The TeachU TW Textbook

DeletedUser

I'm not saying this isn't a useful guide, but with the exception of the paladins and archer sections, these same guidlines have been posted in every worlds forum, buried deep in the archives of most, by now.
So, again, it's a good useful guide for the beginners in this world, but it's mostly old news.

DeletedUser4346

I've been playing this game for 2 years, and as a textbook for TW, I must say this is a very good guidebook. Although we all have our own opinions on builds, armies and the perfect village, any one using this guide wiil get a lot more enjoyment out of TW. But, I am most impressed with the time and effort that has gone into preparing this guide. Excellent work to the authors, you all have a lot of heart and soul.....

DeletedUser

I don't like the strategy with lowering your own villages loyalty and having them re-noble it over and over again.

1. Only useful if you're defense has already been destroyed, which shouldn't happen...

2. What if the last attack has a massive defense. A defense of 4000 of each wont take much of a beating from re noblement and may be very hard to take back. You could just end up causing a bit of damage but ultimatly loseing the village in the end.

So, I would like to add that, if you are going to do this, you might want to knock you're own wall down just in case. I think you hinted at that, or that the player would knock it down for you. But I think you should add it as may make a huge difference.

Trains usually have a nuke in front which does the job for you. I knock the smithy down if I have time so nothings' researched :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

<Insert giant post bashing HCav here. Click the snapback to see it>

HCav are mainly used for support, true. However, why OE is saying to build them instead of LCav/Swordsmen is because they build fast with Spearmen and they can be used for both Attacking and Defense. Therefore, building HCav in your Offensive village makes them count a bit as a defensive village, allowing you to have more O villages per D village.

Paraphrase from OE:
HCav are used to stack villages. Why would you want to stack a village? It spreads the losses and kills less of your units, saving you resources and time. Thus, the HCav strategy is a great one late-game- and could be a half decent one, if you alter it a bit, earlier game. :icon_wink:

~Yuan

DeletedUser

listened to Queen while sending a clearing attack that depended on my variable of luck, and got 15 % and won the battle! lol

DeletedUser

There's one big thing forgotten here, if by any means queen can't do the job, then send a prayer to thine lord Ash, realise the truths, and thou shant be victorius.

So sayeth Oreyn Bearclaw

Initiate of the love cult

:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Funny you should post that link, as the first couple chapters of that book were actually posted on the old TeachU forums for people to read and discuss.

You can actually download an ebook version of this instead of actually buying it.

This is a very good guide and would like to see a moded version of it for the worlds that that include archers, MA and every thing else that I might have missed

DeletedUser

This is the greatest guide I've ever seen! I've made several but never this much! I just can't believe it! I will bookmark this page, this would look better if they were all in one post, not that I can read it.

DeletedUser23495

This is the greatest guide I've ever seen! I've made several but never this much! I just can't believe it! I will bookmark this page, this would look better if they were all in one post, not that I can read it.

wasn't this the guy in one of OE's posts in the funny IGM section?

DeletedUser4346

listened to Queen while sending a clearing attack that depended on my variable of luck, and got 15 % and won the battle! lol

I keep listening to 3 Days Grace while sending my attacks and I keep getting negative luck.....I'm gonna have to switch to.....well, wtf, i'll start listening to Jethro Tull...thanks for the advice!!:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Well i still go for Ash, he's the reason i was able to prevent a player from taking a village next to me ;)'

EDIT: if by any means neither Ash nor queen helps, i go for Blind Guardian.

"Another story ends" is the prolly the best song to play while making multiple nobling runs against all villages of another player!

not that i'd know offcourse :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well ive found machinehead to be very useful... when engaging in large scale attacks i tend to listen to the blood, the sweat, the tears... works for me....

and as for nuking?? bulldozer ftw!!

DeletedUser

Rock bands said:
2008,February 11th 18:12
JethroTull I've been playing this game for 2 years, and as a textbook for TW, I must say this is a very good guidebook. Although we all have our own opinions on builds, armies and the perfect village, any one using this guide wiil get a lot more enjoyment out of TW. But, I am most impressed with the time and effort that has gone into preparing this guide. Excellent work to the authors, you all have a lot of heart and soul.....

2008,February 11th 08:58
UriahHeep I'm not saying this isn't a useful guide, but with the exception of the paladins and archer sections, these same guidlines have been posted in every worlds forum, buried deep in the archives of most, by now.
So, again, it's a good useful guide for the beginners in this world, but it's mostly old news.

Is that a joke?

On topic:
Guides are made in every world, but rarely are of any use. This one is one of the best (if not the best) I ever saw. It is comprehensive and it took into account the new settings.

DeletedUser

Hey I also listened to the queen while attacking my neighbouring players and I had 98% morale and 15% luck and I won the battles!!!!

DeletedUser11188

Very nice guide OE, one of the best I've ever seen for TW!!! It's refreshing to see someone that is actually helping the TW community to become better players, instead of criticizing noobs for their erronious ways :lol: I only have one other thing to add:

I Want to be a TeachU Graduate :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Hey can I add a song for the queen's guide? Here's the link and description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tQdZbnbAs&feature=related - A song for when you are in a war and you want to win againts your opposing tribe.(A sad lyric is added inside)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfG2RgLyuU - A better version of the song up there but this song is for when your heart was broken and you want to take revenge.(You may say this is a Sad Love Song or maybe like the song on top)

P.S you may have different comments on these two songs.

DeletedUser2870

The Importance of Queen

Don't listen to what these so called "Vets" tell you, about what you need to succeed as a player, they're all horrifically wrong! Ever wondered how players such as Jamm and Thargoran, even that n00b Openeye have managed to do so well in past worlds? They listen to Queen! That's right, I'm about to reveal the most hidden secret in the history of TW!

Now, it's imperative that you pay attention to this part of the thread, as it's more than likely to be the most useful information you'll ever receive as a TeachU, or even TW, member. You can't just listen to any Queen song and expect to do well, oh no! The song has to match what part of TW you happen to be doing at the time. Here are some examples of TW scenarios, and what songs you have to listen to (the links are to YouTube movies):

Scenario 1 - a continent tribe attacks you, you battle them off, then in one night you're set to strike back and rim several players in one blow, and cripple a few more. To win, you have to listen to this song whilst sending your attacks out. Don't Stop Me Now

Scenario 2 - you're asked to spy on an enemy tribe. You get in, and start passing down information to your tribe leader. Naturally the tribes you're spying on discover there has to be a leak. To prevent being caught, this song must be played. The Invisible Man

Scenario 3 - you and your tribe mates (or perhaps just you) are pressed up against a wall of enemy villages. They've stacked their front line of villages. Using some crazy strategic plan you confuse your enemy into breaking their stacks and calling back support. You and your tribe then strike into their wall of villages. This song must be played. Headlong

Scenario 4 - you have to describe Openeye to another player, or even a family member (I believe I actually wrote one of my exam papers on the guy when they asked me to write about someone I respected). This song will help you out with your description. Killer Queen

Scenario 5 - you've sent out more farming raids than you can count. Play this song to ensure any troops in the villages you sent your men to get slaughtered. Another One Bites the Dust

Scenario 6 - you want to dominate the entire TW world, all by yourself. This will help you achieve this incredible feat. I Want It All

Scenario 7 - you're fulfilling a vital part of your tribe's attack plan on an enemy. If this fails, you're screwed. All your tribe's attacks will be in vain. What's more your enemy will be in a perfect position to strike back at you and inflicting some serious pain on you and your allies. This song will help you to get through it. Under Pressure (can't find a non-live one.)

Scenario 8 - your tribe is about to fall under a massive attack. You need to find a way to restore moral, else your tribe doesn't stand a chance. You send them all this song. Who Wants To Live Forever

There are many more Queen songs, which can help you out in different scenarios, but I'll leave you to find out some for yourselves. Remember, without Queen you WILL fail at TW.

A Passionate Guide, for the Development of TW Player Ability, Written by Lord Hellz

Bottom line: Have fun; this is a game after all.

I was about to contradict this guide... claim i don't listen to queen... then upon seeing the songs i just remembered how amazingly awesome they are,

my god queen rocks....

/me huggles openeye,