Speed Strategies

DeletedUser102484

Speed forums reminds me of a soap opera, except the same episode gets repeated over and over again. (Had enough of reading about the Matt vs Adrian & Co "War" that seems to be on every ones mind in every other post, most people not knowing what any of it is all about but jumping on the Adrian D. bandwagon nonetheless)
So yea, this is me ranting, and speaking on behalf of the majority - Shut the hell up, and talk about something that actually is interesting to read about.

I am dedicating the purpose of this thread to..

SPEED STRATEGIES
Because it never gets talked about that much, and it's the most interesting thing in my opinion to discuss. What is your method of growing? Do you noble rush? Do you MINEWHORE? When and why? Do you build only defense, why?
How do you manage your villages at higher speeds compared to normal worlds? AND... Why do you enjoy speed? :)

Have you changed your gameplay through time as speed has changed? Or have you stuck to the same strat for ages?

What do you find difficult about speed?
What do you find easy?

I made an attempt at this kind of thread in the past but it got derailed, so please don't do the same to this one, and can the speed community have a decent discussion about something for once without arguing :p (yes I know I'm very hopeful)

I will be posting my strategies, tips n stuff laterz

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100063

It really depends if theres a crap load of barbs lc rushing is your best bet but if there isnt mine whoring work a bit works tbh it took me a while before I figured out you need to change your game depending on the settings and that plus time constraints are the most difficult thing about speed IMO easy things are the same easy things in normal TW such as backtiming farming (that one alot) and building right as you dont need to kill it on the HQ whoring like normal worlds

DeletedUser80720

It really depends if theres a crap load of barbs lc rushing is your best bet but if there isnt mine whoring work a bit works tbh it took me a while before I figured out you need to change your game depending on the settings and that plus time constraints are the most difficult thing about speed IMO easy things are the same easy things in normal TW such as backtiming farming (that one alot) and building right as you dont need to kill it on the HQ whoring like normal worlds

giving sam tips? lmao

lc rush is the best strategy for any1 especially speeds under 100
these days most noobs noble rush and mine whore on speeds over 300

DeletedUser

Everything depends on situation, Eg your starting position, amount of barbs or noobs in your area. it's best to LC & mine whore imo.

DeletedUser102484

You say "LC rushing" but what exactly do you mean by this? Some people seem to have the idea that getting 15 15 15 mines, then building LC is an LC rush. Seeing as you mentioned "mine whoring" as a separate thing, ill presume you mean a (as I see it) "proper" LC rush. Would you care to elaborate on this?
The only real thing you need to change about your strategy if the speed is different, is how high you build your HQ and how much defense you build.
To add to your comment about backtiming, backtiming itself is not a real skill. The skill is when knowing WHEN to backtime, and when not to, and preventing yourself from being backtimed also.
A speed strategy cannot be simply an "LC rush" that is just one small aspect of startup.

giving sam tips? lmao

lc rush is the best strategy for any1 especially speeds under 100
these days most noobs noble rush and mine whore on speeds over 300
Giving Sam tips? Nobodies giving me tips? Nor did I ask for any.
"LC rush" is not a speed strategy, it is one aspect of startup.
"most noobs noble rush"
Again, explain?
Everything depends on situation, Eg your starting position, amount of barbs or noobs in your area. it's best to LC & mine whore imo.
I disagree that "everything" depends on your situation, as I don't think it does.
LC and minewhoring? Will achieve what exactly?

DeletedUser

Giving Sam tips? Nobodies giving me tips? Nor did I ask for any.
"most noobs noble rush"
Again, explain?

I disagree that "everything" depends on your situation, as I don't think it does.
LC and minewhoring? Will achieve what exactly?

I am not seeing any of your tips/strats Sam ;)
When he says most noobs noble rush, I would beg to differ. I think MOST noobs turtle and have an extremely slow startup, while some do noble rush with very low rax/stables/HQ/farm (not good).

For me, the extent to which I LC rush depends on my area, the overall speed of troops, starting build of the round and the speed at which barbs will grow. Although minewhoring is a lot more beneficial in speed rounds, I think it's important not to get too carried away with building pits and remember that the priority in the long run (noble stage) is troops. To counter that, you do not want to have a noble train inbound because you were too busy building maxing everything else.

DeletedUser102484

Mines are important up to a point, but the bottom line is, if you can keep all the queues going in barracks, stable and HQ, there really is no need to excessively "minewhore". Clearly this will require extensive farming.
In 9/10 of "situations" going for LC asap is the best early startup strategy. (On .net rounds)
Being one of the first (if not the first) to a noble train (with a reasonable (it not full) sized nuke) is my absolute priority on Startup, to avoid such situations where you have incoming train before you even have a second village. Therefore, I don't think noble rushing is quite a bad idea, as long as you're going about it properly. Which to be fair, is not that easy to understand.

DeletedUser100063

You say "LC rushing" but what exactly do you mean by this? Some people seem to have the idea that getting 15 15 15 mines, then building LC is an LC rush. Seeing as you mentioned "mine whoring" as a separate thing, ill presume you mean a (as I see it) "proper" LC rush. Would you care to elaborate on this?
LC rushing to me is going for it as soon as you have 1200 iron coming in per minute and a decent store of iron in market offers. mine whoring for me is getting to 17 ea and than going for lc

DeletedUser

LC rushing to me is going for it as soon as you have 1200 iron coming in per minute and a decent store of iron in market offers. mine whoring for me is getting to 17 ea and than going for lc

You'll be upgrading that iron mine for quite a while if it's 100 game speed Hasan

DeletedUser

So basically wait until you have level 15 mines? Standard minerush. It is ok if you don't know how to farm efficiently which I've only seen 2 players pull off.

Edit| Get level 16 mines, works out better.

DeletedUser

which I've only seen 2 players pull off.

Now this is funny. If you have to go to lvl 16 mines, then oh deary me...

Every player really should be able to start 5/3/1 and make LC with those mines given the right settings (and be much better off than with such awfully high mines. Yuck)

DeletedUser

Now this is funny. If you have to go to lvl 16 mines, then oh deary me...

Every player really should be able to start 5/3/1 and make LC with those mines given the right settings (and be much better off than with such awfully high mines. Yuck)

If you're going that way you should be able to start off with 1/1/1 and finish with lc. What's with the clay upgrade?

DeletedUser

If you're going that way you should be able to start off with 1/1/1 and finish with lc. What's with the clay upgrade?

No because that doesn't work on speed. Could possibly work on normal worlds with very nice barbs.

Clay upgrade is for the HQ to lvl 10. Also spears cost 50/30/10 so clay should be higher than iron anyway. This can be changed to lvl 2, depends on personal preference.

DeletedUser

No because that doesn't work on speed. Could possibly work on normal worlds with very nice barbs.

Clay upgrade is for the HQ to lvl 10. Also spears cost 50/30/10 so clay should be higher than iron anyway. This can be changed to lvl 2, depends on personal preference.

:lol: It definitely does work on speed. You should pull in the same amount of clay as wood from farming, but since you're spending all your wood on spears you should build up a good amount of clay.

DeletedUser

:lol: It definitely does work on speed. You should pull in the same amount of clay as wood from farming, but since you're spending all your wood on spears you should build up a good amount of clay.
We are talking about the BEST and quickest way to reach LC yes?
A 1/1/1 build almost definitely is not the quickest on speeds higher than 100. There are inefficiencies caused afterwards from such a high speed because it takes time to switch from recruitment to sending out farming runs to building upgrades. Please don't act like you know what you're talking about.

DeletedUser102484

Actually it does work on speed. The idea behind building a few mines before spears. (For example to 5 3 1) Is not to assist building the HQ to 10, it is to get you the largest count of spears in the shortest period of time. If you can get a large count of spears, in a shorter period of time with 1 1 1 mines, then such a method is advisable. If you can achieve the same results as 1 1 1 mines, as with 5 3 1 mines, then clearly it would be better to have 5 3 1 mines to gain that small advantage. If you can get a larger count of spears in a shorter period of time compared to building 1 1 1 mines then obviously it would be better to build 5 3 1 mines. This will depend on the amount of farmable villages in your area. With constant farming, and decent hauls it is easy to build the HQ to 10.
Usually, the resource that you lack in the most is wood at this stage.
I believe a compromise between 5 3 1, and 1 1 1 is the best option. Such as 3 1 1. (wood clay iron respectively)

We are talking about the BEST and quickest way to reach LC yes?
A 1/1/1 build almost definitely is not the quickest on speeds higher than 100. There are inefficiencies caused afterwards from such a high speed because it takes time to switch from recruitment to sending out farming runs to building upgrades. Please don't act like you know what you're talking about.
It isn't hard to send out spears as soon as they get back with simple "attack again with all troops" scripts for various barbs in your area. I do believe this overcomes your problem.
Switching to recruitment and building should only really take a few seconds. Farming constantly should be what you concentrate on the most.

DeletedUser80720

"most noobs noble rush"
Again, explain?

sam most decent players get there mines between 5-9 before they lc rush this way it gives them a few resources to build upon to get lc also aroound 100 spears at this stage also for good farming before lc