The Experienced Player

DeletedUser

I have noticed the term "experienced" player being thrown around in the last 5-6 worlds. It almost seems that every tribe calls themselves "experienced". Surely not every player or tribe is experienced because none of these tribes actually last until nobles, or if they do don't last long after that.

What is an experienced player?

Now, for those of us who have learnt much of this game, over the years have taken it upon ourselves to teach some of the new-comers. Guides have been written for almost everything you can encounter in this game. A player can read the guide, and know what the basics are, however the guide does not give you hands on experience for such knowledge. Reading these guides does not mean you are experienced. Neither does the fact that you may have mustered up 300 villages. Being able to amass such a number of villages does not characterize you as an experienced player.

The experienced player should without a doubt be a player who has been in this game long enough to have encountered Rim, Core, Start up rush to various objectives, Versatility on different world settings, Nobles, Multi villages, Noob war, Real war, Coordination, Timing, and a few more which I can't think about right now. The reasoning, to be experienced, a player should have ventured through all or most of the games tactics more then once. They are to be comfortable in any situation and know what to do as he/she has experienced it before.

"The Decent Player"

I understand that there are players who have managed to learn this game in a short matter of time. Yet, they are not experienced as they have not seen everything. I am not saying these players are bad in any way. These players are a great asset to any tribe due to the fact that they are fast learners. These players are usually pretty committed and loyal. They do not have some ego that needs to be exhalted in any way. Decent players are very valuable to the tribe because they do not will do what is best for the tribe and not themselves. The experienced can sometimes have a temper, but not always. I would say that 30% of the TW community are decent players. This leaves about 10% for EXPERIENCED and 60% for the noobs.

The best way in spotting these "experienced" players would be their over use of the very word Experienced.

Hope my point got across,

Sentrii

Any comments?

DeletedUser

The experienced player should without a doubt be a player who has been in this game long enough to have encountered Rim, Core, Start up rush to various objectives, Versatility on different world settings, Nobles, Multi villages, Noob war, Real war, Coordination, Timing ...

I suddenly feel sufficiently deficient.

Please, excuse me while I cry over my Ben and Jerry's...

On topic: thoughtful and well-composed. However there will always be varying levels of 'experience'. One can never categorically define something whose inclusive expanse is so large and blurry. I suppose you can always draw a line in the sand, and say, "This is where decent ends and experienced begins.", but that is quite a tall order.

From person to person, that line will shift quite drastically. Such is the crux of subjective reasoning. You can even look at this macroscopically: say I am 'experienced' on world such-and-such, but the overall quality of the world is down. I then jump to world so-and-so, and suddenly my superior 'experience' has been comparatively reduced to merely 'decent'. Compound that with the realization that this is furthermore complicated by the fact that we thusly define these terms in relation to each other as players. "I am 'experienced' next to you, being only 'decent' in comparison to me.".

I think you can see the pitfall of trying to empirically organize these categories. You can do so insofar as you have an immutable standard; but in this circumstance the standard is predictably fluid, dependent on momentary comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

People like to call them selves experienced in the same way they like to call themselves veterans if they've been playing for quite a while. They ignore the fact that how long you've been playing is not an indication of how good you are.

DeletedUser

I think the Term "Experienced Player" relates to how much a player knows the game. Not necessarily their skill level. I don't think "experience" has anything to do with how skilled a player is (how good). I mean obviously the more experienced you are the better you should be. You can be a very experienced player (example: playing 3 years) but only being an average talent. Experience just in my mind means that a player knows the game and knows what he/she is doing but they might not be able to send coordinated attack or back time, and that has to do with their skill.

So that's my opinion.

-TehDarkOne*

jakeeboy

Hmmm and then there are those people who are Decent but closer to experienced than nooby. Just depends what you consider Decent and what you consider experienced.

Your our BUFFET

This is one of my favorite threads. Am I experienced? No one knows...

DeletedUser

Hmmm and then there are those people who are Decent but closer to experienced than nooby. Just depends what you consider Decent and what you consider experienced.

I was vey clear in stating that a decent player can still be a good player, but cannot consider himself experienced as he has not experienced everything this game has to teach. If he has, then it is not enough. Exeptions may coincide.

DeletedUser

I was vey clear in stating that a decent player can still be a good player, but cannot consider himself experienced as he has not experienced everything this game has to teach. If he has, then it is not enough. Exeptions may coincide.

What you're missing is that it's all subjective and mostly grey, not black and white.

DeletedUser

so what is an experienced player
one who can noble 10 villys in the same second
one who cna juggle 10 million in accounts
one who cna time a 150 ms train
one who can own face on frontline
these are all good but a valuable player is one who lives by a few rules
numba 1. for the good of the tribe
numba 2. i dont care who takes it as logn as it's in the tribe
numba 3. listen to what ur leader says about 80% they will be right (if u have a good leader)
numba 4. sit at every chance possible help ur freinds out
numba 5. u can always squeeze a few mroe k troops to send as support
numba 6. nukes are for using not looking at :icon_twisted:
numba 7. help out with everything u can no matter how small and good things will happen in forms such as possible gifting premy ress nukes give unto others and others will give unto you

DeletedUser

No matter how good you are,you cant always win.I have been in just about every situation lol

DeletedUser

No matter how you put it even experienced players can fail badly, so there is no such thing as exerienced players until you prove it.:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

See, I would tend to disagree with that assessment. I consider myself to be an experienced player as there isn't much in this game that I haven't seen. Yet, I consider myself to be a decent player when it comes to actual game skills. I never have, nor will I ever be a top ranked player because I choose not to put that kind of effort into this game. Doesn't mean I don't know how if I wanted to do it. Just means I'm too lazy.