The Impact of Militia?

DeletedUser

I quite fancy the new Account management
"-Village Manager: you can enter fixed building levels that are built automatically"

Eh, there are scripts that practically do that. Its just a lazy tool.

DeletedUser96048

Eh, there are scripts that practically do that. Its just a lazy tool.

Well true, theres Certain occurances where thats a virtue though, like i use IE because i can't access the internet at home for a while and my public library limits downloads, meaning i can't use any other browser. this is annoying but with the management it will ease my pain!

DeletedUser

Well true, theres Certain occurances where thats a virtue though, like i use IE because i can't access the internet at home for a while and my public library limits downloads, meaning i can't use any other browser. this is annoying but with the management it will ease my pain!

IE is the devil. That really sucks for you.

DeletedUser

they reduce your resources i thought...why would you sacrifice that? i need to get in world and use them before making a sound jugment

DeletedUser

they reduce your resources i thought...why would you sacrifice that? i need to get in world and use them before making a sound jugment

lets say someone's farming u with 50 spears and his pally. let's assume you're a pointwhore so u build little to no troops. would you sacrifice 3 hours of production (6 hours at 50% capacity) in order to kill his 50 spears? well, if he only attacked you once perhaps it would not be worth it. but you know those 50 spears are just gonna come back again and again. kill them once, you wont have to worry about him for days. that's the thing. militia are extremely useful in the early days if you have the misfortune of being farmed. and if you didn't really bother to build resource fields and just went for troops then you won't suffer much from the 50% penalty so its a win-win.
in some ways i can see this encouraging offensive players to go all out and have their way without having to worry about def troops.
on the other hand it will be quite a nuisance for those of us who have the misfortune of running into a stubborn farm.

i'm finding it hard to make up my mind whether or not it's a good thing, guess we'll just wait and see.
guess allot more people will be rushing cats now eh?:) can't call the militia if they have no farms, can they ^^

DeletedUser

Looking forward to test this militias thing.
one thing for sure, farming noobs will be a bit harder now. That sucks big time.

bt looking forward to see how people will adapt to them.

DeletedUser

I must apolgize for my ignorance here but I have neither read this whole topic nor researched this addition so...

Can this "militia" be used to spike?

DeletedUser

I must apolgize for my ignorance here but I have neither read this whole topic nor researched this addition so...

Can this "militia" be used to spike?
No.
You can't move them out of the village, ergo you can't attack, support nor snipe with them.

DeletedUser

No.
You can't move them out of the village, ergo you can't attack, support nor snipe with them.

Thank you, I was not willing to drop/risk production just to try to figure that out...though it seemed unrealistic since they're not featured in the RP, I woulda likely been stuck with them if I'd tested them, right? As in, they must die or can just be deleted? :D

KeegiKolmas

Thank you, I was not willing to drop/risk production just to try to figure that out...though it seemed unrealistic since they're not featured in the RP, I woulda likely been stuck with them if I'd tested them, right? As in, they must die or can just be deleted? :D

they live 6 hour :p

DeletedUser

Gorth, you are genious. Or a lier. Or both ;) Cause militia serves in innogames (Grepolis khe-khe) already years long.
I am aware. It was my idea to bring them over to Tribalwars. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Please share your opinions. Do you think militia are a nuisance or useful?

Toby

The mass tribes will stay for much longer and w54 will become a haven for noobs, with this option players who cuddle thir troops will be easier to send support.

All in all I think this world will be full of surprises for challenge lovers and agony for old foxes who don't adapt.

Probably the best thread so far, congrats to my good old rival Toby :icon_wink: