The thing about base

• Thread starter DeletedUser76277
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Really? Funny... I heard it different from mike the current duke.

I was baron in noodle for around 3 months, I had to deal with your diplomacy and the knock on effects it had you may not even realise. I know for a fact it was your diplomacy that caused problems, Noodle was prevented from growing on certain fronts for months crucially its northern front which I was on. The poor growth in this area lead to Noodle being whipped by Riot! as the entire front was weak where it was prevented from growing. After pressure was applied from Riot! half of noodle fell apart.

[6/17/2012 3:39:22 PM] Conor: We dont want him dismissed or completely demoted on our account
[6/17/2012 3:39:30 PM] Conor: We dont want that responsibility

^ Seriously, do you or Count Orlok have any evidence whatsoever for your claims against me?

i know for a fact that more have happened or are about to happen in the near future since i have some contacts in there..

Oh for sure, more are going to happen. That's how the game works. The amount we have currently though (and that's the relevant point here - Count Orlok is suggesting Base is bad for the amount it has internalled villages) is not a lot, and that is the only relevant point in regards to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A duke on a "power trip"? Well isn't that unheard of. :icon_eek:

At the end of the day I removed you from the skype chat as you were rude and not a nice person to deal with. I didn't remove you from the council. I would congratulate anyone that could withstand the barrage of verbal feces you produce when something you don't like goes on without kicking you from the skype chat. Perhaps what you said would have been appreciated if you even attempted to put it nicely.

I do not like the externals or discussing this I wanted to leave it behind but if you continue to drag me through the mud I feel I have to respond.

Sorry, have you given up the point about me being the one who got you demoted and all that other crap since I clearly stated I didn't want you removed or demoted because of me? Are you now trying to change the subject to something else, just to be proven wrong again so you can change to something else?

I'm not really in the mood for that kind of childishness.

DeletedUser76277

^ I told him various times before and after that that I thought he was incompetent, and I told the other leaders (Mike and Mark) the same. Alex just went on another of his power trips. The whole issue was in regards to how dictatorial he was, and only listened to people who he put in the council to support him - i.e, his friends (like you). Him then removing me from council without even consulting anyone else caused the issue - not me. The way he has acted since then proves I was correct in regards to his competence (or lack thereof) to lead a tribe.

So what you are saying is that the other duke was aware of your concerns and that you acted in an appropriate way? oh hang on you didn't did you. You entered a tribe spent your whole time in there being argumentative and unpleasant then moan when you get removed: Not the kind of player I like to associate my self with and I see leaving was the right option for me:

this sums it up "I told him various times before and after that that I thought he was incompetent" you were in the tribe a total of 3 days before this happened.........

Okay, 6 internals - 4.5% of our total conquers. Still, hardly "many" the way you described it. Our ODA speaks for itself in regards to how many free villages we've received. Until you can find evidence to the contrary, I think we'll consider this point of yours lacking basis, too.

I think the key pat in my response was "for starters"

Where did you say it was bad? It's simply logic, really. You started a "counter thread" to Base's 'brilliance'. You then listed that as one of your examples. Implication? Recruiting him was bad.

I'll assume you know the difference between not being brilliant and bad?

Sorry - it was 20x20. But, really? All three of your conquers are within the 20x20 of your main village. Two are within th
e 15x15. But that's irrelevant - you said you'd be "surrounded" by purple - 2 to three villages in your 20x20 is hardly "surrounded".

my future plans are for my eyes only,

"He has been removed" has far more negative connotations (and you know that) that "he stepped down". Coincidentally, you're the one being pedantic here.

Point conceded I can be pedantic too.

So, to summarise your points, and the proof against them:
- Base internals a lot - 4.5% internals
- Base gets a lot of free villages - highest ODA per player (as far as I am aware)
- You'd be surrounded by NAPs - two to three players in your 20x20

I assume by your lack of response to my description of Base's diplomacy, that you've given up on that point? Good.

Not at all, I chose the areas I wished to discuss, just like you have not addressed the areas in my original post about mike's mysterious movement of accounts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is that the other duke was aware of your concerns and that you acted in an appropriate way? oh hang on you didn't did you. You entered a tribe spent your whole tie in there being argumentative and unpleasant then moan when you get removed: Not the kind of player I like to associate my self with and I see leaving was the right option for me:

this sums it up "I told him various times before and after that that I thought he was incompetent" you were in the tribe a total of 3 days before this happened.........

I think the key pat in my response was "for starters"

I'll assume you know the fifference between not being brilliant and bad?

my future plans are for my eyes only,

Point conceded I can be pedantic too.

Not at all, I chose the areas I wished to discuss, just like you have not addressed the areas in my original post about mike's mysterious movement of accounts.

My loyalty (unlike yours) was to the tribe - not to any single person within it. Your loyalty was to Alex. That alone, in my opinion, makes me a more valuable asset to a tribe than you or Alex. Did I disagree with many of the things Alex did? Yes. Why? Because he was incompetent. Did anyone else agree? Yes, hence why he is no longer duke and I was given a leadership position.

Okay, please list everyone else you know who was internalled. If you can't, or refuse to do so, we'll continue to accept that this point has no basis.

Sigh. Logic clearly isn't your strong point. If you're writing a thread to counter the supposed 'brilliance' of Base, and you post examples to show that they're not as good as thought - what do you post? Yes, things that are meant to be bad. You do not post things that are good/great/brilliant. For someone to be lowered from a standard of "brilliant" to a lower level, they must have done some things that are "bad", hence the examples you listed. Logic. Try it.

Good for you in regards to your future plans. Simple fact remains though - you would not be "surrounded" by purple if you rejoined Base.

I am not and was not involved with Mike's movement of accounts. He can defend himself. We'll assume you have no evidence or counter to my point about Base's diplomacy then. Like pretty much everything else you have written - it's nothing but the ramblings of a bitter former member.

Again:

- Base internals a lot - 4.5% internals
- Base gets a lot of free villages - highest ODA per player (as far as I am aware)
- You'd be surrounded by NAPs - two to three players in your 20x20

Do you actually have any new points, or evidence to back up your current points, or are you just going to keep rewording them slightly in the hope that it might make your arguments slightly more credible?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, I know it was your intention to have me removed. I also know as do you that anyone with half a brain would not ask for it directly which is why you said you did not want me removed from the tribe. You have flaunted the quotes of you stating you didn't want me demoted numerous times. I think the lady doth protest too much. Anyway I am done with this thread I had intended to leave W63 behind and it is especially unpleasant replying to you Conor.

You "know"? Right. I tend to believe the evidence, because it's unbiased - as opposed to, for example, your opinion, which is incredibly biased. I would hazard a guess that I'm in the majority with this (belief that evidence > opinion) - hence why pretty much every legal system in the developed world values it so highly.

DeletedUser76277

371|416
442|373
355|362
497|362
499|329
395|369
441|315
396|365
477|346
476|353

Are the ones I'm sure about, there will be others, but of course you will have a clever answer for each one.

If you take away the barbs that you didn't need to work on, the % of difficult villages is not as high as you are all claiming.

I'm leaving this thread with this:

I've written a piece to show why I Think base are not as good as they seem to think, or more precisely Mark and Conor thinks. I have stated that they are good and will probably win the area. I stand by my arguments.

They have given their counter arguments, it is now for others to decide for themselves.

I know this will be interpreted as capitulation, but I'm sure nobody on here wants to see a running battle of nit picks that Conor specializes in. Victory by boredom...........

DeletedUser

371|416
442|373
355|362
497|362
499|329
395|369
441|315
396|365
477|346
476|353

Are the ones I'm sure about, there will be others, but of course you will have a clever answer for each one.

If you take away the barbs that you didn't need to work on, the % of difficult villages is not as high as you are all claiming.

I'm leaving this thread with this:

I've written a piece to show why I Think base are not as good as they seem to think, or more precisely Mark and Conor thinks. I have stated that they are good and will probably win the area. I stand by my arguments.

They have given their counter arguments, it is now for others to decide for themselves.

I know this will be interpreted as capitulation, but I'm sure nobody on here wants to see a running battle of nit picks that Conor specializes in. Victory by boredom...........

I don't think Base are brilliant. I don't even think they're great. I think they have some good players, but overall, are an average tribe. You'll never find a quote of me stating otherwise (because it didn't happen). Just more baseless claims by you.

I couldn't be bothered checking all those villages, so I'll just accept it. That's 10 villages. Add to the 5 internals (excluding Phil Mickelson). That's 11.5% - not too high a figure. I'm not the one making claims here - you are, about gifted villages and internals, so noblings of barbarian villages is irrelevant (and also does nothing to detract from the supposed 'brilliance' of Base - in fact, neither do gifted or internalled villages).

Your thread, in fact, just shows that Base is a normal tribe - and I, for one, have never claimed they are otherwise.

DeletedUser76277

so if you are in agreement with me why the nit picking? Just acceptance of what I wrote originally will be fine, thank you

DeletedUser

I think the point is just a differing in TW philosophy. While focusing so much on who did this and who did that, James was trying to illuminate the way this world seems to be going, which is that of a boring world. Obviously this can change, but I think the attention is being paid more to nit picking and trying to be right rather than seeing how the top tribe in the NW is progressing. This was not meant to be a flaming post calling for the down of Base. He just wanted to present a possible different perspective on Base, having had more dealings with the tribe than players in other parts of the world. Obviously you must take into account that he is friends with Alex, but still realize there are two sides to a story.

DeletedUser

As I see it this world is far from over, there will be a lot of wars and lot of fun. I don't think this will be a boring world, I think smart start up diplomacy is important until your tribe is in a position where it can just look out for itself, and the fact that Base has diplomacy just shows smart leadership :icon_smile:

DeletedUser98628

The fact that I'm in it supports your last sentence.

DeletedUser

As a Leader of one of the tribes that has dealed with base and their diplomacy, from what I can see in my area, They are wise in their decisions. I am not saying their diplomacy as a whole is perfect, but from what I have seen in the continent I am running, Its good for them.

Also I have dealt with conor myself and would like to put my two sense in, as I feel he was one of the most intellegent players I have spoken to in awhile. While he was the diplomat/leader of base, (Through the dealing I had with him), I was able to draw the conclusion from what I can see as a very skilled player and leader. Also learned somethings from him myself.

Nevertheless, whether their diplomacy is good or a mess, from what I can tell, in my region they did a decent job.

-Matt

DeletedUser

Not really an appropriate time. I think the correct forum for masters chat is here.

DeletedUser

Also I have dealt with conor myself and would like to put my two sense in, as I feel he was one of the most intellegent players I have spoken to in awhile. While he was the diplomat/leader of base, (Through the dealing I had with him), I was able to draw the conclusion from what I can see as a very skilled player and leader. Also learned somethings from him myself.

-Matt

You serious? What even you have learned from him forget it instantly. It will not help you.

:icon_rolleyes:

I accepted that the 10 villages may have been gifted. I did so because even with that, your original point is still incorrect.

As to world 61? -Bromance was probably the second best player when nobles came out, he played it in a different way, the guy who was ahead of him must have been awesome.
Still got your back Conor, always will. Or is it your turn to take get my back?

Its nice to see i've finally take my head out my ass, unfortunatly i've misplaced it in Conor's.