The Experienced Player

DeletedUser

Where would you place me?

well i know who you are, played against you on w40. You know what you are doing,I guess I would put you under experienced player. However I do not know how much of this you have played.

See, I would tend to disagree with that assessment. I consider myself to be an experienced player as there isn't much in this game that I haven't seen. Yet, I consider myself to be a decent player when it comes to actual game skills. I never have, nor will I ever be a top ranked player because I choose not to put that kind of effort into this game. Doesn't mean I don't know how if I wanted to do it. Just means I'm too lazy.

This is true but it holds the variable of laziness.
To start, A decent player has experienced most of which this game offers, but not enough experience in it. You claim to be experienced in knowledge, however when it comes to implementing it into the game you claim to be decent. The experienced player's gaming skills should be of higher standards then the normal. They should know what to impliment and when as this should be a reflex to past experiences. Furthurmore,by saying you just know you can make top ranking doesn't mean you can. Alot of guides would teach you how to reach the top, yet can you impliment such directions. For the decent player the knowledge is there but the implication is not always present.

No matter how you put it even experienced players can fail badly, so there is no such thing as exerienced players until you prove it.:icon_eek:

I agree, people can have a bad world once and a while. Although if its every world and they call themselves experienced, well its reatorical.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nein! It is mine!

But not seriously, I always thought I was overrated as a player so yeah :icon_smile: Good work on this.

So...? I can have the title now? :3
Get you mister "overrated" player, I've never been rated :lol:

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
See, I would tend to disagree with that assessment. I consider myself to be an experienced player as there isn't much in this game that I haven't seen. Yet, I consider myself to be a decent player when it comes to actual game skills. I never have, nor will I ever be a top ranked player because I choose not to put that kind of effort into this game. Doesn't mean I don't know how if I wanted to do it. Just means I'm too lazy.

I find, over recent weeks, that I am increasingly agreeing with pyker on many things :icon_smile:

I too consider myself to be "experienced", in that I've played a fair bit, on a few worlds.

I consider myself "informed" in that I understand a wide range of strategies, and have developed a view of which is appropriate when (for example, Heavy Cavalry Strategy works far better on a 15-tech world than an unlimited one.)

I consider myself "below average" in terms of the MECHANICS of game skills. I seldom get a train faster than two seconds.

I consider myself "self-aware" in that I _know_ I'm lousy at trains, so have found a game-playing style that got me to 1m on W38, and let me hand over my account in good working order to a player who had the time and skills required to bring it forward.

(As an aside, because of that, I'm not playing the MarkHarrison account on W45 - You can find me in-game as "aardvarkman")

portugal737

I would like to think that I am VERY experienced at this game. More then people give me credit for because I have a diff account.

World 10, I have just about 10 million points. I can prove it here on the forums as well. Name is borut123
World 13, under this name world 13 I have 2.2 mil. Not much of a WOW
Portuguese server world 4 got 13mil and made a tribe become 275 mil.

Know most strategy's and all. Can send a train in less then 1.1 seconds. Record is 1.03 seconds : D

Been playing for 3 years now.

Love to talk, so shoot me a mail if you would like to. I can help people out if you like.

Nauzhror

Know most strategy's and all. Can send a train in less then 1.1 seconds. Record is 1.03 seconds : D

1.1 seconds is horrible. Any decent player would tear you to shreds if you sent that. My trains average .3 seconds and I can split under .1 seconds easily.

DeletedUser

This sounds more like the Nauz I'm sure I heard of back on UK1.

Nauzhror

This sounds more like the Nauz I'm sure I heard of back on UK1.

I didn't play UK1 long at all, but was rank 1 a large portion of W2 uk and ended BP at rank 1 on W3 uk but then started a second job and couldn't keep up w/o sitters on a world that fast.

DeletedUser

Mmm, I only remember seeing your forum posts and watching you argue with a few others. I think I got to rank 1 on UK1 for like a few hours and that's it ¬_¬ But stayed in the top 20 for the best part of a month

portugal737

Meh, w.e Internet is slow. And show me a good player who would tear me out, I really want to meat that person : D

DeletedUser

I once pulled a 3 min 21.7 sec train, i was like 'Bow before mah might, me be godlike'. :eek:
How are you able to do 1.03 trains is beyond me, i bet you are a liar.
I once saw my tribemate send a 2 minute 11 sec train. Damn he was good, he was like ranked 213th on k05 too, thought me everything i know about TW.

Nauzhror

I once pulled a 3 min 21.7 sec train, i was like 'Bow before mah might, me be godlike'. :eek:
How are you able to do 1.03 trains is beyond me, i bet you are a liar.
I once saw my tribemate send a 2 minute 11 sec train. Damn he was good, he was like ranked 213th on k05 too, thought me everything i know about TW.

:lol: If I hadn't had you sit me in the past when I was at work and had you successfully split a 72 ms train for me while doing so I'd be really worried how you got into Ego.