Ronin; The Art of Betrayal & Desertion

DeletedUser

Loyalty is to both the tribe and leader. Without a great leader, the members will not be loyal to the tribe. To some people, the leader is what makes the tribe.

DeletedUser

@Kriid; Who said they had to be loyal to you? They should have been loyal to MANIC, but barring that, they should have been loyal to Storm. Not some figurehead.

DeletedUser

Loyalty is to both the tribe and leader. Without a great leader, the members will not be loyal to the tribe. To some people, the leader is what makes the tribe.

Sure, a leader is important. Like how a good sauce makes any stir-fry better. But you like the stir-fry, and not the sauce.

How can one man, any one man claim to be equal to a tribe (in 'value')? Does that mean you all hit delete when Wizdom quit? If not; why not?

Following a leader, instead of a tribe, is foolishness in my opinion. You might get drawn to the tribe because of the leader, but you'd be a right idiot if the leader is all you stay in the tribe for.

DeletedUser

Sure, a leader is important. Like how a good sauce makes any stir-fry better. But you like the stir-fry, and not the sauce.

How can one man, any one man claim to be equal to a tribe (in 'value')? Does that mean you all hit delete when Wizdom quit? If not; why not?

Following a leader, instead of a tribe, is foolishness in my opinion. You might get drawn to the tribe because of the leader, but you'd be a right idiot if the leader is all you stay in the tribe for.

+1

Honestly.. i compare this game in so many ways to real life events .. or how things used to be back in the simular era... Great leaders were born and great leaders did fall, and although there was not always another great leader right after, the civ or tribe always or in most cases pushed through the bad times until a new replacment was made.

Think about your countries president or what ever.. if he/she died.. yoru country would not all die.. they would be ran by the next in line. Now, the next in line may not have the same ideas.. nor do as well with the public eyes as the old but non the less the country strugles on.

Those who do follow a leader and not the tribe never really followed that leader. Most leaders want their tribe's name and legacy to carry on.. not die with them.

DeletedUser

So I agree with what you're saying Rukoh, that members should follow the tribe and not one leader. Sadly, this isn't the case in S²ORMe. Much to Deus' pleasure, I'm sure, S²ORMe's "hugging" ways are what got them into this mess in the first place. Since most of S²ORMe's recruit came from old tribes, those members were still loyal to those tribes rather than S²ORMe. Instead of allowing a handful of members to come to S²ORMe, we let nearly half a tribe (V-V-V, Manic) in as they were. So instead of being a tribe full of members with a long history together, we were formed from several different clusters of members with their own separate history. Kinda hard to find the chemistry together that a tribe like Deus would have.

On the other side of the coin, you could compare Deus to a tribe like ESL. A tribe built on fewer members, but members that had that special chemistry together. So at this point it's a race between the inactivity that killed ESL, or the lack of tribal cohesion that S²ORMe is having issues with.

Based on what I've seen from Kriid and the members loyal to S²ORMe, I'm putting my money on S²ORMe.

That is, until I recreate V-V-V and see who'll follow me :lol:

DeletedUser

ESL during Lokinder, I should hope. :icon_wink:

What would RONIN be, however? COTI?

=RedFox=

Its funny how people interpret things. Storm members are posting that my OP is completely wrong.
I've since spoken on skype with a couple and asked what they disagree with and this is the point they have issue with:

~ Succumbed to the combination of external pressure from Deus and internal strife within Storm. Creating a rift that almost, and very probably will lead to the downfall of the tribe; Storm. *It did, however, lead to their tribe-leaders deletion in disgust

Ok, I accept most of these players are so far away from us that and we have not conducted ops on them. And, that Deus was not a major factor (I never said it was.) Yet, it is still a factor. From what I know (and what has been recently posted) a lot of the internal strife was about suspicion of spies. Therefore, the war is a factor, albeit a small one.
So, playing down those few words in that point. The rest of the post still stands.
~These people have heavily influenced the split and downfall of their tribes.
~ They base their decisions on their own self-interests, not the greater interests of the aforementioned tribes.
~ They are untrustworthy and disloyal.
~ They will flip-flop on a whim; no sense of honour.

Fair enough Storm, you disagree with part of one point I made, thats to be accepted, after all this is pnp. But, that is not cause to completely discount the other 99% of what I was saying.

Ronin; a group of people that will betray you at a moments notice. A group of people that will desert you when the chips are down.

Their actions of the past 12 months leave very little to be proud about

deadsocks

Side 1:
Tribes: Deus

Side 2:
Tribes: RONIN

Timeframe: Last week
Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 71
Side 2: 8
Difference: 63

I'm not convinced this war is real. Southern Deus is largely inactive; Ronin have some of the most active players in the world at their beck and call.
Why wouldn't MANIC, I mean Ronin, launch an op at the same time they declared? Where is all the expected short-range nobling that you get along any frontline?
Well. Maybe they're concentrating on Hyper, or =TTD=?

Side 1:
Tribes: HYPER =TTD= Deus

Side 2:

Side 1: 104
Side 2: 13
Difference: 91

I will be expecting better soon.

Oh, and =RedFox=, don't you remember Love Hina? Ronin can also be a student who failed his entrance exams. :D

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: Deus

Side 2:

Side 1: 71
Side 2: 8
Difference: 63

I'm not convinced this war is real. Southern Deus is largely inactive; Ronin have some of the most active players in the world at their beck and call.
Why wouldn't MANIC, I mean Ronin, launch an op at the same time they declared? Where is all the expected short-range nobling that you get along any frontline?
Well. Maybe they're concentrating on Hyper, or =TTD=?

Side 1:
Tribes: HYPER =TTD= Deus

Side 2:

Side 1: 104
Side 2: 13
Difference: 91

I will be expecting better soon.

Oh, and =RedFox=, don't you remember Love Hina? Ronin can also be a student who failed his entrance exams. :D

maybe i have an answer to this.deus never officially declared on ronin but they were attacking ronin even before this declaration came.
so ronin had little or no choice.
die at hands of deus or declare and die at the hands of deus,they preferred to do it the other way.atleast that gave them some recognition on the public forums.
:)

DeletedUser

@Kriid; Who said they had to be loyal to you? They should have been loyal to MANIC, but barring that, they should have been loyal to Storm. Not some figurehead.

I cannot fully agree,but I for sure see oyur point now,and in all honestly,Im unable to counter it,and ive defended them enought,It should be there job to do that:lol:

The Great 1One1

If most of my friends leave the tribe and play in another, I would find it less enjoyable than before. We, all of us, play this game to enjoy ourselves, and playing with friends is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game. If the leader quits, then you get on with it. In this case, if Wiz wanted to leave S²ORM for another tribe, as opposed to deleting, and asked several of us to join, I would see what my friends think and go with them.

I believe this is the case for most of Ronin. There were some good guys who went to Ronin, and were genuinely disappointed with the split. Of course, I know of a few guys that jumped when they thought they saw a sinking ship in S²ORM. Ronin can have them, they are of no use to us. When the chips are down, they shouldn't be surprised if those very same deserters will desert them next time.

The likes of us, Deus, Res, =TTD= have all acquired strong stability between the tribe members. I include S²ORM in this, because the members that are still here....are still here. We stick together and we work for each other, not ourselves. So yeah, the four aformentioned tribes are solid with members really used to each other now. Ronin are still in that period where they can't 100% look to the guy on the right and tell if he/she is going to be there when they need them most.

DeletedUser

That's what Wiz always said too, Holla. :lol:

I believe wIz's argument and mine are entirely different. He was defending his family tribe of 200 members, some more loyal than others. My argument is that we're now compromised primarily of loyal members, unlike before.

I guess next time I'll not only bold the important words, but I'll underline them too. Just for you, Rukoh :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I meant the 'can't compete with low membercounts' part, actually.

fadarofthedarkblade

As soon as i saw it i deleted :D and i followed wiz to world 49 :D hows that for following the leader

ps side note(im there to noble him :p not going to happen but none the less :D)

DeletedUser

True, with a mere 69 loyal members, how could we ever compete with tribes that have 64 or 66 members (Deus/=TTD=)? It just can't be done :icon_rolleyes:

DLV has 66 as well :icon_twisted: hahahah