Situation in Ukraine

Asylum Escapee

So I made this thread to discuss the situation in Ukraine. Essentially this is how I see it:

- Yankovich decides not to go for EU integration, because Russia is offering more assistance, and for other reasons.
- There are protests.
- Protests are escalated, and violence is used on both sides.
- Yankovich is thrown out and protesters take power
- Eastern Ukraine is enraged at the deposing of the leader that they mostly voted into office(election was probably fair)
- Russia begins mobilizing troops at its borders(nobody bats an eye, it is reasonable to do so when bordering a wildly destabilizing country)
- Pro-Russian protesters seize power in Crimea and other cities in Eastern Ukraine
- Some kind of independent government in Crimea allegedly calls on Russia to help them
- Russia stations army on Ukrainian soil
- Russia allegedly demands Ukraine surrender bases by Tuesday 3:00 GMT

Blatant power grab, peacemaking mission, or something in between?

Asylum Escapee

It seems the 03:00 deadline has passed and nothing has happened yet.

Asylum Escapee

nice map, but Id like to add that Russia hasn't officially made any such ultimatum, and have denied doing so. And now that the time has passed without anything happening, I wonder if it was just an overzealous commander, or if they secretly backed down?

DeletedUser59586

19c35oidyf35igif.gif

DeletedUser

Crimea secedes from the Ukraine, joins Russia.

Nothing else happens, bar some posturing on either side.

DeletedUser

My guess:
Russia needles Ukraine into taking back Crimea.
Russia valiantly defends Crimea.
Ukraine gets taken by Russia.
Russia appeases international community by saying Ukraine started it.
Stuff happens in Poland.

All that hinges on Ukraine trying to take back Crimea, though, and they'll probably be too afraid of Russia to do it.

DeletedUser59586

Nah it's ok Putin wouldn't want to get into any fight he could lose.

Which is why we're all doomed.

Asylum Escapee

oh i got negative rep. kind of odd how it counted but the last 10 positive ones didnt. I think the system is broken if the peasantry can't even pay their dues to the great asylum, but some ragamuffin can varnish my good name with impunity.

DeletedUser59586

Uncouth plebians seeking to overthrow the OT republic through use of our glorious circlejerk rep system!?

I'm getting on the phone to Putin, he'll know how to sort these riotous vagabonds out.

And I agree, the rep market needs more freedom, my rep growth has stagnated due to me being part of the 1% for OT rep parity, due to the systems constraints I am unable to recieve donations from charitable followers of my cult of personality! It's really quite ridiculous how my rep stagnates because of my unwillingness to share any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser59586

Cougarbrit User has a spectacular aura about-

About what? About my divine person? My glorious features that remain a bastion of tasteful frivolity? My slender girth that inspires envy in the eyes of womenfolk?

This rep system is officially broken, it can't even finish praising me anymore! It just falters from the shock of how awesome I am. It is unacceptable, that is behaviour I expect of the plebians, not the system designed to reinforce my rule will upon the people cult following public-given right to be superior.

Asylum Escapee

silver's vote seems to be worth a whopping 7 rep points. At the very least, let the peasantry contribute a measly 1 rep to the total of the mighty gods that are OT

DeletedUser

If we bring you down far enough, our positive rep will be worth something to you again.

Asylum Escapee

implying its possible for myself to be brought down to the level of you mortals