TDP/SPANK - Merge

DeletedUser

Well that is good to hear Nev, do you moderate retrospectively? if so I would think you would be pretty busy and would need to kick a number of members :) But it is interesting that no such post were made when you had everything to gain from a similar response to fusion.

I am a little bit suspicious that the change would occur now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Nev had not returned when the war against Fusion initiated. That applies to the Pupper Master, Graylin himself, thus you haven't pinned hypocracy yet.

I would imagine that people who are arrogant and pig headed dont become reasonable over night. I would also imagine alot of them would be unable to see that they have done any wrong at all in the past. And what is more some people have memories like an elephant, so dont just forget wrong doing because someone comes out and says hey we have changed.

Nevy has gracefully agreed to admit DSL's flaws and work to change them. I don't want to get into the FUSION issue too much but I personally felt Fusion was not very special... I definitely did not think it deserved it's #1 rank (not that it didn't have good members, just as a tribe, overall) but it was definitetly not as bad as the pnp let on to believe. However, I think the big issue was that it did NOT learn from its mistakes and changed. If it tried, it was too late by then.

Insulting Nevy, are we? Tsk tsk tsk. Nevy is willing to cooperate and improve his tribe. Also.... your constant bitterness over Fusion is blatant and very off-topical.... I guess you're right... some people cannot change. Some people cannot let go when their war is over... some people cannot adjust to the new situations, such as being a soldier for a new tribe who is on friendly terms with the tribe that used to be your enermy. If you hold biterness over the past, well only time can heal your e-wounds. However, at least please respect the tribes your tribe has relations with. Don't forget that Fusion lost and it was probably not easy for all the DSL members to see KGR, our friend, take you in. However, DSL respects the decision and Nevy, as well as other members, have tried to extend their friendship towards you. If anyone from DSL has disrepsected you, I sincerely apologyze and hope you do not think that opinion represents that of our tribe, but instead an individual player. Also, while your actions do not justify the actions of our members (or words, as this case may be), your actions, too, go unjustified. Oh and I hope you realize Nevy wasn't acctully being nice to you because of the pic of your girlfriend. He was being nice to you to start a new relationship with who we thought would be a new Yonithan... an unbiased one.
As I said, it looks like you are right, some people don't change. I sincerely hope you do turn a new leaf and prove me wrong (through actions, not walls :p).

Seems like a flame! Nev can you please censor this member thanks ;)
Aww... you're flame patrol for Nevy? And I thought you didn't like him :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It didn't take long for a DSL member to post and prove that Nev's words about a change of conduct on the forums by DSL were just that, empty words.

Same flaming, same shouting troll! troll! troll! same old DSL.

Aww :icon_sad:
Your generalizations of our tribe hurt me :icon_cry:

I was hoping for a cookie, and maybe a glass of warm milk :lol:

Noez! The milk is for me!
You will take the cookies and be grateful...
*hiss*

If I have ever done an I hate you, and you took that to mean I hate DSL, you are sorely mistaken. You are correct, I do not like you, and have not liked you, ever since you began posting. I will also admit, I am incredibly lazy, and until this moment, I had no idea that you were DSL.

Again, its not simply that I dont like DSL, just that the worst of what Ive seen was mainly DSL. I dont dislike all of DSL either. For instance, I hated Nev the moment he walked back into these forums. After afew days though, he seemed to turn a new leaf, and became a very different person in his posts. That new nev I liked very much. I havent really read his posts lately, and I cannot say if he has kept that up.

And I will also note that my last post was mentioning, for the most part, graylin. I disliked graylin before he became DSL. It isnt his being DSL that made me dislike him.

Can we please agree not to make this a popularity/hate contest? Let's leave those in the "World 29 General Section -> Fame / Lame -> lame ..." section (a.k.a. the Popular / Hated sect :icon_wink: )

I am in full support of this TDP/SPANK merge,

I'm not. TDP should have merged into SPANK, not the other way around >:-/
I'm pissed, seriously! >_<

Flattering :p but your the first to admit hating me, but i'll simply say you've proven your dislike for DSL, and you seem to like nev for being nice, while i wuv him, i don't be nice to haters, trolls and just generally nasty people, fire with fire basically.

Shadowfog, I'm dissappointed in you the most. I <3HEART<3 YOU DARN IT! That's all that should matter... :icon_sad:

p.s. I get flattered when I'm mentioned too :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Nev had not returned when the war against Fusion initiated. That applies to the Pupper Master, Graylin himself, thus you haven't pinned hypocracy yet.

Nevy has gracefully agreed to admit DSL's flaws and work to change them. I don't want to get into the FUSION issue too much but I personally felt Fusion was not very special... I definitely did not think it deserved it's #1 rank (not that it didn't have good members, just as a tribe, overall) but it was definitetly not as bad as the pnp let on to believe. However, I think the big issue was that it did NOT learn from its mistakes and changed. If it tried, it was too late by then.

Insulting Nevy, are we? Tsk tsk tsk. Nevy is willing to cooperate and improve his tribe. Also.... your constant bitterness over Fusion is blatant and very off-topical.... I guess you're right... some people cannot change. Some people cannot let go when their war is over... some people cannot adjust to the new situations, such as being a soldier for a new tribe who is on friendly terms with the tribe that used to be your enermy. If you hold biterness over the past, well only time can heal your e-wounds. However, at least please respect the tribes your tribe has relations with. Don't forget that Fusion lost and it was probably not easy for all the DSL members to see KGR, our friend, take you in. However, DSL respects the decision and Nevy, as well as other members, have tried to extend their friendship towards you. If anyone from DSL has disrepsected you, I sincerely apologyze and hope you do not think that opinion represents that of our tribe, but instead an individual player. Also, while your actions do not justify the actions of our members (or words, as this case may be), your actions, too, go unjustified. Oh and I hope you realize Nevy wasn't acctully being nice to you because of the pic of your girlfriend. He was being nice to you to start a new relationship with who we thought would be a new Yonithan... an unbiased one.
As I said, it looks like you are right, some people don't change. I sincerely hope you do turn a new leaf and prove me wrong (through actions, not walls :p).

Aww... you're flame patrol for Nevy? And I thought you didn't like him :icon_wink:

Quoted for truth... Let's all listen to MKC :)

whall0625

Quoted for truth... Let's all listen to MKC :)

99% of all posts lately have had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. TDP and Spank are the only 2 tribes that need to be discussed here. The merge has been discussed many a time and with the way things are going in the world it seemed like a great time to unite or forces and expand to the north. This will allow southern TDP to finish of kasrga while the TDP members in the sea of blue can help stack our new northern brothers.

DeletedUser

My name is bob and im a guy, i saw a poster on the fly, i read it once and skimmed it twice, i looked around and found it thrice.

this is about the tribe called spank, that tribe who pillaged soiled and drank. these high sea booties ran around, till they found a cove and settled down.

this cove was home to the dreaded plague, an orange monstrocity that lived on a plank.

the dreaded spank they soon became, dreaded high seasmen who were always being flamed.

it was a tough decision for the leaders of both, but they joined up their forces cus they were both broke.

now when i say broke i dont mean from money, i mean from the sugarcoated fillers in their tummy.

NSA they will soon be called, what ous it mean? youll just have to wait till your barb ;)

whats the moral of this story? you all might ask,
flaming is boring lame and wierd, it makes people mad and brings eyes to my tears (WHAT?!?!)

yes people. stop the flaming. i wrote you all this soothing poem to stop it. instead of flaming next time we can all write love letters and poems to each other. doesn't that sound like a better world? a huggier world? TH/K FTW! (TH/K=tribal hugs & kisses for anyone not good with abbreviation's).

lol

DeletedUser

99% of all posts lately have had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. TDP and Spank are the only 2 tribes that need to be discussed here. The merge has been discussed many a time and with the way things are going in the world it seemed like a great time to unite or forces and expand to the north. This will allow southern TDP to finish of kasrga while the TDP members in the sea of blue can help stack our new northern brothers.

Have to disagree with the comment that only two tribes need to be discussed here. Gosh, the topic is TDP/Spank - merge. Obviously no one would disagree that the tribes of TDP and Spank are involved in that. Yet, the merger also affects numerous other tribes which border those two tribes. I'm actually somewhat surprised that there has not been more discussion of how this merger would affect some of them.

For instance, with respect to the TLA family, an ally of the TDP family. Was that relationship maintained through the merger. I suspect it was. And even if it was, did this action on the part of TDP/Spank strain that relationship by removing some avenues of growth for the TLA family. - No, I don't expect to hear that answer here, but ...

Likewise, with respect to the KGR family. One has to wonder how the members there feel about it, not merely the newest ones who joined after the fall of Fusion. Because besides TDP's mass recruiting of the ex-Fusion members, the KGR family's future growth will also be affected by this new entity.

Then of course there is DSL, who we've heard a great deal about that was at war with Spank before the merger. At least there I believe it is obvious what their response was, the continual attacks against the merged tribes.

However, could this action taken by TDP be about to set them up for a similar situation as the one that Fusion faced? Or is it possible that their leaders are working diligently behind the scenes to smooth over various spoken and unspoken resentment which their merger caused.

whall0625

Have to disagree with the comment that only two tribes need to be discussed here. Gosh, the topic is TDP/Spank - merge. Obviously no one would disagree that the tribes of TDP and Spank are involved in that. Yet, the merger also affects numerous other tribes which border those two tribes. I'm actually somewhat surprised that there has not been more discussion of how this merger would affect some of them.

For instance, with respect to the TLA family, an ally of the TDP family. Was that relationship maintained through the merger. I suspect it was. And even if it was, did this action on the part of TDP/Spank strain that relationship by removing some avenues of growth for the TLA family. - No, I don't expect to hear that answer here, but ...

Likewise, with respect to the KGR family. One has to wonder how the members there feel about it, not merely the newest ones who joined after the fall of Fusion. Because besides TDP's mass recruiting of the ex-Fusion members, the KGR family's future growth will also be affected by this new entity.

Then of course there is DSL, who we've heard a great deal about that was at war with Spank before the merger. At least there I believe it is obvious what their response was, the continual attacks against the merged tribes.

However, could this action taken by TDP be about to set them up for a similar situation as the one that Fusion faced? Or is it possible that their leaders are working diligently behind the scenes to smooth over various spoken and unspoken resentment which their merger caused.

hmm to clear that up.....TDP leadership are not the Noob cakes the rest of the world bakery likes to label us.....I can assure you that the tribes we had diplomatic ties with before the merge knew about it well in advance and had ample opportunity to voice concerns.

DeletedUser

hmm to clear that up.....TDP leadership are not the Noob cakes the rest of the world bakery likes to label us.....I can assure you that the tribes we had diplomatic ties with before the merge knew about it well in advance and had ample opportunity to voice concerns.

hahaha great one whall :)

DeletedUser

No one is saying that the TDP leadership is a pastry chief. However the fact still remains that there is a huge difference between one tribe telling another tribe that they are about to merge and the other tribe being "happy" with hearing that especially when such a merger affects them in a negative sense. Depending on the nature and strength of the relationship between the tribes involved, one might not say a thing. They might instead simply wait for the right opportunity.

So to say that the merger only affects two tribes is somewhat misleading. But obviously, given time, we will find out how well TDP and Spank's leadership did grease the pans before placing their newest confection in the oven.

DeletedUser

While i find it flattering you mention me, i'm going to make my post very blunt and slightly gritty so bare with me.

We at DSL, do love our haters, and send them parcels of cookies and little baby pandas as gifts, but we don't like our trolls.

We don't feed trolls often, and you along with panther are probably the most vile ones i've seen, you continuesly spew rubbish, lies and a pinch of bitterness, i'm unsure why, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting tired of your spiteful attacks on DSL.

You seem to be ignorant to the fact that you sir are, pig headed, ignorant, arrogant and a troll, your known all over the forums for it, and as is the way to combat trolls, i shall set you alight like the wickerman.

Yet, you are a sim playing noob, unless you have the stats to dismiss that claim, which i am more than happy to read and tip my hat off too, otherwise, the comments still stands unless disproven.

If you must know, i've been away on holiday for a good few days and out with close friends for the past 2 - 3 days, for the whole day i might add, upon checking TW i've been informed of a lot of new information, and have been busy on the w41 forums.

Next time you feel like spouting nonscence, do so in a better manner, your boring me.

I guess this is the new censorship that our good friends at DSL refer to. Thank you for your kind words. It must take some real brain power to use such terms in such a way.

If I am pig headed which I dont dispute may I ask what you think of yourself and your tribemates?

And I dont hate anyone, hate is such a strong word. Respect is a different story, I dont fall for the "respect us because I yell it out loud enough OK"

I do enjoy Nev's post as he seems to be the only one is DSL with a bit of wit!

I am also lazy but read MKC post's! I actualyl like Nev as stated above and of course he is not being nice to me just because of my gf's pic. However I do find alot if ironies and I love the repsonse I get when I point it out. For example a number of DSL members posted that I has been muzzled and to STFU. I then find it highly ironic that the ones that the same members appear to be "muzzling" is their own!!!!. And yes Nev was post fusion declaration so my comments were generically directed at DSL. THe whole point is the shoe for DSL is now on the other foot and hence the change has been generated as a requirement of survival. But Nev is hands down the best leader DSL have.

Yes there are some DSL members that I will never respect, and I am sure the feeling is mutual (as you can see from the love I generate!).

I actually think the post below will make you think MKC. It is an experiement designed to see the power of a strong voice over moderating people. Effectively it shows that what happened in Germany during WW2 could happen anywhere, which brings out some strong ethical questions. A high percentage of the popultation when directed by a strong voice actually pretty much for no reason at all will apply a fatal dose of electricity to an unknown person.

I think if you read carefully you will see the links of strong voices to people like graylin, shadowfog and others. And the result is that more moderating people like yourslef allow events to occur (or in some cases join them).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Good on Nev for trying, my original post was purely and simple that I would reserve my decision to see if it was true. With very little in my post I got some real love in return! And why would you not like me going to KGR? Am I not just showing that I am one of the people who stands up to strong voices and has an independent mind and hopefully would not contribute to events such as the holocaust? After all if you or your members dont like me then they must hate Graylin and shadowfog!!!

Maybe that is why some DSL members actually post me that they really like my posts?

I would ask (which I doubt will occur) that people read the link before responding to this post. Especially you Shadow, it might help you to take a look at yourself in a new light :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh what, KGR didn't recruit ex-FUSION players? What's your point?

DeletedUser

Rhapzody said:

The difference i think to Rhapzody (I think; I could be wrong) is that KGR and DINO were actively warring Fusion when they really began falling apart, while TDP and Fusion had signed a cease fire of sorts.

DeletedUser

The difference i think to Rhapzody (I think; I could be wrong) is that KGR and DINO were actively warring Fusion when they really began falling apart, while TDP and Fusion had signed a cease fire of sorts.

I really don't get how this is relavent. While towards the end the ceasefire did take place, we fought them the longest of any tribe involved.

DeletedUser

Hmmmm ... lets see, Fusion surrendered to KGR, not TDP. So obviously KGR had recruiting rights of a tribe that surrendered to them. TDP/Spank on the other hand did not. Still, for whatever reason, TDP chose to recruit the ex-members, including some that were in the process of being rimmed. Then TDP proceeded to not immediately kick those in process of rimming members after being informed of such. Of one in particular, they elected to stack his villages for over one week against the KGR family. A forgivable offense, perhaps. But one must also consider that this comes immediately after the TDP family signed a ceasefire agreement with Fusion (for reasons of their own obviously). To give TDP credit, they did refuse to join Fusion in the mass attack that was planned, yet they did fail to inform the KGR family who was their ally at that time of both their own and Fusion's planned actions. Instead they chose to set them up for a mass attack in that region by Fusion. However, needless to say, we all know the results of that mass attack attempt.

But still, what is done is done. Nothing said here will change those past actions. All that can be done is to review the past actions and try to decide if they also are indicators of future actions. I am sure this thread will soon dissolve into more flaming. That means I'll say no more other than as previously stated a couple of times. The TDP/Spank merger affects several tribes and the real results of that merger may not be revealed for a considerable amount of time.

DeletedUser

Sigh. This is a TDP/Spank merge thread. Yes, it's inevitable that discussion with flow from the merge itself, to the various impacts the merge will have, and this will incorporate other tribes. I think I've been fairly... er, fair.. about allowing the thread to "derail" from the "original topic". Because m'in full agreement that natural progression of TW related discussion shouldn't be shut down just because post #23235 doesn't directly quote post #1 or some rot.

But this is not the thread to mock DSL for trying to improve their forum presence, it is not the thread to flame individual players for their past, and it is not the thread to start yet another flame war.

I will leave current posts in the thread, as none of 'em are ... as insulting as could be .. but if you want to continue this little argument, then someone quote someone else in a new thread and do it there.

Any further mockery of any other tribe/players for being quiet is gonna be considered off topic. And/or insulting, depending on what you're saying. And/or annoying to me. And I dislike being annoyed.

<3 to all.

DeletedUser

Hmmmm ... lets see, Fusion surrendered to KGR, not TDP. So obviously KGR had recruiting rights of a tribe that surrendered to them. TDP/Spank on the other hand did not. Still, for whatever reason, TDP chose to recruit the ex-members, including some that were in the process of being rimmed. Then TDP proceeded to not immediately kick those in process of rimming members after being informed of such. Of one in particular, they elected to stack his villages for over one week against the KGR family. A forgivable offense, perhaps. But one must also consider that this comes immediately after the TDP family signed a ceasefire agreement with Fusion (for reasons of their own obviously). To give TDP credit, they did refuse to join Fusion in the mass attack that was planned, yet they did fail to inform the KGR family who was their ally at that time of both their own and Fusion's planned actions. Instead they chose to set them up for a mass attack in that region by Fusion. However, needless to say, we all know the results of that mass attack attempt.

But still, what is done is done. Nothing said here will change those past actions. All that can be done is to review the past actions and try to decide if they also are indicators of future actions. I am sure this thread will soon dissolve into more flaming. That means I'll say no more other than as previously stated a couple of times. The TDP/Spank merger affects several tribes and the real results of that merger may not be revealed for a considerable amount of time.

What? Recruiting rights to the whole entire tribe of FUSION? I disagree. But that's just me, this was my first ever major war.