The New Graphics Blog!

DeletedUser

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

*cough* Update OP *cough*

scaled.php

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No self-discipline? I have the same issue. I've always thought of it as just procrastination, but I guess it's not really. It feels much the same for me as what you described. "Oh, I'll make myself a schedule and follow it to make sure I get all my work done on time and then have time to goof off!" Nope, doesn't happen. I make the schedule, and then it all fizzles out. "Oh, I'll sit down and do all my homework at the start of winter break so I don't have a mad rush at the end!" I go back to school in two days, and I've barely started. :(

One thing that helps me is getting friends involved. If I get someone else to enforce punishments or rewards, it helps me. For example, my dad pays my gym membership if I go enough times during the month (and I procrastinate on that, but I do get it done eventually... :p). If you can do something like that, it could help.

Rambling on... This also reminds me of when I was on the swim team. It's a pretty universal condition among swimmers that we never like getting in the pool. Being in the water is just fine, but getting in... Ugh! Looking at the cold water is just so miserable. The best solution my friends and I found was for some people to push others in, and then the people in the water splash those on the sides. The people on the sides were already cold and wet then, so they just jumped in. You can use this as a metaphor if you want, or just ignore it as a ramble.

Love you, Harb! <3 Oh, and I enjoyed the rest of the blog as well. The video was interesting. I liked the music choice. I don't have enough graphics knowledge to say more. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

No self-discipline? I have the same issue. I've always thought of it as just procrastination, but I guess it's not really. It feels much the same for me as what you described. "Oh, I'll make myself a schedule and follow it to make sure I get all my work done on time and then have time to goof off!" Nope, doesn't happen. I make the schedule, and then it all fizzles out. "Oh, I'll sit down and do all my homework at the start of winter break so I don't have a mad rush at the end!" I go back to school in two days, and I've barely started. :(

One thing that helps me is getting friends involved. If I get someone else to enforce punishments or rewards, it helps me. For example, my dad pays my gym membership if I go enough times during the month (and I procrastinate on that, but I do get it done eventually... :p). If you can do something like that, it could help.

Rambling on... This also reminds me of when I was on the swim team. It's a pretty universal condition among swimmers that we never like getting in the pool. Being in the water is just fine, but getting in... Ugh! Looking at the cold water is just so miserable. The best solution my friends and I found was for some people to push others in, and then the people in the water splash those on the sides. The people on the sides were already cold and wet then, so they just jumped in. You can use this as a metaphor if you want, or just ignore it as a ramble.

Love you, Harb! <3 Oh, and I enjoyed the rest of the blog as well. The video was interesting. I liked the music choice. I don't have enough graphics knowledge to say more. :icon_wink:

I am reminded of the old saying: "self-discipline in the key element in self-respect, and self-respect is the key element in courage", but you can look at that backwards as-well: "courage is the key element in self-respect, and self-respect is the key element in self-discipline". All I need is more confidence and self-respect, the weak do not have self-respect, so therefore I believe before I can go anywhere I need to become stronger (in many aspects) and respect myself because of it. /My logic.

You too <3 Glad you liked it :) Lindsey Stirling rocks! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser102804

When will the next one be up? I'm doing blogs for another GFX site, so if you'd like some help with it at all, just let me know.

DeletedUser

I'll be doing this soon, spent my spare time on the BOTG, SOTW and Collab thing lately. Sorry about the wait, should be up by/on the weekend, fairly full schedule this week.

DeletedUser

No - They all still exist but the links need updating - may have something to do with the new look of the blog website?

DeletedUser

Yes the links were broken due to the new format. I have updated them. Thanks for the heads-up.

DeletedUser102804

It's been a few months since the last one, Harb.

I'd be glad to help you out with getting material to write about.

King Sean04

Once upon a time, we had a blog. The blog was entertaining and well thought out, until one day it stopped. The people who usually read the blog became distraught due to lack of good reading material in this section. How are we to know of new pieces from various people? Many questions have been left unanswered. The people proclaimed to the blog gods "Please, oh great One, give us another blog post. The children are dying due to lack of blogging!" Their cries were left without answers.

And that kids, is what happens when you're bored and have nothing to do.

P.S. Harb I demand a blog post :lol:

DeletedUser

Once upon a time, we had a blog. The blog was entertaining and well thought out, until one day it stopped. The people who usually read the blog became distraught due to lack of good reading material in this section. How are we to know of new pieces from various people? Many questions have been left unanswered. The people proclaimed to the blog gods "Please, oh great One, give us another blog post. The children are dying due to lack of blogging!" Their cries were left without answers.

And that kids, is what happens when you're bored and have nothing to do.

P.S. Harb I demand a blog post :lol:

I'm slowly working on one, been busy. New course, football, family, all that. It's coming. :icon_razz:

Also this new forum is ugly as... Well, I'm not going to say what I really think. Just that this new forum is horrendous. Really not a fan, it's going to be very annoying to frequent it.
:icon_razz:

King Sean04

I know that feel harb... I don't like the layout either. But I am glad you are working on another blog :p

DeletedUser

Harb if you need a hand writing the blog then skype or mail me with what you want me to do :)

DeletedUser

I'm slowly working on one, been busy. New course, football, family, all that. It's coming. :icon_razz:

Also this new forum is ugly as... Well, I'm not going to say what I really think. Just that this new forum is horrendous. Really not a fan, it's going to be very annoying to frequent it.
:icon_razz:

Yeah, why did they update it? :/ I liked it how it was...