Suggestion: Splitting attacks based on size and only showing them X hours out

DeletedUser

I did post this in the main suggestion forum a couple of days ago but apparently it hasn't passed the requirements to be made public for whatever reason so moving it here for some world specific opinons:

I. Suggestion

Split all incoming attacks in 4 categories:

1) miniscule - less than 100 troops
2) small - between 101 and 1000 troops
3) medium - between 1001 and 5000 troops
4) large - over 5000 troops

To counterbalance the advantage given to the defender make all attacs visible only when they are 24 hours off from hitting (or another number like 36-48)

II. Effects

Fakes become useless so the largest time waste in planning and executing attacks gets cut which could imply more players spending the time on here to play the game; the results that I see:

- less attacks needed to plan
- server load reduced thus faster speed (handling 50 attacks vs 50 attacks + 5000 fakes)
- most scripts that are made for faking and tagging are no longer required (the existance of these scripts shows that a problem exists also)
- more players actually playing the game if only 20 mins are needed to attack someone instead of 2 hours.

III. Reasons and explanations

I was preparing an attack on a player and the almost common knowledge that exists now is that you must masively fake any player before launching a big attack. So I sat down and sent about 2500 fakes and the few 50 or so nukes and 10ish noble trains ... the time to send the nukes + nobles ... about 1-3 hours with planning ... the time to send the fakes with using scripts ... about 4 hours.

I see this as a problem and therefore I'm proposing the solution above that would both eliminate the need for fakes as well as by the second option keep the game balanced between the attacker and defender.

pillburydough

If you do that, there is no point in fakes or anything....ruins the complications

DeletedUser

If there are no fakes, then they will know whats gunna hit them.. Good for defender bad for attacker..

DeletedUser

That puts all of the advantage to the defender. No point, you would take away the fun of the game.

DeletedUser

personally i think it tips the scale the opposite way... its easier to defend 50 nukes and 10 trains than with that accompioned by 2500 fakes... but i do see your point aswell as trying to eliminate fakes... does make the game more fun

DeletedUser

That puts all of the advantage to the defender. No point, you would take away the fun of the game.

That's why I said that you shouldn't be able to see the incomings ... until they were 24 hours out. That gives back the balance between the attacker and defender

DeletedUser

actually it would be good... but somthing else has to get taken from the defender...

for ex: weaker maxed walls

DeletedUser

And what about troop speed? Not everyone is a 100k cluster player who has villages within 2 hours of defending.

DeletedUser

At least you could successfully hide noble trains. But I agree with RP.

DeletedUser

faking is cool, but mass faking definitely needs to go, I once got 60k+ incomings on W32, that's just ridiculous, who's gonna label all that, TW can't even show that much incomings. Just make a rule, you can't send more than 2x or 3x the total number of your villages of attacks. I think that should be more than enough for any regular faking purpose. Mass faking is not skill, it's spamming my screen.

darkaniken2

faking is cool, but mass faking definitely needs to go, I once got 60k+ incomings on W32, that's just ridiculous, who's gonna label all that, TW can't even show that much incomings. Just make a rule, you can't send more than 2x or 3x the total number of your villages of attacks. I think that should be more than enough for any regular faking purpose. Mass faking is not skill, it's spamming my screen.
Not only pointless, but just helps the defenders while the attackers gain nothing.

The game is fine the way it is.

DeletedUser

Why change anything?

Faking is a massive part of this game. Say a 1mil player was about to attack a 2 mil player - he has less nukes/noble trains to send...So he mass fakes - the player gets sick of tagging and misses his trains and nukes. He gains a village over a bigger player.

If you think tagging and sending fakes are a waste of time then don't do it. Wanna know why people do, do it though? Because it messes with the other player and is a strategy that has been proven to work time and time again.

koko - with all the incomings how many times did they successfully manage to take a village? May suck to be you but hey if they want to put they effort into getting your villages then go them.

Leave the game as it is. For a text based game this is one of the best ones around.

DeletedUser

That's why KTA rimmed an entire k within 3 weeks :)

Seriously Pill, you know there was a dam good reason Skibo was rimmed so fast.
Now shut the hell up, nobody wants to hear what is going in your retarded little mind.

DeletedUser

tbh if it took you 4 hours to get your fakes away, no wonder you came up with this idea..

@ pilly, you amaze me more every time you let your fingers do the talking, your an embarrassment to yourself and your tribe