Thanks for all the memories!

DeletedUser

Well as w19 is now just a stone's throw away from officially coming to an end ... I thought it would be appropriate to thank all those that have made this world as enjoyable, exhilarating and down right awesome as it was.
Now I will apologize in advance as I won't mention everyone and everything, least of all any of my tribe members. We fought as a unit throughout and as such no individual mentions shall be made. I should further add, that while this is merely a farewell and thank you for the memories on my part and my tribes, anyone from other tribes and this world's past is welcome to add their own reflections.

First, All those who have persevered to the end. While XLR is not a tribe full of its original cast members any longer there are certainly some who have made it all the way!

Second, All my remaining tribe mates and all (well almost all) those who we picked up along the way. I would like to think our "recruiting" specifications were fairly rigorous :lol: when in reality they were not. We cared not for skill, as that can be taught, but we cared for cohesion and balance of personalities. Of course there were flare ups and what not but the group stuck together and showed true colors by sticking it out and still working together, putting the tribe above all in most circumstances.

That being said, A thank you is also in order for all those who we lost along the way (some who came back and left again :icon_razz:)

Also, without hesitation, I would like to thank our allies on this world all of which were made within the first few months of the world beginning. I do believe we managed to get by with just three throughout the entirety of the world as we came here to fight, not hug. So with that I would like to thank All*, Random and Candy. I do believe it fitting that tho all three succumbed to the wears and tears of activity and what not, most who stayed on were welcomed with open arms here in XLR.

Last, but not least, a big thank you to the competition of w19. This was a truely fierce world to fight in and with its rather unique and peculiar settings, a real challenge. There were many, and I do mean many, very very talented tribes on this world in early, mid and late game stages. We fortunately had the pleasure of fighting many, if not most of them and would have relished the oppurtunity to get to them all had geography been easier.

Hats-Off-Warm-Fuzzy_zps346d128d.jpg

In any event, a brief history if you will:

XLR spawns predominantly in k35 with a few outliers in k46. Our immediate challenge was to secure our k46 members from the dominant tribes there and slowly work towards each other. This was very early days but made infinitely more feasible by the predominance of family tribes, the one we took exception with most, being KILL. However, being very early days, this was very easily accomplished and we moved on to bigger and better things.

Our first "major" war was with "Fremen." At the time of the engagement which was ultimately a battle for k35, it was rank 6 (us) vs rank 14 (them) thusly making XLR the second tribe to engage with a foe also in the top 20. We won this war in fairly quick and decisive fashion and continued with a general clean up of refugees and trying to bring our two parts of the tribe more into unison. This is where we came across Random and quickly entered into our second alliance. (We had previously already allied with All* (named noobie at the time) The shear lunacy and hysterical attitudes that pervaded in this tribe made them a perfect ally to work with in taking down the Ghost tribal family.

Next up on our smorgasboard of delightful delectables was Leviathan. The number 1 tribe on the world at this time, consisting of if memory servers correctly just 26 members who combinded boasted the highest ODA, points and average points per player. At this point we encountered the wonerous Candy van and cemented our 3rd and final alliance of the world. Together both tribes launched a swift and powerful blow to the big fishies on the world and in about a months time dispatched the #1 tribe.

Next on the list were the decieving little bastards, -D-, who had been attempting to organize a gang bang on us with several surrounding tribes. It didn't take us long to annhilate a good portion of their tribe with our trusty ally All* at our side (who didn't take kindly to them either). Unfortunately, a large percentage of the -D- squad were incorporated into All* as new members which would come, sadly, in the future to bite All* and us in the bum.

Being the war tribe that we had set out to be, UNSF and their tribal family/hugging ways were next on the agenda as they were the main blob stuck between our k35 and k46 clusters. Being a part of the even larger Qiva (later Bonded) family ensured their eventual inclusion in the war which tho convincingly ahead of in conquers drew to an abrupt end due to Alphabonkers and his devious machinations.

It was at this precise time that Alpha's plans to divide and conquer the northern alliances came to fruition. He encouraged the former -D- members in All* to rebel, leave, reform -D- and attack ALL* with the major power just above them, Signos, all the while he launched into a war with our other ally Candy.

This was a very shrewd move on Alpha's part and definately provided me with my most trying moments as the duke/diplomat of XLR. Candy was already engaged in a war with another top 10 tribe and had an exposed underbelly, All* was reduced back down to her original 9 or so members with only 4 being active at the time and we were engaged in a war with a tribe and its various family entities easily seven times the size of us.

This became easily the hardest tactical and diplomatic situation we had been in throughout w19 and to this day (as the world ends) remains so. Having achieved our primary goal of removing UNSF from inside our borders and linking up our k35/46 sectors decided to float a NAP towards Bonded which they heartily accepted. My attentions then switched to securing our north (where All* lived) and initiating conact with previously unknown Signos and becoming acquainted with its leaders, all the while moving some defense to our smallish border with them, while shifting the bulk of it to the borders with -D- who we had decided must be ended outright and immediately.

This brought us to our next war which was -D-, round two and just like the first round, was followed up with a resounced defeat of the "bastards." They again decided to create family entities and merge several players/tribes into the fold, after one swift surgical strike and free for all nobling afterwards, within a month the tribe was gone and disbanded, this time with its leaders dead and and gone. Those remaining in All* were incorporated into XLR and from then on, tho wary of signos still, our ultimate prize lay to our south ... Alphabonkers and his Stoned tribe.

Prior to our declaration, stoned had always been regarded as one of the premier tribes in the world, they also had as their allies the largest tribe (Asylum) and a tribe much like XLR, Comic, buttressing them to their south. Candy was suffering from activity issues and a 3 front war, All* had been effectively neutralized and disbanded and thusly perhaps Alpha's machinations of world domination were coming true.

Enter in XLR!
Not nearly afraid of the challenge and actually looking forward to it, XLR declared on Stoned to aid Candy, knowing full well that would incurr the wrath of both Asylum and Comic. Hands down I would say that this war became the hardest and most gruesome that XLR fought in w19.

For a hint at its scale:
map-2.jpg

Needless to say, it became a bloody war of attrition in which both Stoned and Comic perished and they're very few left overs were absorbed into asylum only to continue on with the fight.

Asylum Round 1
A war in which skill sets on both sides were fairly even and exceptional, pnp picture battles were light hearted and immensely humurous, footsoldiers and calvary died at record speeds and villages were pummelled into the ground, very very little headway was gained and it actually turned into a bloody stalemate.

It was at this juncture that the leaders of Asylum and XLR and Candy all came to an agreement: To enter into a NAP, eliminate the rest of the world and turn on eachother to end things after all other competition had been eliminated.

That then takes us to our Magical Mystery tour in which we decided that, in the spirit of honoring our agreement with asylum, would kill off one of the SEVERAL tribes that were attempting to gang bang them, and thus BONDED/Illyria/UNSF family conglomerate recieved its second round of war.
At the very same time, unfortunately our ally Candy was suffering from immense activity issues and could not go on, thusly we incorporated what members they had left still active and picked up their wars as well against Virtus, the behemoth of the far east and north.

Relishing the chance to grind our axes some more we pressed on with both wars and gained the upper hand fairly quickly in both, while asylum struggled to maintain positive growth down to our south in their wars.

Ever the schemer, drattus then went behind our backs and attempted in enlist the help of every tribe still alive on the world (including the ones he was currently at war with) to gang bang XLR. Catching wind of this was not entirely unexpected and thusly XLR struck first with the traitors.

Asylum round 2 was however extremely anti-climactic and ended in a complete bludgeoning. In just about a month, the tribe disbanded and eventually UNSF reformed and the rest merged into Brains.
Which both decided to war us immediately. :)

The final Showdown eventually (tho very little pnp was present at this time and I do believe we even lacked a war declaration) Turned into XLR vs Brains and the rest of her family off shoots.
Unfortunately a final tally can not be gleaned due to TWstats inadequecies but we can still garner stats from one of the participants at least.

XLR vs Brains

Side 1:
Tribes: XLR
Side 2:
Tribes: BRAINS

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 106,946
Side 2: 6,223
Difference: 100,723

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 960,931,653
Side 2: 56,234,921
Difference: 904,696,732

chart

Generally speaking, in the early days I remember XLR generally being overlooked, scoffed at and written off as inconsequential .. as for example:
Code:
15 	XLR 	276.976	276.976 	40	6.924 	83	3.337
With one of the most annoying tribal COA and lowest points per village, XLR are barely hanging on to their 15th position. I'm just waiting for Sarcows to get that one recruit that will bump XLR out.

Yet, over time, opinion eventually swayed to what we always endeavored to be, a fearsome warrior tribe. For much of w19, and we were here from the very start, we cared not for points or easy casual expansion, but for war, and war against bigger and "badder" and "meaner" opponents and we grew to gain that exact reputation. Aside from our very first war against fremen, every single war endeavor we plunged ourself into, we were always grossly outnumbered by points and villages and players. It is my firm belief that through our dedication, wonderful communication, and shear brutality we have finally taken over the entire world.

In any event, I know there is an awful amount of text here and this will become a TL:DR post, but it was one I thought making was necessary.

To all members of XLR past and present, I salute you. None of these grand accomplishments could have been possibly without all of your dedication. As far as tribal wars goes, I am blessed to have had such great people to fight alongside. The comraderie, tenacity, lighthearted banter and skype chats and phone calls we all had together were priceless. I'm so glad we could stick it out to the end and win this world for all XLR members. As stated several times throughout w19 forums: Once XLR, always XLR.

To all our enemies, thanks for all the fun!

images_zps03fc9dce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LOVERLOVER

Gbye world 19! You were and will ALWAYS be the best world out there! Special gbyes to the friends I've made these past 5 years!!

DeletedUser

<3 Sly baby. Ahem Ahem! <3. You still remember those silly ghost hehehe.! ^^

Congrats On Winning World 19. Finally a world won by a group of people we worked so closely with. ^^

Btw Killa, I heard a bloodthirsty predator known as Sparks is searching for you.....

<3 Laura <3 ! CONGRATS EVERYONE ^^

DeletedUser

W19!!!!!

You've been an amazing world. 6 Years.....can you all believe that?? 6 Really good years

In those 6 years we've had people in XLR go through school and university, Get married, Have children (myself included) and plenty of other huge life events, And in that sentence i think it sums up why XLR has been so long lasting and strong as a tribe. We are not only Tribe mates but for most of this world we pretty much lived in each others back pockets, the skype chat has always had hundreds if not thousands of fresh messages whenever you log in, someone is always there and things are always happening. It feels like Family, and i will miss it.

On a personnel level.

Massive thanks to LauraDestroya, Slytown, DrE, Numbers (gingerass), LoverLover........and everyone left in XLR. You've all been amazing players and a take my hat of to you all.

I Wish every single one of you Good Luck and Good Health in your future and in whatever you decide to do. And i hope to play along side you all again as soon as possible

Love you all

Ducky

DeletedUser

Well done everyone to making it to the end. I just didnt have the patient to see it through. Truely still my favourite world of all time.

DeletedUser

I survived it!! 6 years of playing with ups and downs but only the strongest survive. Unlucky that there was one player too strong (but it is not a shame to loose against someone who spend his life on the game).

It was my dream that the game end before my birthday and normally it will succeed (i don't know how long they keep it alive until it is finished completly).

tnx to everyone in my tribe and everyone who i nobled :D.

LauraDestroya

Wow Slytown, thanks for that great history, I vaguely remember some of those wars. I am not known for being long winded, so I won't be changing now. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who played in this world, but most of all to all of the current and previous XLR folks. I will never forget our antics over the years.

DeletedUser

Hey I remember playing in asylum and dratty with Cabana da man with Lover and perhaps Gduck?

Regardless that was a fun time(I might have been using someone else's account tho), and it was the last world I played before I went off to college and I am now in pharmacy school. I remember a majority of you XLR fools, always with your pnp and moderator-players. Good times I wish I could have stuck around longer for the 2nd war, but alas real life comes first.

DeletedUser

Well done everyone. Ive been gone for a few years now but damn. I was hooked on W19 so much that I skipped work by calling in sick just to play 24/7. My then wife had to set the limit... her or tribalwars... i chose her. Biggest mistake ever :p

Thank you everyone for the wonderful time.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
well done to those who won :) there is alot of good people in both XLR and BRAINS. even if they werent friends. they respected each other. i hope that many of you come back to play the game with the same ability or improved talents which you have shown on this world.

i know that this world was was one of the better ones. :)

and ill leave it at that

DeletedUser

A well deserved win for the guys and gals of XLR. I haven't been involved in the world for a long time, but w19 was the only world that I played seriously, and at this rate looks to be the only world I will ever play seriously.

So as far as I am concerned, w19 is TW. Congratulations XLR on winning all of tribalwars. Took you long enough :p

DeletedUser52574

Im glad to see this world finally coming to an end. cant believe its been going for 6 years. I take my hat off to you guys that were active till the end. The way you guys participated in ops against brains was truly amazing and ultimately lead to people leaving and therefor the beginning of the end for us.

I met some great (and bad) people along my time in w19 and although i still play a couple worlds here on tw none of them have anything on w19.

I wish everyone the best and who knows maybe we will do this all again one day:)

Dave

bigboy7foru

W19 was the best world ever Loved playing with everyone!! So many memories!!!! I wish everyone the best and hope you all have good lives!!!!

Aaron aka bigboy7foru

EnglandSoul

Great write up and very pleased to see W19 come to an end. Big congrats to XLR you were a great tribe and a fun enemy to play against, W19 has been my best and favourite world on tribal and so far no other world has came close to it, I wish everyone good luck in the future in whatever you all decide to do.

DeletedUser50836

Whaaaaat W19 is over? I can't believe it.

RIP W19 and XLR, best world and best tribe ever, hands down.

(unless some of y'all wanna rematch... ;D ...you know, like a second marriage...)

DeletedUser

Some jerk kicked me out of the chatroom when Sly added me to it... :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

World 19 was definitely the most interesting world I played. I'm glad to have been a part of it. Congratulations XLR!