The Essence of Troop Whoring

DeletedUser

The Essence of Troop Whoring

What is troops whoring?
A: The idea of prioritizing large masses of troops over village production.

This is a term that is widely used as a recruitment requirement, and I have been noticing it being used more frequently since w35. I do not know the whereabouts of this tactic or who invented it, but I do know the logic/theory behind it.

In theory Communism is a very well thought out and organized way of management. Unfortunately when put into practice the greed of man overcomes and corrupts the very nature of it. I see troop whoring as a similar idea, or way of logic. In theory, the use of mass amounts of troops seems a sound strategy in order to overcome your enemies. However, as we have all witnessed (well mainly me as I cannot judge your experiences) when the theory is orchestrated failure seems to follow.

Throughout history it is understood that war brings only; confusion, destruction, brutality, sorrow, pain, and expensive army upkeep. Money makes the world go round, and it certainly plays a huge role in war.

Imagine if a country were to draft every man he could find and send them off to fight. The amount of people back at home working will not be enough to supply the large amounts of men at the battles. Resources are needed to keep these men going, such as food, water, ammunition, and most of all new recruits.

In war, the general must always consider troops losses, it is inevitable that you will loose troops. The only option would be simply, how fast the player can replenish the ranks. Keeping the army healthy with a quick supply of fresh men to fill the ranks of those lost or wounded.

To be able to support armies a player’s resources are the key to success. The ability to create mass amounts of resources in order to spend on large amounts of troops is your advantage. The goal is simply to be able to create troops at a faster pace then your enemies.

Here in TW the ability of quick replacements can be simply linked to a player’s Military Building Levels and their hourly income (Which includes farming). The essence of troop whoring allows the player to concentrate solely on troops rather then production management. Troop whoring already creates great importance for each unit the player controls. The loss of a few men can become a serious problem. For the troop whore the ability of recruiting troops quickly will initially be impossible since all available resources were prioritized solely on troops and not production. Discarding the use of production which would allowed allow the player to quickly gain access to more resources and troops.

The ideology of troop whoring can be well played if used correctly. Focusing on just resources and buildings would classify the player as a point whore, which I will not be looking at in this essay. In order for the troop whoring to work, a player must know what to build and what to train. The player must know the consequences of each decision they make. Building a queue of axe instead of upgrading your farm can be an example. The general troop whore is an extreme, and not the right way of equalizing your village. To be able to match your HQ queues with your military ones is the key. Troops are a priority but building your village up is just as important.

To conclude, Troop whoring is simply not enough to out do your opponent. A well suited army can only be strong when backed up by a productive HQ. Any other way is simply not going to work. Of course there will be exceptions, as does everything in life. Understand that this is only my view/opinion; my way is not the only way as there are many right ways in playing this game. The ability to master such knowledge is through effort and experience.

I am eager to hear your opinions on this.

Thank you for your time,

Sentrii

Other TW Essay Topic/Debate

The “Experienced Player”
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=4700755#post4700755

Upcoming Topics

The Veteran player

Where you come in
These topics are simply to inform the general TW community. If you have any suggestions for topics please mail me via forum mail or through Skype.

DeletedUser51929

not this sort of thing again >.>

and what qualifys you to deduce this?

Your our BUFFET

Miller d, You are annoying me. He is giving a solid opinion, to help new players. Just go along with this and stop trying to act "cool".

Your our BUFFET

And I find these interesting, if you don't like it, don't post.

DeletedUser51929

I was copying the first post from his other thread to keep things consistant.

DeletedUser

Its weird I remember when me publicly saying stuff like this was met with a lot of criticism things like this and opd whoring were looked up at, and those times I and others made threads. However I think the paradigm has shifted this is just trite and over done. If you want to discuss something talk about the degradation of the tribal level of game play. Or the lack of people who put up with situations and bastardize the rules to start accounts until they get a good spot then quit if they get spiked once. Talk about how they are shown as great players when in reality they are the worst types of players to have in your tribe. Something that isnt over done.

DeletedUser

Its weird I remember when me publicly saying stuff like this was met with a lot of criticism things like this and opd whoring were looked up at, and those times I and others made threads. However I think the paradigm has shifted this is just trite and over done. If you want to discuss something talk about the degradation of the tribal level of game play. Or the lack of people who put up with situations and bastardize the rules to start accounts until they get a good spot then quit if they get spiked once. Talk about how they are shown as great players when in reality they are the worst types of players to have in your tribe. Something that isnt over done.

I am currnetly writing a guide skewed towards tribe>self...don't worry

DeletedUser

troop whoring is as bad as pointwhoring.

It depends on the player on what troops should be "troop whored".
You already a a TW member since 2008 but you comment is like a noobish thing to me.

The topic about troop whoring is good, the only thing missing here are:
1. What kind of troops...
2. When to use those troops
3. The advantages and so on...

Which we can easily answered by "READ THE GUIDE" & "EXPERIENCED IT"...

OFFTOPIC:
Sorry to the people on my clustered :axemen: & :spear: will visit your town. ^_^ to form my :lightcavalry:

DeletedUser

Point growth is generally has a correlation between active farming as well as sufficient amount of troops.

DeletedUser

Focusing on just one thing is not good to do. Troop whores might have more troops at the very beginning but those doing both will quickly over take them and be much larger.

DeletedUser

lol what the heck who ever calls them calles are noobs any one calls them self a point whore should just die

You can't really whore troups can you the max you can have without a bonus village is 24k population you can't get past tha unless you have a population bonus villages so why call your self a troup whore everyone will eventualy get thier troups up that much or die trying. so there is no need to boast to whine or shit about being a troup whore.

I just read the title

/thread

DeletedUser13939

It's possible to troop-whore and still be able to keep the army up and going. :|

DeletedUser

lol what the heck who ever calls them calles are noobs any one calls them self a point whore should just die

You can't really whore troups can you the max you can have without a bonus village is 24k population you can't get past tha unless you have a population bonus villages so why call your self a troup whore everyone will eventualy get thier troups up that much or die trying. so there is no need to boast to whine or shit about being a troup whore.

I just read the title

/thread

well I was stating how troop whoring is bad and usless so need repeat what I just stated.

It depends on the player on what troops should be "troop whored".
You already a a TW member since 2008 but you comment is like a noobish thing to me.

The topic about troop whoring is good, the only thing missing here are:
1. What kind of troops...
2. When to use those troops
3. The advantages and so on...

Which we can easily answered by "READ THE GUIDE" & "EXPERIENCED IT"...

OFFTOPIC:
Sorry to the people on my clustered :axemen: & :spear: will visit your town. ^_^ to form my :lightcavalry:

Well thanks for the feed back, but i will need to say just because someones forum acc was created in 08 it does not he has been playing since then. I had my acc banned twice, and I am no noob, just a decent player with common sense.

I am currnetly writing a guide skewed towards tribe>self...don't worry
I look forward to reading this, I will be writting more as time allows

Thanks for the topic ideas, will get to work as soon as possible. I feel these mini explanations will catch the eye of some noobs who are willing to learn. perhaps even change the minds of the current noobs who think they know what is right. eople need to learn, but we need to give them the knowledge, its their choice to accept it.

not this sort of thing again >.>

and what qualifys you to deduce this?

well what deduces you to ask for deducing qualifcations of which deduce your inability to deduce you duce.

^try to make sense of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51929

well what deduces you to ask for deducing qualifcations of which deduce your inability to deduce you duce.

^try to make sense of it.

:icon_razz: sounds like mumbo jumbo to me, and to many duce's turn into juice, So i ask, Want juice?

DeletedUser

Nice topic, balance is certainly the key to this game, however you could say that basing your production around troops is almost like troopwhoring, however if your building up your barracks/stables in the hq, which leads to building wh + farm aswell is a version of troopwhoring surely? And that would work effectively up to a point.

DeletedUser

Nice topic, balance is certainly the key to this game, however you could say that basing your production around troops is almost like troopwhoring, however if your building up your barracks/stables in the hq, which leads to building wh + farm aswell is a version of troopwhoring surely? And that would work effectively up to a point.

very true, but you cant soley build troops and forget about the rest. Logically its ineffiecient