Reviving this Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi guys.
So I've noticed that this world forum is not nearly as active as some of the others, and while this is to be expected from an older world, I still believe things can be done to make W22 a fun place to be again. When I posted my mod intro thread, it got quite a few responses - this shows that if something interesting were to happen, people would respond and the activity levels could rise again.

Some of my ideas:

- Start doing weekly polls.
- Start <Tribe> vs <Tribe> comparison threads (not declarations, just threads where differences between tribes and their leadership can be discussed).
- Perhaps start an election-type-thing for 'Best Forum Personality', 'Best IG Player' etc.

I am more than willing to put some time and effort into bringing activity back to this forum, but as I am not a player of this world (and need to remain objective), there is only so much I can do. I know there are a few of you that are really active, and I think if you took some initiative, the community would really appreciate it.

Discuss this here. Post ideas if you have any.

AndyJc

The awards thing (best player etc) worked well before.

Tribe vs Tribe would have a very limited shelf life though tbh considering theres only really 5 or 6 big tribes left and theres 8 less than 5 man tribes in the top 20. Although would be interesting to see what people in the big tribes think of us loners.

What always killed the forums before was the banning of one or two of the big posters (normally Lewder).

DeletedUser

Ultimately its all about retaining what we have left, at this point there's nobody really new coming into the community (aside from our new mod and randoms who disappear within a week or two).

Ultimately the dchogs incident stabbed the forum in the face, and its just been a slow decline since. Really my pointless forum trains and crazy spamming (something which I can't afford) were what kept the forum interesting, and when that went for a long time, in combination with several events IG and the arrival of the summer, the forum did a bellyflop.

I think this forum just needs more posting/more argument bait.

darkaniken2

Sorry to say it, but these forums are dead. Every once in awhile a flame war will break out, but there are too fre lleft with an interest in them anymore.

DeletedUser

Sorry to say it, but these forums are dead. Every once in awhile a flame war will break out, but there are too fre lleft with an interest in them anymore.

Mine and lewders flame wars used to be fun way back then. but then again i was hated by most of the world forum then after the ~I~ war. so i got into loads of flame wars them were the days :lol:

DeletedUser

Hey my flame wars were also fun...too bad i lost most of them :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Ok so. Let's do a poll first :) The format of a poll likes this

<Which of the following blah blah blah?>
3. etc.

I don't know enough about this world to make the poll interesting and inviting, but those few of you that actually do post might. Any ideas?

AndyJc

How about which of the 3 newish tribes is most likely to succeed?

NN
BRKDA
or .:IE:.

x2dezjohn

How about which of the 3 newish tribes is most likely to succeed?

NN
BRKDA
or .:IE:.

think that ones kinda easy

BRKDA

how about doing 1v1 wars not ig but just who people believe would win like before

DeletedUser

think that ones kinda easy

BRKDA

how about doing 1v1 wars not ig but just who people believe would win like before

Hmm. We could call it 'Hypothetical Wars' and since there are so few tribes, we could perhaps pick two players and compare them side by side and argue who would win?

AndyJc

I like that idea,

I was also thinking of doing the interview with world figures thing again?

darkaniken2

We could have a debate compition like we did on W42. But we'd need mod approval for topics, we'd need judges, and we'd need participants. :D

DeletedUser

I'll approve, I can ask some friends to judge aaand then the rest of you will just have to stop being lazy and start debating stuffs :p

DeletedUser

Two people debate, and the judges decide who wins. The winner moves onto the next round.

We probably don't have enough people for that. Perhaps not so much a competition as an event? People put down their names if they want to debate, and then they are assigned to topics. Be it their own tribe they're in favour of or not, they'll have to do their best to prove the point. Then the judges decide which side wins (and not which person in particular).

DeletedUser

It would take some effort to arrange and to get people into it. But it could help brighten things up again.

DeletedUser79609

Hmm. We could call it 'Hypothetical Wars' and since there are so few tribes, we could perhaps pick two players and compare them side by side and argue who would win?

We could give some smaller players some forum publicity through this too, not just the hotshots :)

DeletedUser54315

We probably don't have enough people for that. Perhaps not so much a competition as an event? People put down their names if they want to debate, and then they are assigned to topics. Be it their own tribe they're in favour of or not, they'll have to do their best to prove the point. Then the judges decide which side wins (and not which person in particular).

So a mass debate then? Sorry someone had to say it! I am always up for an argument

Status
Not open for further replies.