The Chocolate Easter Bunny

Sayak

I agree with this back when I first started, It took ages for new worlds to open up and this wasnt that far back... People are just hopping from one world to another. Killing the rest. TW should open up W38, 39, 40 and thats it stop from there. Until all worlds are nearly closed. People have lost loyalty to there worlds.

DeletedUser

I remember there was a time a world meant something. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Hrm. I’m not sure if I should feel offended by what’s being insinuated, or berating myself for reading too much into this. Either way, I suppose since I never gave any formal ‘quit’ post, or explanation to anyone outside of EvoKe as to why I left W33, this post can serve a dual purpose.

PART 1: My departure. (Highly uninteresting and taking up space, hence spoiler. Short version: I quit for RL reasons, not anything TW related in the end.)

[spoil]I quit W33 and W34 for RL reasons, which anyone who was actually affected by my departure knows the details of. I wasn’t under attack on either world, I hadn’t been wiped out in well over a month, I hadn’t recently been so much as scouted let alone nobled. (With the exception of a Mr Men player catting me prior to my nobling them in return.)

And the worst loss I suffered on W34 was of my own making, when I offered to help clear a village several seconds ahead of a tribe mate’s noble train. And this was by the time I already had 4 or 5 (can’t remember exactly) villages well on their way to maxed out farm capacity, so it wasn’t much of a problem in game terms. Other than that, the worst attack to hit me there was made up of about 50 scouts, if I recall rightly.

I was definitely too lazy to keep my W33 account in order to wait out the RL issues and then send noble trains out of my area though. >)

But I didn’t quit w33 or w34 in order to join newer worlds… as evident from my lacking any w35, 36 or 37 accounts.

Whether new worlds would or wouldn't be opening soon, would have made no difference to my quitting. Though having said that, it actually wouldn't bother me, as I'm pretty over the core, and fully intend on joining the rim of some world when I return. Rim tribe, anyone?![/spoil]

/end my 'quit explanation' part of this post.

PART 2.

That aside, I do (partly) agree with the main message here. Worlds open crazy fast.

But I don’t think the ‘usual’ players, or even TW, can solely be blamed for this. I think part of the problem is worlds accept X number of players, then you need Prem to join, at which point they need to open the next world (as has been recently witnessed with the W36/37 issues). The problem here being that a vast number of the players who joined (for example) W36, filling it up to a point where W37 had to be opened, won’t actually be there in a month. If those players weren't joining, new worlds wouldn't be filling, hence new worlds wouldn't be opening.

Yes, worlds do open crazy fast, which means there isn’t any external incentive to stick to a single world long-term. But is that really TW’s fault? Or should players have more willpower to tough it out?

If a player is wiped out, and in a good tribe, shouldn't they be able to rally? The fact there's a new world bound to open soon shouldn't matter, if the player is actually committed to the current world/tribe.

When I was getting catted to dust by a 1453 (I think that's the right order the numbers went in?) player, it took a couple of days for Evolve to arrange timed support, and get it sent (much credit to Rizzler, for organising that). Once it arrived, and the player attacked again, his O force was wiped out and he restarted. And I went to work on rebuilding.

When I had my academy catted to dust by Mr Men, it took a total of 3 days for me to rebuild it, get two nobles, and noble the attacker. Which was definitely not thanks to any skill/farming on my part, but the amazing efforts of everyone in Evolve helping out with what res's they could.

There's no reason a player should need to instantly choose a new world, over rebuilding, if they're in a supportive tribe. And maybe enough just aren't.

(Note: Above two examples are meant to highlight the amazing work Evolve did as a tribe, and not any great ability of my own. In case that slipped by anyone. :icon_twisted: )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hey, that was early world :p

pfftt wouldn't anybody? xD (another exp of me quitting a world in frustration cause as a 7th grader, I couldn't handle it )
I thought, at first, that the line was actually: 'another exp of me quitting a world in frustration cause of a 7th grader, I couldn't handle it'

I reread it and was disappointed :'(

DeletedUser

lol :p. But yeah as everyone else alive and kicking and playing tw since the first world i also think the quality of players has gone down as well as alot more players quitting faster then ever be it because of being attacked, boredom, own troops killed ect. I have to also agree with the fact that the times of opening new worlds is 2 fast. Everyone is saying to limit the worlds so everyone actually stays and doesn't leave at the first sign of any trouble or anything.

DeletedUser

To be honest. I think it's just the opposite.

Players skill level didn't go down.
It's the few players willing to learn and strive getting better and better. Thus forcing the ones learning slower to quit when attacked.

DeletedUser

The speed of this world initially really discouraged me. It takes forever to build an army and, boy, when you lose it... the set back is harsh.

At the same time, I started an account on w36 and am ready to ditch that account after only 3 weeks. That world's crazy -- my tribe leader says he expects every account to be active 24 hours a day. Everyone is required to sit whenever they are on and is required to find sitters for their nights.

Sorry, but no. It stops being my account when half the time I would hand it off to one guy and have 3 others sit it by the time I came back on. What's the point?

This world may be slow but it's doing a good job weeding out the more inexperienced and less persistant players. It's long-term strategy and diligence that will win in this world.

DeletedUser

The speed of this world initially really discouraged me. It takes forever to build an army and, boy, when you lose it... the set back is harsh.

At the same time, I started an account on w36 and am ready to ditch that account after only 3 weeks. That world's crazy -- my tribe leader says he expects every account to be active 24 hours a day. Everyone is required to sit whenever they are on and is required to find sitters for their nights.

Sorry, but no. It stops being my account when half the time I would hand it off to one guy and have 3 others sit it by the time I came back on. What's the point?

This world may be slow but it's doing a good job weeding out the more inexperienced and less persistant players. It's long-term strategy and diligence that will win in this world.

QFT, you surely cant just throw around your army and build it back up like in w2, 4, 10, basically 1.5 speed and higher.

DeletedUser

Tic tocs right :icon_idea:
I've made enimies on purpose to make this game what I assume they had in mind when they created it FUN!!!
But even before they're totally defeated they run like lemmings off a cliff to a newly opened world :icon_rolleyes:
It's just easier.......
Basically the lack of effort is annoying.
It's to easy to say to hell with this I'll just change worlds...
Bottom line is ( yes this is coming from a noob) is the settings on this world are to challenging to anybody but the most commited players. < period!!!!

Guftawl

hasnt anybody noticed the overall TW stats its down 50,000 players in the last 6 months.
This still has to be a business it has to make enough $ (or euros or whatever) to pay for servers, bandwidth, tech support.
I've been on several worlds where circumstances didnt allow me to farm 7x24, or stay awake for 166 hours or avoid the player who worked at the same level but started 2 weeks earlier and simply farmed me to death. This can be a brutal game thats why so many young guys enjoy it. its a vicarious testosterone thrill. (did i speel that right).

DeletedUser

hasnt anybody noticed the overall TW stats its down 50,000 players in the last 6 months.
This still has to be a business it has to make enough $ (or euros or whatever) to pay for servers, bandwidth, tech support.
I've been on several worlds where circumstances didnt allow me to farm 7x24, or stay awake for 166 hours or avoid the player who worked at the same level but started 2 weeks earlier and simply farmed me to death. This can be a brutal game thats why so many young guys enjoy it. its a vicarious testosterone thrill. (did i speel that right).

I didn't realise it was that interesting. I play it because I got addicted to it and I love the competition. I'm not sweating and getting a six pack from it though.