Reaction score
talk all the trash u like
if these pre marged tribes happen of previous repute land
kiss yr ass goodbye

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Aggression is most profitable before people have full defense villages:

You can make 60 rams (level 2 workshop), 462 lc (20 stable), 842 axes (25 barracks) in 1 day.

Alternatively you can make 231 hc and 1093 spears (I guess you can make cats too, but virtually no one does this on a non-pally weapon world, not as a means of defense anyway).

Offense wins after one day if wall is level 13 or lower. Sims below:

Attacker Units: 0 0 842 0 462 0 60 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 842 0 462 0 60 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 1093 0 0 0 0 231 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 728 0 0 0 0 154 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams:The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 18

Attacker Units: 0 0 842 0 462 0 60 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 772 0 424 0 55 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 1093 0 0 0 0 231 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 1093 0 0 0 0 231 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 13 to level 8

Double troopcounts on both sides

Attacker Units: 0 0 1684 0 924 0 120 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 1684 0 924 0 120 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 2186 0 0 0 0 462 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 1634 0 0 0 0 345 0 0 0 0 0 150.700
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 16

Increased ram count means offense now wins at even higher wall levels.

Attacker Units: 0 0 1684 0 924 0 120 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 1537 0 844 0 110 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 2186 0 0 0 0 462 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2186 0 0 0 0 462 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 16 to level 8

Three days in:

Attacker Units: 0 0 2526 0 1386 0 180 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 2432 0 1334 0 173 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 3279 0 0 0 0 693 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 3279 0 0 0 0 693 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 18 to level 8

Once again increased rams extends offenses superiority.

Attacker Units: 0 0 2526 0 1386 0 180 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 2526 0 1386 0 180 0 0 0 0
Defender Units: 3279 0 0 0 0 693 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2892 0 0 0 0 611 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 13

Day 4

Attacker Units: 0 0 3368 0 1848 0 213 0 0 0 0 496.980 328.440 639.320 11.825
Losses: 0 0 3368 0 1848 0 213 0 0 0 0 496.980 328.440 639.320 11.825
Defender Units: 4372 0 0 0 0 924 0 0 0 0 0 403.400 269.760 598.120 9.916
Losses: 4303 0 0 0 0 909 0 0 0 0 0 396.950 265.440 588.430 9.757
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 11

Offense officially wins vs. a level 20 wall even due to 213 rams.

That's vs. a weak (yet time-efficient) sp/hc defense. Against a sp/sw defense it'd be far more lopsided. Offense continues to hold an edge over defense until the offensive player maxes out their farm, at which point the defender being to close the gap and eventually overtakes the attacker.

It is absolutely optimal to attack threats early before they can obtain maxed out defensive villages.

Last edited:

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I'm not talking about fun, I'm talking about effectiveness. Early world is the stage which it is most effective to eliminate threats

I think thats actually subjective. I mean the main reason (as far as i understand it) why you would war early is primarily to remove a possible future threat is that correct? As some have stated they want to remove a 'future powerhouse'. In that specific situation you could say that an early game war is a necessary evil because you feel that is the only option available to you in order to maximize your long term potential for success. I mean i can understand why people might think that and again thats an acceptable philosophy in many games/walks of life etc.

But heres the thing, thats not always the case in TW.

My philosophy here is if you're afraid of someone beating you in the late-game or long term then you should rather than try a desperate gamble to even the odds, attempt to improve yourself as a player to the point where the chances of them beating you in the long-run are much diminished. If i was in the position (and i was when i started) where i hadnt got a clue at certain points of the game then i would just do it, learn, repeat, improve and overcome the situation. In this case my suggestion would be to people who are concerned about people beating them in the long run would be:

1) Get to the mid-game by any means necessary
2) Do the absolute best you can to beat your opponent at their top/preferred level
3) Lose
4) Take what you have learnt and start again on the next world. Except now you are stronger and more capable and next time the fight wont be as one-sided.

This is exactly what i did to get to the position i am now. I can confidently say that i can beat 99.99% of people in this game when it comes to frontline wars at any stage of the game. Did i start off like this? No i didnt. I took over accounts on various worlds and did my best and i learnt from my mistakes and i kept on coming back and deliberately putting myself in the position. By repeatedly putting myself into difficult positions i learnt/adapted/overcame the obstacles (tnx grylls). My early game is not my strong point. If i wanted to improve it then i would stop playing my current worlds and do start-up in every single world until i got better at it and could consistently dominate at it.

If you're concerned about mid-late game then you should be focusing on getting to the mid-late game and improving your skills for the future rather than avoiding it. This leads to better development of yourself as a player and leads to long-term success. The most effective way to eliminate threats is to match them on an equal footing and then destroy them. There is no shame in losing, the only shame is not trying.

DeletedUser80720

I think thats actually subjective. I mean the main reason (as far as i understand it) why you would war early is primarily to remove a possible future threat is that correct? As some have stated they want to remove a 'future powerhouse'. In that specific situation you could say that an early game war is a necessary evil because you feel that is the only option available to you in order to maximize your long term potential for success. I mean i can understand why people might think that and again thats an acceptable philosophy in many games/walks of life etc.

But heres the thing, thats not always the case in TW.

My philosophy here is if you're afraid of someone beating you in the late-game or long term then you should rather than try a desperate gamble to even the odds, attempt to improve yourself as a player to the point where the chances of them beating you in the long-run are much diminished. If i was in the position (and i was when i started) where i hadnt got a clue at certain points of the game then i would just do it, learn, repeat, improve and overcome the situation. In this case my suggestion would be to people who are concerned about people beating them in the long run would be:

1) Get to the mid-game by any means necessary
2) Do the absolute best you can to beat your opponent at their top/preferred level
3) Lose
4) Take what you have learnt and start again on the next world. Except now you are stronger and more capable and next time the fight wont be as one-sided.

This is exactly what i did to get to the position i am now. I can confidently say that i can beat 99.99% of people in this game when it comes to frontline wars at any stage of the game. Did i start off like this? No i didnt. I took over accounts on various worlds and did my best and i learnt from my mistakes and i kept on coming back and deliberately putting myself in the position. By repeatedly putting myself into difficult positions i learnt/adapted/overcame the obstacles (tnx grylls). My early game is not my strong point. If i wanted to improve it then i would stop playing my current worlds and do start-up in every single world until i got better at it and could consistently dominate at it.

If you're concerned about mid-late game then you should be focusing on getting to the mid-late game and improving your skills for the future rather than avoiding it. This leads to better development of yourself as a player and leads to long-term success. The most effective way to eliminate threats is to match them on an equal footing and then destroy them. There is no shame in losing, the only shame is not trying.
what i find funny is the fact that you always think your right when you never are
if you think waiting until mid game before taking out your biggest threat is the smartest decision then you are stupid

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
what i find funny is the fact that you always think your right when you never are
if you think waiting until mid game before taking out your biggest threat is the smartest decision then you are stupid

Alright sir-losealot jog on this post was for people who want to improve at the game not wallow in their status as the biggest failure in TW history

DeletedUser118986

Please tell me. How do you win the world since no one else here seems to know much about how to win according to you. I would love to hear from the experts about how a world is won.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

You're making strawman arguments. I don't consider it a necessary evil. I consider it the most effective way to win a war.

It's not that it's the only option, it's the best option. Later on wars take much longer, they're slow affairs with incremental victories that are measured in inches along the way. Early wars are decisive affairs, not long drawn out near-stalemates.

You're repeatedly taking the stance that anyone that thinks early wars are effective is a bad player incapable of any other form of victory.

W32 Hate. is still considered one of the most dominant tribes ever. They were a premade that left BP rank 1 and held rank 1 from then till the world ended. They launched cat ops on the rank 2 tribe before nobles were out, ensuring they beat the rank 2 tribe (iP.) to nobles, once they did so they rimmed the largest members of the rank 2 tribe and continued to cat anyone in said tribe that got near academy if they lacked the nobles to rim them instead. The rank 2 tribe waved the white flag and its remaining members restarted on the rim.

Hate. didn't war iP. early because it was the only way they could win. They warred them early because it was the easiest way to win and rather than stunting their growth it in fact accelerated it by allowing them to noble much larger targets than could be found elsewhere.

Last edited:

DeletedUser80720

You're making strawman arguments. I don't consider it a necessary evil. I consider it the most effective way to win a war.

It's not that it's the only option, it's the best option. Later on wars take much longer, they're slow affairs with incremental victories that are measured in inches along the way. Early wars are decisive affairs, not long drawn out near-stalemates.
im not sure why your still trying to explain it hes not gonna accept the fact early wars are the most beneficial if done right after all hes some kind of know it all

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
I'll leave you guys to it, enjoy circle jerking and stay sharp in the 'vital early game wars'. I'll keep racking up the world wins with my long-term strategies while you have funsies time.

ps. this is an Ad hominem attack, the last one doesnt qualify

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'll leave you guys to it, enjoy circle jerking and stay sharp in the 'vital early game wars'. I'll keep racking up the world wins with my long-term strategies while you have funsies time

Yeah, I'm sure Hate.'s strategy was super short-term, totally explains why they won the world.

The only thing you're actually convincing anyone of is that you're too shit at startup to pull it off yourself and prefer to proclaim it can't be done properly rather than acknowledge your own inadequacies.

It's also pretty damn funny to try calling me and Cornish a circle jerk. Cornish does not like me, and never has, the reason he's agreeing with me is because he believes I am right.

DeletedUser80720

minty is just salty that he sucks at start up which is why 99% of worlds he joins accounts that are already in the mid game phase

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure Hate.'s strategy was super short-term, totally explains why they won the world.

The only thing you're actually convincing anyone of is that you're too shit at startup to pull it off yourself and prefer to proclaim it can't be done properly rather than acknowledge your own inadequacies.

It's also pretty damn funny to try calling me and Cornish a circle jerk. Cornish does not like me, and never has, the reason he's agreeing with me is because he believes I am right.

Funny thing is I've actually won 100% of my startups. Here is my history:

W57 - won from startup
W80 - won from taking over account late-game
W84 - won from startup
W88 - won from startup
W89 - lost from taking over account mid-game
W93 - Lost from taking over an account late-game
W94 - I did start-up then quit then came back and took over an account and won from mid-game
W95 - Won from startup
W97 - Barely playing but hey doing alright so far you think?

Remind me again how many worlds you the startup king have won? The guy better than 99.999998% of players? I'll be generous and let you and martin add yours together and see how you stand.

Also adding the argument "Sir cornish believes im right" is possibly the worst one you could have made lol

DeletedUser80720

Funny thing is I've actually won 100% of my startups. Here is my history:

W57 - won from startup
W80 - won from taking over account late-game
W84 - won from startup
W88 - won from startup
W89 - lost from taking over account mid-game
W93 - Lost from taking over an account late-game
W94 - I did start-up then quit then came back and took over an account and won from mid-game
W95 - Won from startup
W97 - Barely playing but hey doing alright so far you think?

Remind me again how many worlds you the startup king have won? The guy better than 99.999998% of players? I'll be generous and let you and martin add yours together and see how you stand.

Also adding the argument "Sir cornish believes im right" is possibly the worst one you could have made lol
i disappeared from .net for over 5 years and everyone are well aware i normally only enjoy start up i find anything past mid game nothing more then boring. not because im bad at it but because its boring

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
i disappeared from .net for over 5 years and everyone are well aware i normally only enjoy start up i find anything past mid game nothing more then boring. Because im bad at it

Fixed that for you

Wasnt it world 93 that you got your main nobled a month in because you tagged a train as swords and then tried to blame the attacker for 'speed unit hacking'? Pretty sure you got rimmed on w88 as well during the early game unless you consider tribes at 1-3m points to be mid-game

DeletedUser80720

Fixed that for you

Wasnt it world 93 that you got your main nobled a month in because you tagged a train as swords and then tried to blame the attacker for 'speed unit hacking'? Pretty sure you got rimmed on w88 as well during the early game unless you consider tribes at 1-3m points to be mid-game
i think youd find on w88 my co player quit and i couldnt handle the account myself due to being busy so i passed off my sit to a tribe member which then let the tribe internal it

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
i think youd find on w88 my co player quit and i couldnt handle the account myself due to being busy so i passed off my sit to a tribe member which then let the tribe internal it

Ah the old "I was busy and had to quit so it doesnt count as getting rimmed" argument. Gotta love a classic.

Let me guess on w94 you didnt get your temp ban for logging onto someone elses account upgraded to a 2 week ban for shit talking the mods as the front was reaching you?

Perhaps what happened instead was a mod conspiracy occurred to deprive you of your chance to show everyone how good you were? Darn what a shame and we was all looking forward to watching you teach us noobs how to play.

In fact just dont bother talking to me. Im happy to debate/argue/disagree with Nauz because at least he's intelligent but you dont even have that going for you

DeletedUser

To be fair Hate. was just one of the better tribes to grace this game. Even for that era where the competition was higher, they were well regarded as being a truly excellent tribe.

Every other tribe in that world was leagues below Hate. and I say that as someone who was in [H], the iP remake. They weren't even close.

DeletedUser80720

Ah the old "I was busy and had to quit so it doesnt count as getting rimmed" argument. Gotta love a classic.

Let me guess on w94 you didnt get your temp ban for logging onto someone elses account upgraded to a 2 week ban for shit talking the mods as the front was reaching you?

Perhaps what happened instead was a mod conspiracy occurred to deprive you of your chance to show everyone how good you were? Darn what a shame and we was all looking forward to watching you teach us noobs how to play.

In fact just dont bother talking to me. Im happy to debate/argue/disagree with Nauz because at least he's intelligent but you dont even have that going for you

Right and I suppose you constantly taking over accounts near end game makes you intelligent especially considering the player on the account before that gets no credit for putting the account in the position it is