Remove BPR in Endgame

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted User - 11549951

Thank you for this much more respectable reply.
Now I can identify the great script writer you are.

No, picking up new players on a world 180 days old doesn't do a difference to a world.
Chances are they had 1 village, you make them destroy the spear n swords n they build a good full.
You send them resources to coin and with some nukes to help n support they get to to 20 villages or (120 before I merged with someone else who taught me better) or they quit because they don't have the time right now or it's not the game for them.
Regardless, if you behave like a human, you end up making friends, who knows, coplayers for the future.

From my experience in casual 8, one has come back ( had to stop due to work reasons) and is coplaying someone n doing great.

I am personally an advocate for leaving worlds open for longer.
Yes this does make the endgame last much longer but it also allows new players to mature in a complicated game like this much faster.
It also makes it easier for new players to actually enjoy a game like this rather than thinking this is bunk and never come back ( which is apart of player perspective - if you really want the noobs out so you can get bigger, the pool of new players will never grow, because the experience player just sees them as food.

I imagine some experienced players used this to conquer innactives to get bigger but given I'm in a casual and have met a few of the rude bastards, they're nothing to be afraid of and we'll worth the risk of having helped create a fantastic group of people in casual8, given I knew no one in net.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I must say this discussion has really gone away from the real subject of this thread and started a discussion about something completely different that should be done in another thread not this.

In whats written I've seen little to no actual arguments why it would be bad to remove BPR after a while.
Only because BPR is removed, doesnt mean someone can't start on the world and get boosted to catch up a bit with the world, but mainly possible in rim of the tribe/players boosting this player, not in an enemy rim, which BPR right now allow to be done and abused to get 60 days Immunity to grow in enemy rim and destroy their backline. (which i dont see should be a part of endgame unless you wanna invest tones of defence/resources during BP)

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
BPR right now allow to be done and abused to get 60 days Immunity to grow in enemy rim and destroy their backline.

Could you use this exact statement in your first post, it's much more clear about why BPR should be removed in the end game. Or I guess you can't edit your own posts here, hopefully a mod can do that. Good point. But it's the ratio 20 or something? So if the tribe has a smallest player of 2 million points, then this player can only grow to 100,000 points before the enemy tribe can open fire on them. That's only ten to twenty villages, besides most tribes have bashers somewhere.

How much damage can these players really cause? Do you have an example of such happening?

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Could you use this exact statement in your first post, it's much more clear about why BPR should be removed in the end game. Or I guess you can't edit your own posts here, hopefully a mod can do that. Good point. But it's the ratio 20 or something? So if the tribe has a smallest player of 2 million points, then this player can only grow to 100,000 points before the enemy tribe can open fire on them. That's only ten to twenty villages, besides most tribes have bashers somewhere.

How much damage can these players really cause? Do you have an example of such happening?

Sadly i cant edit main post, but i guess this:
This would also prevent using the BPR to get an account in the enemy backline which they cant really do anything against until 60 days its been there and BPR is lifted.
could be changed to:
BPR right now allow to be abused to get 60 days Immunity to grow in enemy rim and destroy their backline.
if its more clearer!

And yes i mean the 1:20 Ratio with BPR (its called Beginner Protection Ratio in settings), even if 100k isnt much its enough to cause some serious dmg in your backline that is supposed to have little to none defence standing at home, and still at 100k you have morale on your side making it very painful to clear those vills in backline that shouldnt exist.

And I have already seen this done on World 111, where the enemy had the player Dado2 in our backline in K43, not that it did much dmg this time but it let the enemy get plenty of cheap deathstars(through acc building for 45 days without being able to be attacked since 111 had 1:10 ratio), they could send nukes around in OPs forcing deff to stay in an area that should have been completly safe otherwise.

^And this is something i dont see has a thing that would improve gameplay/experience of TW in any way and should be prevented before you see it done on all worlds and being some kind of "new Meta"...

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
And I have already seen this done on World 111, where the enemy had the player Dado2 in our backline in K43

So what if they have this as a game setting where it's stated how long the BPR will last. That way if it's an uber support world, the BPR can stay til end game, but if it's a normal world like 111 where anyone can defend anyone, it should be disallowed as the feature can be abused.

Deleted User - 11549951

So in order to prevent experienced players from creating a backline ( which by the way has happened since world 1 ) you wish to remove the BPR so as to make it easier and more feasible to wipe them out of the rim?

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
So what if they have this as a game setting where it's stated how long the BPR will last. That way if it's an uber support world, the BPR can stay til end game, but if it's a normal world like 111 where anyone can defend anyone, it should be disallowed as the feature can be abused.

Dont really think über would make BPR harder to abuse since the player can just jump to that tribe and get the support?

So in order to prevent experienced players from creating a backline ( which by the way has happened since world 1 ) you wish to remove the BPR so as to make it easier and more feasible to wipe them out of the rim?

What the hell are you even on about? HOW would BPR being removed in endgame prevent players from creating a backline?
It's more about it will prevent BPR to be abused to get into a players backline that is out of nobling range normally.

Deleted User - 11549951

I dont think you have an ample view of the picture and thus your views are rather limited.

I dont think that would happen if BPR were to be removed.
having that said i wont be asking what the hell you're on about as just because you're wrong about this, doesnt mean you're any less intelligent than me or anyone else.

Deleted User - 11549951

So what if a couple experienced guys do well and join your enemy?
Dont you use the pp system to huge sprints?

I would argue this should be removed as players can abuse this however thats not going to happen is it? Although its much more harmful to the game!

This isnt a game about winning.

If you cant lose gracefully, this isnt the game for you.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
So what if a couple experienced guys do well and join your enemy?
Dont you use the pp system to huge sprints?

I would argue this should be removed as players can abuse this however thats not going to happen is it? Although its much more harmful to the game!

This isnt a game about winning.

If you cant lose gracefully, this isnt the game for you.

You are so out of touch it's actually painful to see. THEY RECRUIT EXPERIENCED PLAYERS BEFORE THEY JOINED THE WORLD WITH THE ONLY PURPOSE TO ABUSE THIS MECHANIC. That's not 'joining the enemy', that's intentionally abusing a mechanic which shouldn't be there.

Also 'This isn't a game about winning'... Dude, it's tribal WARS. You're supposed to fight and go for the win. It's a competitive game. If you can't accept people play to win, since that's the point of the game, this isn't the game for YOU.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I agree with sophie.

let's just put a picture of how w111 looks currently into this chat, the picture alone should invalidate your statements.

0f161d39ad08084d1589de4ac254345d.png

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
For a realistic view of what an 180 day world looks like today, this is 112

tribes_world_en112_GMIXWU.png

If you seriously believe an ACTUAL new player who joins a world like that has anything on beginner protection besides the delayed death, you are delusional.

Like I, and several others have stated, the ONLY way BPR is used right now is if let's say Cicada (SouthEast) would ask an experienced player to join in the NorthEast rim, boost him with resources and stacks BEHIND ENEMY LINES, allowing him to pp up and be a thorn in the side of the enemy tribe by locking down DEF where it shouldn't have to be. This is not intended behavior and breaks the integrity of the game. It's one thing creating a deathstar the normal way, but a deathstar doesn't have BPR.

Deleted User - 11549951

I think you guys are still noobies if you cant manage that

and cicada is mostly made up of noobies too from what my more known friends in NET. server tell me.

I am dealing with the same in casual8.

happy to wait 9 months to noble the guy, especially given he is sending insults to my tribemates.

you guys however, seem to be afraid instead of accepting the challenge.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Dont really think über would make BPR harder to abuse since the player can just jump to that tribe and get the support?

über causes all the player's outside support to leave when they leave the tribe, and if any outside support arrives while they aren't in the same tribe, it goes home as well. you're thinking about the "no outside tribe support" mode which is currently on 112. we wish it was uber.

and if the player doesn't want their backline exploited, they should noble all the barbs there, that will prevent anyone from gaining a foothold back there.

Deleted User - 11549951

über causes all the player's outside support to leave when they leave the tribe, and if any outside support arrives while they aren't in the same tribe, it goes home as well. you're thinking about the "no outside tribe support" mode which is currently on 112. we wish it was uber.

and if the player doesn't want their backline exploited, they should noble all the barbs there, that will prevent anyone from gaining a foothold back there.

exactly what we did in cas8 - although it wasn't my idea.

This is a game where you succeed by identifying patterns and breaches and so if someone finds one, i can't hate on them, especially since in the beggining, there were no advantages to premium points for the first 2/3 months of a game and so if someone found a tactic to avoid that plain level of field, we learned from them instead of changing the settings.

Thanks for calling me outdated Sophie!
I've heard you're old enough to be my Mother.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think you guys are still noobies if you cant manage that

and cicada is mostly made up of noobies too from what my more known friends in NET. server tell me.

I am dealing with the same in casual8.

happy to wait 9 months to noble the guy, especially given he is sending insults to my tribemates.

you guys however, seem to be afraid instead of accepting the challenge.

The fact you use casual experience to flex says enough, where everything is in a perpetual BPR situation cause of the point lock. We can manage that, it just shouldn't be a thing. End of story. Go be condescending on PT, clearly you have a superiority complex.

Deleted User - 11549951

Who said im using casual experience to flex?
I think you said it Sophie.

No superiority complex here Sophie.
Somoene did you in and you cant get over it. instead of learning or doing the same to your enemies next time, you would rather change the settings in order to make this tactic unnactable.

Sophie, Your mother should have taught you better education.
Is this how you usually speak or are you angry?
Check yourself beacause although you are old enough to be my mother, i would never have guessed so judging by your demeanour.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Who said im using casual experience to flex?
I think you said it Sophie.

No superiority complex here Sophie.
Somoene did you in and you cant get over it. instead of learning or doing the same to your enemies next time, you would rather change the settings in order to make this tactic unnactable.

Sophie, Your mother should have taught you better education.
Is this how you usually speak or are you angry?
Check yourself beacause although you are old enough to be my mother, i would never have guessed so judging by your demeanour.

1) Nobody ever did this to me, in fact, I reached endgame on about every world I play on .net. Just cause something doesn't happen to me doesn't mean I can't agree with a suggested rulechange to prevent abuse.
2) you literally ARE using casual experience to validate your point, which makes 0 difference, since casual is a completely different playstyle. People HAVE to noble all the barbs on a world like that since they have no other targets at time due to the point block.
3) This isn't a strategy, this is something that shouldn't be a thing. If you think people should have a way to gain an UNATTACKABLE foothold behind enemy lines, which they CAN attack from, again, you're trying to abuse something that is not counterable, besides leaving defense in a location that should never have been in a situation like that in the first place.

I'm not angry, I'm just tired of you having the guts to call people who have plenty of experience 'noobs who can't manage', just cause they disagree with your opinion. Settings like this have no place in an endgame world that isn't casual.

Also, I guess I AM old enough to be your mother. Since I'm 27, that would make you 9 (at most), and that's about the age I would have guessed you are with all your replies up till here.

Deleted User - 11549951

So you come in to decide what should be a thing and what isn't and somehow your hypocrisy didn't point itself out?

My experience in casual is like any other world. People play it because they want to, they saw the settings and they liked it.
Can I still attack people? Yes, I crash my offense for others to conquer.

I believe these implementations will cause less people to play this game, regardless of what you think should b or shouldn't.

Furthermore, it isn't uncommon for a 10/11 yr old to give birth thus making me 17 years of age if we are to use your childish behavior to discuss this matter.
Please refer to your education when speaking with me or you will receive the same rethoric you present to me

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Actually, I disagree with the above lines of argument (or singling out a specific tribe for personal reasons on a more general suggestion).

If a player reaches out and wants to make a go of a world, why can't they join a world and be stacked by friends to give them the chance to grow and join a tribe down the line? That seems like a fair strategy making use of the game settings to me.

I agree with the idea being presented (I believe I voted for it) but I don't agree with the opinions shared above