head, the sermon which had then resulted in a heated argument as to whether the God, or as they know, Jehova is real. As to whether there is Heaven and Hell?
How did the Arc fit such a large variety of animals, and if it did it could not have possibly fitted all of the current existing species? So after much discussion I have come to this conclusion:

There is no evidence that the God exists, if he does I shall eat my own head.

There is no heaven or hell, if there is I shall eat my own foot.

Arc is a myth created by the religion. If it is a true non-fictional story I shall eat my own hand.

Adam was NOT the first man, unless he had a healthy sperm count and Eve was a super wonderwoman who could pop out babies at will, we would all be inbreds. If that is true I shall eat my other foot.

Christianity is a fraud created by a few men in their mid 40's who decided to make some quick cash by convincing people to their own point of view and charging them for believeing in a segment of their imagination, if that is true I shall pat myself on the back and exclaim "Well done."

Now, this is my view and there are people who beleive that God is real, whatever your argument may be, spit it out and I will try to spot the flaws in your argument concerning the religion.

I personally believe that Buddhism is about the only good religion out there that had not started any wars, well the major ones anyway.

Christianity - Crusades,

Islam - Civil Unrest in Central Asian countries(Constant war between different fractions).

Just a few that spring to mind.

What's your belief concerning the religion?

Lethal Legend

Religous debate is an easy subject to get people heated though to start off I will take your view as being the one posted where you argue against.

Eve was a super wonderwoman who could pop out babies at will, we would all be inbreds

With reference to the above section you are almost arguing against your point - surely you have noticed the Southern relatives of your country? Man say "hi meet my wife and sister" only one woman standing there...old joke but based on fact.
Maybe we as a race are just breeding out the inbreds but some areas are lagging behind?

Your choice of foot to nibble on

mattcurr

Oh lets debate a subject, which has no objective truth, oh that's impossible am missing the point? :S

Disprove the flying spaghetti monster with logic that would be acceptable to disprove god, and I'll be happy to debate the subject.

WARNING: This thread got a little heated last time so turn your brains on...
There is no logical discourse which can result in an answer so I am not sure how turning your brain on will lead to an answer, in fact both sides require you to turn off your brain and say, believe me cause I said so at a fundamental level at least, they do like to fancy it up with some words.

Last edited:

DeletedUser75995

Just live your damn life, have fun and when you die you see. Don't wanna spend all my life on something then die and find nothing...

DeletedUser

There actually is objective proof that there was an adam/eve (the x chromosome and maternal DNA). Only problem is the two lived quite a few centuries apart, and it was too long ago for what the bible said.

mattcurr

There actually is objective proof that there was an adam/eve (the x chromosome and maternal DNA). Only problem is the two lived quite a few centuries apart, and it was too long ago for what the bible said.

Even if this were true, which from what you wrote makes no sense, the objective truth I was speaking about was religions existence as a whole. Proving once fascist of one religions is not the same thing as proving that the entire thing is true.

DeletedUser

I meant that there was indeed one man who fathered all men, and one woman who all human beings are descended from. But I was indeed arguing against the story being true because they lived centuries apart and probably in far different areas.

DeletedUser

If they lived centuries apart, how'd they have (millions of) kids? Did Adam fire his sperm through time?

DeletedUser

lol, no just the very odd effect of the human population getting down to maybe 100 at one point in history, everyone who was not one person's decedent ended up dying, by sheer chance. Then in that situation one guy took advantage and poof, all males on earth are related to him.

DeletedUser

lol, no just the very odd effect of the human population getting down to maybe 100 at one point in history, everyone who was not one person's decedent ended up dying, by sheer chance. Then in that situation one guy took advantage and poof, all males on earth are related to him.

That's just evolutionary in nature... This shows that at some point there was a single common ancestor to which we all relate to.

If you follow the dogma that is evolution, then you just have to say that humans separated from apes as a result of a bottleneck event or separation event. One male was the result, and from that a new species was created.

DeletedUser

zz.. hey atheists, if god doesn't exist, then how did he create the universe?
If Charles Darwin was so smart, then why is he dead?

check, and mate.

DeletedUser

zz.. hey atheists, if god doesn't exist, then how did he create the universe?
He didn't. And why is god a "he"? Why would God have gender unless there are many Gods and they reproduce?
If Charles Darwin was so smart, then why is he dead?
Because he, like every other living thing on this planet, is mortal.
check, and mate.
That horsey can't move like like that, and that's a pawn not your bishop.

DeletedUser94903

He didn't. And why is god a "he"? Why would God have gender unless there are many Gods and they reproduce?

Because he, like every other living thing on this planet, is mortal.

That horsey can't move like like that, and that's a pawn not your bishop.

i think you didnt catch the irony.

DeletedUser

The sad part is, some idiots will actually make that argument.
It is hard to read intentions on the interwebs.

See... I'm a very sarcastic person...
But even I got used to realizing that tone doesn't translate over text.

DeletedUser91764

oh I love this....

evolution? or adam and eve? where did we come from? >_> well either answer leads back to a greater power whichever way you wanna know it as (A.K.A. the big bang or God or allah or whatever)

Evolutionists... I'm not a f^cking monkey or fish I'm me and I'm not gonna effn vanish when I'm dead...

Back to subject....

Evolution We were monkeys and before we were fish and then germs right? well where the hell did the germs come from? the big bang you say? oh how the hell does that make sense? when I blow a firecracker up I don't see fishies flopping around on the ground do I?

There was no life when the big bang happened nothing not even germs could have survived that.... now you wanna argue that the materials were there to make life and that we could produce lifeforms in a lab

where was the lab 30 billion years ago? I don't think I was created in a lab did anyone stop to think God created everything? including the big bang? why is that not believable? you think you came from rocks and gas....

And after that explain ghosts... sheesh I didn't think if I'm supposed to "disappear" I was allowed to stay and be a ghost...

"we have proof there were deformed humans or whatever" whos to say that god didn't make them and kill them when he failed at making people? Or that some monkey that he made didn't evolve a little bit then die off?

well anyways there is a "God" whether you believe in it or not (god is referred to as he is many cases because we believe him alive and here with us and you don't call your neighbor or family "it")

and on top of that... why can't we call it he or she? When we call in animate objects he she and baby all the time....

and whos to say there are not hundreds of gods? maybe Greece was right? But whatever great power created us can surely send us to our deaths at any moment he she it wanted so I think its safe to call "it" a god.

DeletedUser

Religion beats science because of ghosts?
What the fork?!?!?!

DeletedUser91764

Religion beats science because of ghosts?
What the fork?!?!?!

nuh just an example I was just saying big bang theory is god it created life right? well maybe we are part of god :3

never thought of it that way right?

well regardless a "greater power" created us and I call it god