The Big Coat Of Arms Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Greetings everyone,

So, I don't know if the mods feel like keeping this topic unlocked or whatever. I don't know if ANYONE is going to participate, so here goes nothing:
The Big Coat Of Arms Contest!

So, what is this about? Simple! Each contestant must try to make the best "Coat Of Arms" in game for a certain "volunteering" tribe. The best "Coat Of Arms" will be chosen by votes of our great, noble and fair community of Tribal Wars. I'm not certain HOW we will manage the voting system, since, apparently, we do not have the permission to create polls, but I'm sure we'll come up with something in time :>.
The Rules Of The Big Coat Of Arms Contest
- Each contestant must choose at least one of the tribes that officially made a COA request on these forums. The more you make, the more chance that one of your COA's will be selected as "THE" best COA!

- Each contestant must work individually (aka: Alone, without help from other people).

- The COA's may contain images that are not created by you. You must, however, provide a link to the images that you have used. Try to avoid images that are copyright protected! No seriously, don't use those!

- The contestants must write a small description about the work they delivered.

- Each COA needs to be watermarked (aka: Signed) by the creator. This watermark may be removed when the contest is over. Not before!

- When you finish your COA, send the required information and links to me, in a private message ON THESE FORUMS (NOT in game! Who knows what happens in that time :>?).

- Everyone is allowed to participate. You didn't make images/COA's/whatever before? So what! Participating is more important then winning!

- When the competition ends, I'll probably make some kind of poll somewhere. I will notify you guys in time ;>.
How to participate?
As A Tribe With Work:​
Reply on this thread with the following information:
- The colour scheme
- The theme (For Example: Dinosaurs!)
- Links to images (Optional, don't make it to hard)
- Required information (In most cases, world and tribe name)
- 3 key phrases (For example: I want metal-like borders with holes in it)

Tribes can reply on this thread until 10 februari, 2009. I don't have a clue about an hour.
As A Contestant:​
- Wait until 10 februari, 2009, when the last tribes have replied
- Pick a tribe from the list (or multiple tribes, don't make it to hard on yourself)

Contestants have time until 16 februari to create the COA they signed up for. Until that date you can sign yourself up on the list as long as there are enough tribes available (first come, first served :>).
Tribes That Offer Work
Hidden Mist - COMPETITOR THAT TOOK THIS CHALLENGE: Radio Controlled Kitsune
- The colour scheme: Free to choose.
- The theme: Hidden villages
- Links to images: Free to choose.
- Required information: "hidden mist ~w30~"
- 3 key phrases: Free to choose.

Bah-NaNa!
- COMPETITOR THAT TOOK THIS CHALLENGE: Atomic Cloud
- The colour scheme: Free to choose.
- The theme: Bananas
- Links to images: Use a banana.
- Required information: None.

Royal Knights of Rome - COMPETITOR THAT TOOK THIS CHALLENGE: JayDie
- The colour scheme- Red and Gold
- The theme- Rome and knights of course
- Links to images- Free to choose.
- Required information- None.

INSOMANIACS - COMPETITOR THAT TOOK THIS CHALLENGE: scuzzi
- The colour scheme : Something with dark and red blending.
- The theme : Insomaniacs.
- Links to images : Free to choose.
- Required information: W30/INSO
- 3 key phrases: Make it your best this far.

Mind over Matter - COMPETITORS THAT TOOK THIS CHALLENGE: Junker., scuzzi
- The colour scheme: Purple and silver.
- The theme: Mind over matter
- Required information: MIND & w30.

FCL
- The colour scheme : You pick, but they must be in a darker context.
- The theme: Strength, and/or intimidation.
- Required information: Optional to the designer, feel free to add the tribal tag or your own name to the CoA.
- 3 key phrases: We would like to see the use of a dagger some were on the CoA.

dexa (Not a tribe, just a player)
- The colour scheme : Some darker contest with red in it.
- The theme: Something with kenpachi blended into Dexa in some fancy way :p
- Required information: You may either use just initals or the whole name.
They Who Will Die Salute You... Close enough?
<NOBODY YET>

I'll *TRY* to keep this list active and up to date. If I fail, then I'm very sorry :>.

Good luck, and have fun!

The Contest Results

Scuzzi
MIND
"Above you can see chaos and disorder. Randomness. In the centre is the eye, insightful & controlled, seeing the chaos and making sense out of it. Heightened intuition and clarity. Such is the gift of the psychic."

or19nk.jpg

INSOMANIACS
"I must admit, at first glance I thought this said INSOMNIACS. So I started this project on that theme. I’ll explain the thought process and how it relates to the ACTUAL theme.

The most common cause of Insomnia is an overworked and overwhelmed mind. When we overthink everything and don’t deal with it, the mind becomes too active to allow the body to rest. The graphic here depicts that active mind – stress, mental tension, perhaps neurological disorder.

And so to the actual theme: INSOMANIACS

There is an almost maniacal disorder seen here, and it can be equated to either physical, mental or emotional state of being.

I’m sorry it is not blended, but I felt that blending it too much would lose the impact of the symbol."

x10pjs.jpg

FLC
"Made some extra."

122c707.jpg

FLC
"Made some extra."

k0kq2x.jpg

JayDie
RKR
"To be honnest, I'm not really happy with the result, but that doesn't surprise me as I didn't put much work into it. I think RKR will be happy, though (I hope).
It's hard to combine ROME and KNIGHTS together, so I've choose to stick to the ROME theme a bit more. I barely had to do anything, as the image I used was nice enough.
I tried to make a marble like thing to add some text on it. I hope you guys find it better then I do :>.
"

rkrcoacontestub6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Apparently yeah...
If I want to make multiple CoAs, I need to sign in multiple times?

DeletedUser

So I have to sign up to make one?

Um, yeah that's the point :>. But as a contestant you can't sign up yet until the tribes have stopped signing up :>.

Oh I forgot to mention the price: 5 premium points. Might be more. Depends on how happy I am at the moment :>.

DeletedUser

Apparently yeah...
If I want to make multiple CoAs, I need to sign in multiple times?

No, you sign up once and just mention the Tribes that have signed up on the list for which you will make a COA. :>

DeletedUser

so are you asking tribes to sign up for people to make them COA then we vote on the best one ?

DeletedUser

Yes. I know their are kind of strange rules etc... but I think it might get funny :>.

DeletedUser

and who will give out the prize ? the tribe or you ??

Me, of course. It would be kinda lame if I let other people pay for my contest don't you think :icon_rolleyes:. It's a nice idea however... . Mmmm. ^^

DeletedUser

jay can there be made coa to single persons to ? would be cool if that where a possibility.

DeletedUser

Then i would like to sign up myself Dexa and my tribe INSO

DeletedUser

Then i would like to sign up myself Dexa and my tribe INSO

How to participate?
As A Tribe With Work:​
Reply on this thread with the following information:
- The colour scheme
- The theme (For Example: Dinosaurs!)
- Links to images (Optional, don't make it to hard)
- Required information (In most cases, world and tribe name)
- 3 key phrases (For example: I want metal-like borders with holes in it)

^^'. Fill that in :>. Else I won't know what you want :>.

DeletedUser

i would like to enter my tribe MIST

- The colour scheme- be creative
- The theme- hidden village
- Links to images- thats for you to decide
- Required information- hidden mist ~w30~
- 3 key phrases- again what you like...

DeletedUser

Honestly, signing up sounds pretty pointless. :/

Well, maybe yes... . Depends on how you look at it :/. The tribes that participate are part of the jury of course. They have to give a detailed review in how happy they are with the COA that was created. As I said, the rules are pretty hard to understand (even for me, to give you an idea).

If you have suggestions however, you are always allowed to post them :>.

DeletedUser

I like JayDie's imagination and creativity; good on you...

I think a CoA is pointless however.. i'll prob be rimmed tomorrow... so don't take my advice seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.