The TeachU TW Textbook

openeye

Very good OE. I will be always looking at these guides to create a strategy that fits myself.

Thats what the real goal should be here. Anybody can tell you how they play but if it doesn't work for you your not going to have fun or be any good. There is no "correct" way to play TW. Find what you enjoy and works well for you and go with it.

DeletedUser

Good tactics. Although, I think that 1250 HC is just a bit low- it's still very good. Very well thought out and explained as well.

However, one thing that you forgot to cover in this guide was the fact that there are Paladins in some worlds (such as this one). You covered the Paladin fact briefly in the Scouting section, but no where else.

If you should choose to use a paladin for defense, then you can use it to help support a nearby village. Paladins speed support up to 10 minutes per square, regardless of if you are using 1 scout or 100 Nobles as support. This is very good knowledge in the scenario that you presented of an attack being two hours away. You can get the Spearmen and Heavy Cavalry in to the village at 10 minutes per square, not to mention the fact that you can use Baptiste's banner to increase the Heavy Cavalry's defense by 20%.

Once again, great guide. I can see that you worked very hard at it and deserve the 5 stars that I gave. :icon_biggrin:

~Yuan

DeletedUser

You can apparently stack items so this means that you can possibly get "lvl 3" on all units in a defence.
Not sure how willing players would be though to get rid of the huge attack asset just to support you.

Also, the "low" HC is not bad as you have to remember you have HC's everywhere (and quickly).

I would just like to point out that i doubt paladins will be used in defence all that much.

DeletedUser

You can apparently stack items so this means that you can possibly get "lvl 3" on all units in a defence.
Not sure how willing players would be though to get rid of the huge attack asset just to support you.

Also, the "low" HC is not bad as you have to remember you have HC's everywhere (and quickly).

I would just like to point out that i doubt paladins will be used in defence all that much.

I know that the "Low" amounts of HC aren't as bad as they sound, because you'll have a lot stacked in villages, but I would just like a bit more (e.g. 1,500 or so? But that's just me).

I know that Paladins won't be used in Defense that much, but I was just pointing out the fact that they can be used very effectively for speeding up support. So, you would end up with one Paladin, 34,000-36,000 Spearmen, and 10,000 Heavy Cavalry because of the bonus speed- rather than no Paladin, 22,000-24,000 Spearmen, and 10,000 Heavy Cavalry. The one with the paladin is much more balanced than the latter.

That's just me though.

~Yuan

Edit: Don't forget that, with the new paladin relocation ability, you can transfer your paladin to different villages in 6 hours. This means that you can switch your Paladin to an offensive village for when you want to noble, then switch it back to defensive for support ;).

DeletedUser

Edit: Don't forget that, with the new paladin relocation ability, you can transfer your paladin to different villages in 6 hours. This means that you can switch your Paladin to an offensive village for when you want to noble, then switch it back to defensive for support ;).

Oops. Me forgot.

Anaphros

Nice and well written guide! Cheers OE :icon_biggrin:

I don't like the strategy with lowering your own villages loyalty and having them re-noble it over and over again.

1. Only useful if you're defense has already been destroyed, which shouldn't happen...

Well when in a war state you may not be able to stack all the villages especially when you are situated at the borders and support is still due. This tactic is really nice when you have an empty village. This way it will usually cost the attacker plenty of nukes/nobles/defence depending on how he sends the trains. Not to mention that you might actually have his supporting troops traveling instead of defending. Example

1st.Clearing
2nd.Clearing
Xth.Clearing
Xth.Noble
Xth.Noble
Xth.Noble
Xth.Noble
Xth.Support
Xth.Support

All the red ones are troops lost or not in use for a set ammount of time. If you notice that he sends nobles with the clearings so you don't dodge it's even better so he will lose all the clearings as well:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

A few guides were left out since they weren't made by OE.......

I guess we've still got access to some secret advanced info :D

DeletedUser

Want to include my flash warfare tactic in that openeye? its tested and proven on 3 worlds now, its a late game strat but i'd love to see more people using it.

DeletedUser

Flash Warfare, Concept by CallousStranger and Gravyboatcaptain.

This is a late game stratagy, it requires a descent level of activity from the user, a little more than 3 hours a day, but is highly effective in war time and personal ennoblements.

lets start with the basic village build.

Max all Resources
Max Baracks
Max Stables
Level 10 Market
Max Wall
Max Warehouse
Level 20 HQ
Level 10 Workshop
Max Farm

now as i said, this is a late game stratagy so whatever you use up till you switch over to this is fine, and its fairly easy to rotate villages between offense and defense due to the setup of the Tech levels.

Tech levels
3 sword
3 spear
3 axe
3 lcav
2 ram
1 hcav

should you need to quickly change to defense just take the 2 out of rams and throw them into hcav.

now is the part where you kick yourself and say, is this guy retarded?

you need about a 5-1 O/D village Ratio for this stratagy to be effective, and atleast 13 villages with FULL(4 or more nobles) noble trains to start off, the number of villages needed with FULL noble trains will increase as your size does.

A basic troop loadout of a village should look like this

10,000ish Axe
2500 Lcav
250 Rams

if its a noble village

9,000ish Axe
2500 Lcav
250 rams
4-5 Nobles(keeping a 5th noble comes in handy should you by chance get a crappy hit)

the Object of Flash warfare is to completely overwhelm your Target, depending on distance from target you may or may not need Fake attacks, if the target is fairly close just the sheer magnitude of real attacks at close range will look like fakes, at a distance you may want to throw in a few hundred fakes. i usually send 4 fakes for every 1 real attack.

if you're a descent player you should be able to eliminate a player before he can get any kind of support, the longest range you should send attacks without nobles up to is about 10 hours, with nobles between 15 and 18 hours, as you expand outwards convert the inner villages to defense as you suicide the offense outwards to make way for your next village takes.

i've rimmed 800-900k players using this stratagy in a day on world one. the biggest triumph was when i rimmed 4 smaller players at once and secured my continent when a war broke out, the war was declared and 18 hours later there were no red dots on my map ;) it works but you have to be dilligent and know how to competently use troops.

DeletedUser

I know that the "Low" amounts of HC aren't as bad as they sound, because you'll have a lot stacked in villages, but I would just like a bit more (e.g. 1,500 or so? But that's just me).

OE had all his villages touching each other. Meaning he could ALWAYS stack. His 10 village tactical groups with 6 O, 3 D and 1 scout will have:

3*11500 spears from the D vills = 34500 spears
1*8500 spears from the scout vill
3*1250 hcav from the D vills = 3750 hcav
6*1250 hcav from the O vills = 7500 hcav

Resulting in 43k spears and 11250 hcav. With one hcav being about the same as 4 swords, you will have a pretty even D from those 10 vills, but a litle hcav heavy. If you add 250 hcav to 9 of the vills, you add another 2250 hcav total, and you loose 4500 spears (one hcav is 6 farm pop, 250 hcav per vill, 3 D vills). You can see how this will make the stack uneven.

Edit: A note on flash warfare. It works great, I've done it myself in smaler scale. But you have to prepare for it, meaning you have to NOT noble for a while, while making nobles and nukes for this. Which is what you will do before every war, but this is preparing on a much larger scale. Steady growth is often best, but sometimes you have to do things like this against an opponent the same size or larger than you. Or you could just use cats to immobilize him, like OE does ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OE had all his villages touching each other. Meaning he could ALWAYS stack. His 10 village tactical groups with 6 O, 3 D and 1 scout will have:

3*11500 spears from the D vills = 34500 spears
1*8500 spears from the scout vill
3*1250 hcav from the D vills = 3750 hcav
6*1250 hcav from the O vills = 7500 hcav

Resulting in 43k spears and 11250 hcav. With one hcav being about the same as 4 swords, you will have a pretty even D from those 10 vills, but a litle hcav heavy. If you add 250 hcav to 9 of the vills, you add another 2250 hcav total, and you loose 4500 spears (one hcav is 6 farm pop, 250 hcav per vill, 3 D vills). You can see how this will make the stack uneven.

I understand that point, and I agree that 1,500 HC would be a bit much for quite a while later in the game. However, I'm thinking about my own strategy, as far as nobling patterns go (I don't normally go for one giant cluster of touching villages until later in the game), and when I will begin to employ this strategy.

Thanks for the feedback, though! :icon_razz:
~Yuan

DeletedUser

Cluster Warfare is a great tactic as well, you can combine it with Flash Warfare quite easily.

DeletedUser

thanks for the guide openeye it shows all us newer players how to do well in this game

DeletedUser

Edit: A note on flash warfare. It works great, I've done it myself in smaler scale. But you have to prepare for it, meaning you have to NOT noble for a while, while making nobles and nukes for this. Which is what you will do before every war, but this is preparing on a much larger scale. Steady growth is often best, but sometimes you have to do things like this against an opponent the same size or larger than you. Or you could just use cats to immobilize him, like OE does ;)

The only thing I would say against the flash warfare style is that its only awesome whilst the war is being conducted on your terms. If you are hit first on a surprise attack whilst in a consolidation phase, or if you are isolated from supporting allies/tribemates, then on a properly orchistrated attack on you with your lack of D troops can go seriously against you....

I have to say I kinda admire the "death or glory" approach though.... :)

DeletedUser

The only thing I would say against the flash warfare style is that its only awesome whilst the war is being conducted on your terms. If you are hit first on a surprise attack whilst in a consolidation phase, or if you are isolated from supporting allies/tribemates, then on a properly orchistrated attack on you with your lack of D troops can go seriously against you....

I have to say I kinda admire the "death or glory" approach though.... :)

The only problem i've ever had with lack of Defense using Flash is that i never had any support to send to my teammates, usually if war was declared i was already pounding on whatever red dots were in my area.

DeletedUser

The only problem i've ever had with lack of Defense using Flash is that i never had any support to send to my teammates, usually if war was declared i was already pounding on whatever red dots were in my area.

That's why you have to be so active, I presume? (Sending attacks as soon as war is declared, and sending so many attacks) :icon_rolleyes:

At any rate, good strategy. *Places in notepad of strategies from this thread*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

These are basic strategies. Knowing when to use each one is the real skill. For that there is no book.

Yes there is.

Seriously, though, this is the best beginner guide I've yet found (and being a beginner, I've been diligently looking for any beginner guide I can find). Any reasonably intelligent and motivated player can read this while trying out the game, and probably do pretty well.

Sure, there's no substitute for actual experience, but this covers quite a bit of the questions I've had and been searching for answers to in my first month of play.

DeletedUser

ARGGGHH, I knew I shouldn't have posted the thingy about fakes. :p

Well at least you didnt completely copy my defense guide, I would have passed out.

BTW, thank you!