Signature Making Guide: For PS Users!!!

DeletedUser

Bad tuts imo. But I appreciate the work you put into compiling this.

the real rasputin

Dolton.

Go to OT
Post a thread asking who is Dolton
???
Profit

He's the guy who made this:

Killzone_Signature_by_dolton5.png

Gosh Napoleon.

DeletedUser

How come most of these tutorials have "DO NOT RIP" on them, and yet you rip, and yet this is STICKY?!?!? Even though most of you don't think hotlinking tutorials is bad, the people that created the tutorials think so.

DO NOT RIP in fontsize 72 in the tutorials should be enough proof.

And what do you mean with you making the "guide"? "Signature making guide by -DA-"? A guide, in form of a lot of ripped sigs. Oh joy.

You should be banned for this.

edit:
With love and care, Solrock/BBoF from .co.uk

the real rasputin

How come most of these tutorials have "DO NOT RIP" on them, and yet you rip, and yet this is STICKY?!?!? Even though most of you don't think hotlinking tutorials is bad, the people that created the tutorials think so.

DO NOT RIP in fontsize 72 in the tutorials should be enough proof.

And what do you mean with you making the "guide"? "Signature making guide by -DA-"? A guide, in form of a lot of ripped sigs. Oh joy.

You should be banned for this.

edit:
With love and care, Solrock/BBoF from .co.uk

lol with love and care? Do you honestly think he should be banned for something so trivial?

I actually didn't notice it said it, so yeah, that is pretty bad. But, worst case scenario, he should have to take them down. A ban is completely misproportional my friend.

DeletedUser

TBH, AS long as DA does not claim as his own, is fine. If he said, i made these and airbrushed the no rip out, that would be bad..

the real rasputin

TBH, AS long as DA does not claim as his own, is fine. If he said, i made these and airbrushed the no rip out, that would be bad..

Yarr, ripping and hotlinking are two different things. Why does nobody get that? And why is everybody making ripping accusations now when they don't even seem to know what ripping is?

Gosh Napoleon.

DeletedUser45021

Ok guys settle down, I'll change the title but I see no problem with this thread. DA never claimed these as his own, so why freak out over nothing.

DeletedUser

actually...DA isn't hotlinking. Hes directly embedding the images. This stops people from going to the site of origin, which is bad imo.

Post LINKS, not EMBED YOUR IMAGE.

And lots of tuts say stuff like "made for <site>" or "only to be found @ <site>, if found elsewhere email <email>"

Even though these guys don't put those warnings, I'm sure they mean it.

At least respect their intentions...as they made the tut for the site they are advertising...so just link to the thread, but dont embed.

DeletedUser45021

K drop the topic... problem solved, bla bla bla. No need to go on with this topic -.-

DeletedUser

K drop the topic... problem solved, bla bla bla. No need to go on with this topic -.-

-.- Problem not solved. Did j00 not read my post? :s

Remove the images and just make them links. :icon_neutral:

the real rasputin

And lots of tuts say stuff like "made for <site>" or "only to be found @ <site>, if found elsewhere email <email>"

Even though these guys don't put those warnings, I'm sure they mean it.

Doesn't really matter if they meant it...if they didn't write it, it doesn't apply. Claiming to know somebody's intentions is a little absurd.

DeletedUser

Many tut authors forget to put ANTI-RIP on their tuts...does that mean we should assume it's okay to rip?

Claiming to know someone's intentions without any knowledge about them or the scenario is absurd...otherwise its called an educated guess. I know he's a sig maker. I know most other sig makers show that disclaimer...so I make the assumption that he probably just neglected the need to do so, as he thought it would be common sense.

the real rasputin

Many tut authors forget to put ANTI-RIP on their tuts...does that mean we should assume it's okay to rip?

Claiming to know someone's intentions without any knowledge about them or the scenario is absurd...otherwise its called an educated guess. I know he's a sig maker. I know most other sig makers show that disclaimer...so I make the assumption that he probably just neglected the need to do so, as he thought it would be common sense.

Let's put out another educated guess then. I know that people make tuts to share them. They want to educate people on sig making. So, probably, he didn't forget: it was intentional. Just another educated guess from an opposing perspective. However, we can't make assumptions based on guesses. Anti-rip means 'don't claim it's yours', not 'don't post this anywhere else.' So please, for the love of God, please stop calling it ripping. Unless it's exclusively stated that he can't do something, there can be no action made against him for doing it. If it worked the other way, we could be prosecuted for things which aren't exclusively stated in the criminal code. Argue all you want, but if he didn't say you can't post this anywhere else, then this guy's in the clear.

Last edited:

Tillyboy

Let's put out another educated guess then. I know that people make tuts to share them. They want to educate people on sig making. So, probably, he didn't forget: it was intentional. Just another educated guess from an opposing perspective. However, we can't make assumptions based on guesses. Anti-rip means 'don't claim it's yours', not 'don't post this anywhere else.' So please, for the love of God, please stop calling it ripping. Unless it's exclusively stated that he can't do something, there can be no action made against him for doing it. If it worked the other way, we could be prosecuted for things which aren't exclusively stated in the criminal code. Argue all you want, but if he didn't say you can't post this anywhere else, then this guy's in the clear.

Actually, Ripping does include embedding it without permission.

I have done it before, the guy ended up finding out, twas not fun.

DeletedUser

The people who made the tutorials in the first post said themselves that it should not be publiced the way it's being now. If you seriously think this graphics forum is gonna go somewhere, you gotta stop breaking COPYRIGHT LAWS.

The signatures are for educational purposes, yes, but if the makers don't want them here, they should not be here.

On most common GFX sites (Planetrenders, dA ...) the basic rules are; if you don't get explict permission to repost, DON'T freaking REPOST.

If YOU don't see what's wrong with it, that's your thing. The MAKERS decide. Now remove the images (like Tillyboy said) or get explict permission from the owners to repost.

And yes, I think people should get banned for things like this, because it's breaking the COPYRIGHT LAWS.

With love and care, Solrock.

the real rasputin

The people who made the tutorials in the first post said themselves that it should not be publiced the way it's being now. If you seriously think this graphics forum is gonna go somewhere, you gotta stop breaking COPYRIGHT LAWS.

The signatures are for educational purposes, yes, but if the makers don't want them here, they should not be here.

On most common GFX sites (Planetrenders, dA ...) the basic rules are; if you don't get explict permission to repost, DON'T freaking REPOST.

If YOU don't see what's wrong with it, that's your thing. The MAKERS decide. Now remove the images (like Tillyboy said) or get explict permission from the owners to repost.

dA uses a creative commons license for all work submitted, hence the distribution laws. I'm dropping this, though. Getting too heated for me. I would suggest adding links to the tutorials rather than posting the tutorials themselves. Just edit the first post. Then this will all be cleared up.

Last edited: