The thing about base

• Thread starter DeletedUser76277
  • Start date

DeletedUser76277

The thing about BASE

With all the BASE loving on the forums I thought it was time to write a counter thread to their brilliance:

Before I do maybe some of the history between me and BASE so you can judge if what I write is valid;

I was originally invited to BASE by a member of a previous tribe. As I have been in tribes with him before and have always either been duke or council on which ever tribe I serve, (I'm still helping fork on 58). When I joined BASE I was very impressed, there was a plan to use DA to cat Bunny! to slow them down till we could get trains then we were going to take those bunny! villages. I brought in the members of the tribe I was in Previously (tools!) as I like the ethos.

It was at this point things changed. There was an organized coup and one of the dukes was removed as leader. In my opinion this was very much a premeditated move by Conor (bromance,10307645) a player who is highly intelligent but too arrogant and the most frustratingly pedantic player I've met. He left the tribe in a fit of pique after being removed from a skype chat (I was part of that conversation, if he had talked to me in that way I'd have removed him myself) but the damage had been done.

The result of Conor's involvement was Bunny!s merge into BASE, on paper a good move, and I'll discuss my feelings on this later in this post.

Immediately diplomacy was increased, Points of contacts for every tribe, the number of NAPs increases. I at this point suggested a CAP of 25 members, and get a solid team together. This was rejected as it was felt Base should contain as many good players as possible.

I left at the point when it was obvious that Conor was coming back and would be in leadership role, and set up my own independent tribe, not through bitterness but through a difference of philosophy of how TW should play. Until I wrote this I have enjoyed a respected neutrality and have helped support members of base.

So that's the history part, So this is the points I wish to make about Base and TW in general.

I feel base will dominate the early game for the foreseeable future. but I think they have done this in the safest, most boring way possible.

A few examples,

1) If you study their list of ennoblements many are internals or gifts, the easy way....

2) So what happens if any one causes a threat to base:

Notice 1st ennoblement vs base,

Now a base member:

3) Diplomacy: Only allowing members to take on inferior tribes, If I rejoined, I'd be surrounded by purple.

4) They do seem to still have issues in leadership, To see a leader internaled to merge with a better player never looks good, when that player is then banned it looks even more silly, (I hear Sir cornish was involved somehow) So the leader moves to his 3rd account and appears to be frozen out of that one.

5) Base undoubtedly contains some quality players but looking at how other tribes are faring there seems to be a lack of cohesion with in the tribe

So what does this mean for TW? I'm seeing a pattern world by world: You join a world and look around for anyone who has experience you all band together and destroy the new players coming on the external forums laughing at how you've shown those "noobs" how to do it, without ever stretching yourselves

Yes I understand it's a valid tactic and will probably win you the world, I just wish there was a better way: For experienced players to battle each other 1st not all band up:

Count orlok, logging off to check incomings :S

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Blasphemy i tell you!
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssppppppppphhhhhhhhhhheeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

they have done this in the safest, most boring way possible.

What's wrong with playing safe?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What's wrong with playing safe?

Leaving your members with no targets for one, I was in noodle on 61 which was subject to the same diplomacy from Conor (bromance). Certain players were left without targets for over a month and asked to cope with it. Base's diplomacy is heading on eactly the same path Noodles did.

DeletedUser

Alex was forced out

It was made very clear to him he could have stayed, he chose not to.

I at this point suggested a CAP of 25 members, and get a solid team together. This was rejected as it was felt Base should contain as many good players as possible.

I don't think I have ever been in a tribe that was so narrow minded as to limit their recruitment to a number, if there were good, active players in decent locations worth recruiting.

Conor was coming back and would be in leadership role

He isn't in a leadership role. :icon_neutral:

1) If you study their list of ennoblements many are internals or gifts, the easy way....

Proof or it didn't happen. Last I checked Base had one of the highest ODA's and by far the highest per member, does that indicate that what you have said is true to you?

3) Diplomacy: Only allowing members to take on inferior tribes

I am yet to find a superior tribe anywhere near Base, I fail to see how we could do anything else.

So what does this mean for TW? I'm seeing a pattern world by world: You join a world and look around for anyone who has experience you all band together and destroy the new players coming on the external forums laughing at how you've shown those "noobs" how to do it, without ever stretching yourselves

So not just Base's fault?

I'm not sure why you felt this had to be dragged to the externals...

DeletedUser76277

It was made very clear to him he could have stayed, he chose not to.

The terms were such that he wouldn't have stayed, by putting the disagreement on the main tribe skype the council made that opion impossible

He isn't in a leadership role. :icon_neutral:

yes I see he has been removed from that role

Proof or it didn't happen. Last I checked Base had one of the highest ODA's and by far the highest per member, does that indicate that what you have said is true to you?

It tells us nothing about who you have targeted

I am yet to find a superior tribe anywhere near Base, I fail to see how we could do anything else.

that's because you have recruited them all..... hence the purpose of post

So not just Base's fault?

I'm not sure why you felt this had to be dragged to the externals...

To provide a different alternative to the the base are going to win every thing posts.........

DeletedUser

It tells us nothing about who you have targeted
It does tell us they weren't internals and freebies? :icon_confused:

To provide a different alternative to the the base are going to win every thing posts.........

You seem to be contributing to those posts just as much as anyone yourself?

I've not said they are bad, quite the opposite. There is just no real challenge in path they have chosen.

DeletedUser106038

Well we all knew base had problems already, they only didnt appear on the forums like the ones in bizniz (cuz well some people in bizniz..). As for Base in the future: they cant keep internalling and wil have to break NAP's soon if they want to grow. This could result in a gangbang on them and we will have to see what Base does with that. So it could go either way

DeletedUser

If you look here it says we have 6% internals. I wouldn't consider that high. Then when you take into account that six of the nine were players overnobling themselves you start to think that perhaps you just saying we take only freebies whilst all the evidence is to the contrary, shows that you are just trying to get back at Base. That's just how it seems to me.

DeletedUser76277

If you look here it says we have 6% internals. I wouldn't consider that high. Then when you take into account that six of the nine were players overnobling themselves you start to think that perhaps you just saying we take only freebies whilst all the evidence is to the contrary, shows that you are just trying to get back at Base. That's just how it seems to me.

I take it my come back when I want to mail from Mike is no longer valid then? Oh well...

In response, you're playing a cute game using statistics.

If you look in more detail there are other examples base just had the prudence to remove them from the tribe before nobling them,

masterretsam, Phil Mickelson (I consider ex bunny! as base), TruffleShuffleOrRun, just for starters. I also know of others with no links to the tribe that were gifted....

Nothing wrong with it, it's just the easy way..........

DeletedUser

Ellegee:

[spoil]
Leaving your members with no targets for one, I was in noodle on 61 which was subject to the same diplomacy from Conor (bromance). Certain players were left without targets for over a month and asked to cope with it. Base's diplomacy is heading on eactly the same path Noodles did.

I disagreed with the amount of diplomacy Noodle had, just so you know. Leighton set up countless NAPs and Alliances prior to me being set as diplomat, and I was forbidden from tampering with them (he had like 4-5 diplomatic relationships in K54 alone - it was ridiculous). When it came to there being a coalition against Noodle early in the game - yes, I most certainly did use diplomacy to make sure that Noodle survived.[/spoil]

Nomad Jim:

[spoil]
It was at this point things changed. There was an organized coup and one of the dukes was removed as leader. In my opinion this was very much a premeditated move by Conor (bromance,10307645) a player who is highly intelligent but too arrogant and the most frustratingly pedantic player I've met. He left the tribe in a fit of pique after being removed from a skype chat (I was part of that conversation, if he had talked to me in that way I'd have removed him myself) but the damage had been done.

Hardly a pre-meditated move. You seem to be missing one crucial factor - I didn't leave. My co-player left. You'll note the account was still in the tribe until my co-player was removed from the chat also. It was a reaction to how Alex treated us, not a pre-meditated move, and it wasn't even my decision.

Immediately diplomacy was increased, Points of contacts for every tribe, the number of NAPs increases. I at this point suggested a CAP of 25 members, and get a solid team together. This was rejected as it was felt Base should contain as many good players as possible.

There was a NAP with one tribe in K34 (who helped us), one tribe in K43 (who helped us) and two tribes in K35 (again - who helped us, and where we have a minor presence so it doesn't stunt growth). The one in K34 was actually an alliance when I took leadership, and I downgraded it to a NAP. The only ones I set up were those in K43 and K35.

I see three internals

2) So what happens if any one causes a threat to base:

Notice 1st ennoblement vs base,

Now a base member

If someone is good enough to be in our tribe, and then someone else flat out beats them, no contest - surely they are also good enough to be part of our tribe? Mock the decision all you like, but Rainah has been an excellent addition to the team.

3) Diplomacy: Only allowing members to take on inferior tribes, If I rejoined, I'd be surrounded by purple.

In the 15x15 of all of your villages, you'd have a total of 3 purple dots.

yes I see he has been removed from that role

Oh please.

[spoil]
10307645 Jun 25,2012 21:43
Hey guys,

Please remove all my privileges (apart from trusted forum, of course). Please remove me as a point of contact on the Tribal Profile and Overview, also.

After thinking about it for a couple of days, I have decided to step down. I will remain in the tribe - but merely as an ordinary member.

I won't make a post or anything to the tribe. Don't want to cause a scene. If anyone asks, you can tell them just that - that I decided to take a step back.

- Conor

Brombeere Jun 25,2012 22:13
I've removed your privs apart from hidden forums as i would like you to still offer your opinions on matters if you don't mind but any mails that you don't feel you can't answer just forward to me or mike and we'll deal with it.

Sorry to see you go,

Mark

10307645 Jun 25,2012 22:14
Honestly, I'd rather you remove hidden privileges also.

Also, please edit the tribal profile/overview accordingly.

Brombeere Jun 25,2012 22:14
Will do.
[/spoil]

[spoil]
10307645 Jun 25,2012 21:43
Hey guys,

Please remove all my privileges (apart from trusted forum, of course). Please remove me as a point of contact on the Tribal Profile and Overview, also.

After thinking about it for a couple of days, I have decided to step down. I will remain in the tribe - but merely as an ordinary member.

I won't make a post or anything to the tribe. Don't want to cause a scene. If anyone asks, you can tell them just that - that I decided to take a step back.

- Conor

hotpocket102 Jun 25,2012 22:28
Ok Conor, if you ever feel like stepping up again at a later date, let us know.
[/spoil]

Hardly "removed". [/spoil]

Noroimusha:

[spoil]
Well we all knew base had problems already, they only didnt appear on the forums like the ones in bizniz (cuz well some people in bizniz..). As for Base in the future: they cant keep internalling and wil have to break NAP's soon if they want to grow. This could result in a gangbang on them and we will have to see what Base does with that. So it could go either way

3 internals in total. 9 villages conquered within our tribe (6 are over-nobling). Could we keep internalling at that rate - 3 villages since the world started a month and a bit ago? Yes, definitely.

There are plenty of targets for people in K33 (no diplomatic relations) and K34 (one diplomatic relation). The only place it could become an issue is K43, since HBGR set up a family tribe there. The relations in K35 will have no effect on the tribe growth, really.[/spoil]

DeletedUser76277

Nomad Jim:

Hardly a pre-meditated move. You seem to be missing one crucial factor - I didn't leave. My co-player left. You'll note the account was still in the tribe until my co-player was removed from the chat also. It was a reaction to how Alex treated us, not a pre-meditated move, and it wasn't even my decision.

You forget that I was part of that chat room, the way you went about attacking Alex was unforgivable in TW terms, The account you were part of left, if that's your co player than you have issues with him, for me sulking out of a tribe because you were removed from a chat is at best immature at worst engineered. Any one in their right mind would have removed you from the chat.

please see previous post

If someone is good enough to be in our tribe, and then someone else flat out beats them, no contest - surely they are also good enough to be part of our tribe? Mock the decision all you like, but Rainah has been an excellent addition to the team.

Where have I said it's bad? It's just a boring unexciting way of wining a world, if some one takes one of your villages you should be looking at ways of combating them back, not just inviting them:

In the 15x15 of all of your villages, you'd have a total of 3 purple dots.

I prefer to look outside my 15x15 for targets...........

Oh please. Hardly "removed".

I never said who removed you, removing yourself still counts. Thank you for so eloquently highlighting my point about you being pedantic.

DeletedUser

You forget that I was part of that chat room, the way you went about attacking Alex was unforgivable in TW terms, The account you were part of left, if that's your co player than you have issues with him, for me sulking out of a tribe because you were removed from a chat is at best immature at worst engineered. Any one in their right mind would have removed you from the chat.

please see previous post

Where have I said it's bad? It's just a boring unexciting way of wining a world, if some one takes one of your villages you should be looking at ways of combating them back, not just inviting them:

I prefer to look outside my 15x15 for targets...........

I never said who removed you, removing yourself still counts. Thank you for so eloquently highlighting my point about you being pedantic.

[6/17/2012 3:22:36 PM] Conor: I don't like your incompetence

^ I told him various times before and after that that I thought he was incompetent, and I told the other leaders (Mike and Mark) the same. Alex just went on another of his power trips. The whole issue was in regards to how dictatorial he was, and only listened to people who he put in the council to support him - i.e, his friends (like you). Him then removing me from council without even consulting anyone else caused the issue - not me. The way he has acted since then proves I was correct in regards to his competence (or lack thereof) to lead a tribe.

Okay, 6 internals - 4.5% of our total conquers. Still, hardly "many" the way you described it. Our ODA speaks for itself in regards to how many free villages we've received. Until you can find evidence to the contrary, I think we'll consider this point of yours lacking basis, too.

Where did you say it was bad? It's simply logic, really. You started a "counter thread" to Base's 'brilliance'. You then listed that as one of your examples. Implication? Recruiting him was bad.

Sorry - it was 20x20. But, really? All three of your conquers are within the 20x20 of your main village. Two are within th
e 15x15. But that's irrelevant - you said you'd be "surrounded" by purple - 2 to three villages in your 20x20 is hardly "surrounded".

"He has been removed" has far more negative connotations (and you know that) that "he stepped down". Coincidentally, you're the one being pedantic here.

So, to summarise your points, and the proof against them:
- Base internals a lot - 4.5% internals
- Base gets a lot of free villages - highest ODA per player (as far as I am aware)
- You'd be surrounded by NAPs - two to three players in your 20x20

I assume by your lack of response to my description of Base's diplomacy, that you've given up on that point? Good.

DeletedUser

masterretsam, Phil Mickelson (I consider ex bunny! as base), TruffleShuffleOrRun, just for starters. I also know of others with no links to the tribe that were gifted....

Phil wasn't an internal or gifted, he left the tribe because he was an idiot, and got nobled a few days later. You keep saying you know of others that were gifted and then don't mention them, excuse me for not believing you until you do.

You forget that I was part of that chat room, the way you went about attacking Alex was unforgivable in TW terms

He called him an incompetent duke. I agreed with it then as did the majority of the chat room (which is why Alex was no longer our duke :icon_idea:) I don't think it was especially bad, I have seen far worse things said about people in this game before and since, and on none of those occasions did the player who said them get kicked from the chat.

Just to clarify this as you seem to be fixating on it, Rainah cancel sniped a (300ms) train from Base and stacked when was resent at. I sent at the village as James had quit, in the sixteen hours between my nobles being sent, I spoke with Beth the player of the Rainah account, and we came to an agreement that she deserved the village. We didn't recruit a player who took one of our villages, we recruited a player and let them have the village they earnt with their earlier play.

DeletedUser106038

3 internals in total. 9 villages conquered within our tribe (6 are over-nobling). Could we keep internalling at that rate - 3 villages since the world started a month and a bit ago? Yes, definitely.

There are plenty of targets for people in K33 (no diplomatic relations) and K34 (one diplomatic relation). The only place it could become an issue is K43, since HBGR set up a family tribe there. The relations in K35 will have no effect on the tribe growth, really.

i know for a fact that more have happened or are about to happen in the near future since i have some contacts in there..