The W16 megatribe

DeletedUser

I'd severely disagree with that. As a Dust member, I know full well that LS are a much better tribe than HRV are right now. I say right now cos've all the inactivity HRV have. If those two warred now, LS would win hands down. It won' t happen, but ~LS~ simply are the better tribe.

I also said this also further up dude :lol:

DeletedUser

mlions had pointed this out before many =HRV= members would be more active if there position was endangered by another big tribe.

DeletedUser

As for this topic. I think Ende is really trying to get to the point that with all this diplomacy and so called 'tribal hugs' as some people have put it, this world is simply boring. I'm not gonna sit here and say that I want HRV and LS to be attacked because I'm a Dust member. I honestly don't want that cos I enjoy fighting them the way it is. What I would like to see is a little less diplomacy and a few interesting wars between some of the top tribes to make this world worth playing in.

I saw a good point in there that diplomacy can change and alliances can be dropped. I hope for the sake of this world that that happens, otherwise we can all pack our bags and simply say that this world is over cos if the diplomacy stays the way it is, there won't be any major wars again.

My post is not a complaint, it's simply myself hoping that this world will get a little bit more exciting and I'd like to see a little less of the gangbangs. I don't find them interesting at all. No one can really deny that Ad Inf is a gangbang with Plight, C2, Bang and TKR all hitting them at some point. Yes, they probably brought most of that on themselves, but it's not particularly fun to gangbang or be involved in a gangbang. An honest fight is always an interesting one. I'm all for fun, not for power and points. This is a game afterall, so all I'd like to see is less of the gangbangs and less of the diplomacy to make this game a little more entertaining for everyone.

DeletedUser52669

You forget a major issue the world is slow, so in fact good diplomacy makes a difference. Additionally, as it is pointed out, inactives and past merges take a lot longer than many other worlds to finish (because of world speed). Again it was pointed out that because of these issues, wars between big tribes are thought out before started. That is the answer to your question, you just like to ignore it.

You are right though, there are many alliances, but to call the top 5 a family because they are currently taking care of "other" business and not making war with each other is absurd. By the way, that doesn't make the "scared" it makes them smart. Why would a big tribe who is cleaning up their own inactives or finishing a merge, and/or in the middle of a conflict start another battle? That make very little sense. :icon_idea:

Again since the world is slow it will take some time for Plight to eat PnX/Thanx, BANG!/TKR to eat Ad inf, HRV to eat you tribe and other and well C2 just finished a war with CND ending in a merge that will take weeks if not months to complete. Your big misunderstanding when comparing worlds is speed. Wait 6 months and I bet there will be a top 5 war again. :axemen:

Sounds to me like sour grapes. :icon_cry: Maybe if your tribe did better diplomacy you wouldn't be in the situation. Seems to me you are in hopes top 5 tribes war so smaller tribes like yourself can survive longer. One thing you should realize about that dream is even if it did come true, in the end the inevitable would come and your tribe would be nobled out just months later. :)

DeletedUser

=HRV= has only K88 to attack you with how are they supose to make progress
And =HRV= have to take out coal also.

well you cant use coal as an excuse as they are weaker than dust by far, =HRV= took them out in like 3 weeks, maybe less the 1st time and this time they have merged with windex and tbh arent as good as thye used to be at ll. all their leaders left, thye are weak and that is just an excuse to make your tribe look better. your weak from inactives and just cant bloody admitt it. =HRV= are the weak link and everyone knows it but like i siad before, u just cant admit it.

also i agree that diplomacys and wars last longer due to world speed, and ende i belive you are slightly wrong there but that means they might be a month lonbger at the most, not 6 months. you re all just scared of each other and your own inactivity. i dont see why you dont just noble out your inactives, they may be loyale and strong but they arent committing to this world. you figure it out.

DeletedUser

You forget a major issue the world is slow, so in fact good diplomacy makes a difference. Additionally, as it is pointed out, inactives and past merges take a lot longer than many other worlds to finish (because of world speed). Again it was pointed out that because of these issues, wars between big tribes are thought out before started. That is the answer to your question, you just like to ignore it.

You are right though, there are many alliances, but to call the top 5 a family because they are currently taking care of "other" business and not making war with each other is absurd. By the way, that doesn't make the "scared" it makes them smart. Why would a big tribe who is cleaning up their own inactives or finishing a merge, and/or in the middle of a conflict start another battle? That make very little sense. :icon_idea:

Again since the world is slow it will take some time for Plight to eat PnX/Thanx, BANG!/TKR to eat Ad inf, HRV to eat you tribe and other and well C2 just finished a war with CND ending in a merge that will take weeks if not months to complete. Your big misunderstanding when comparing worlds is speed. Wait 6 months and I bet there will be a top 5 war again. :axemen:

Sounds to me like sour grapes. :icon_cry: Maybe if your tribe did better diplomacy you wouldn't be in the situation. Seems to me you are in hopes top 5 tribes war so smaller tribes like yourself can survive longer. One thing you should realize about that dream is even if it did come true, in the end the inevitable would come and your tribe would be nobled out just months later. :)

Dude Im not speaking here as a member of Dust is purely as an observer...!

Forget our position in this its totaly irrelevant. Its a discussion of the top 5.

The fact they r all buddies who work together makes the world totally uninteresting and im just saying that they should cut to the chase and merge...

Whose everyone trying to kid that they will war in he future, what a joke. None of the top tribes here are brave enough to take on the other main tribes (for reasons ive pointed out). Im saying this with experience from plenty of other TW worlds where the top5 are not diplo linked as excessively as they are here...

Im sure the fact they dont war is thought out sensibly by their councils and i commend them for that but it comes much more down to their clique of friends than clever war planning... thy all stick together anyway and work as a family.

Anyone wanna answer my question... Is there any other world in TW wher the top 5 work together and dont war each other?

This fact alone speaks volumes to the outside...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but how many of those worlds have the same slower speed as this world? and diplomacy is important... the tpo 5 have become powerful through the correct use of diplomacy whereas those that are failing like dust and ad inf and pnx all used diplomacy badly and that is why they are in the situations they are in..... all that you are saying is purely opinion, you cant back it up with fact and until you can this will be a long pointless debate that will not be resolved....

DeletedUser

but how many of those worlds have the same slower speed as this world? and diplomacy is important... the tpo 5 have become powerful through the correct use of diplomacy whereas those that are failing like dust and ad inf and pnx all used diplomacy badly and that is why they are in the situations they are in..... all that you are saying is purely opinion, you cant back it up with fact and until you can this will be a long pointless debate that will not be resolved....

sorry to go off topic here but dust is falling? lolz m8 you obviously dont have much information about our war....

DeletedUser

i sed similair thinks they dont understand =[

DeletedUser

I dont want this to get into a discussion about specific tribes but the fact is that Dust has grown everyday since we started including during our fight wih LS and HRV so for u to say failing is kinda inaccurate. We will be here for months and months yet dont worry :icon_wink:

I agree diplo is important but for the whole top 5 to work as a family, come on guys thats just sad and hardly shows the teeth of battlehardened soldiers... more like a Christian church fete with everyone sitting round drinking tea and chatting politely about the values of world peace. :icon_confused:

My point is to compare it to other worlds and all their top tribe wars and if u guys wana bury your head in the sand and keep hiding behind that W16 must be seen differently to all other TW worlds due to its speed is a weak and feeble excuse tbh

There r plenty of other slow worlds with cool top 5 tribe rivalry... here tribal hugs is a label we r all gonna have to bear and that disapoints me as much as u :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

I dont want this to get into a discussion about specific tribes but the fact is that Dust has grown everyday since we started including during our fight wih LS and HRV so for u to say failing is kinda inaccurate. We will be here for months and months yet dont worry :icon_wink:

I agree diplo is important but for the whole top 5 to work as a family, come on guys thats just sad and hardly shows the teeth of battlehardened soldiers... more like a Christian church fete with everyone sitting round drinking tea and chatting politely about the values of world peace. :icon_confused:

My point is to compare it to other worlds and all their top tribe wars and if u guys wana bury your head in the sand and keep hiding behind that W16 must be seen differently to all other TW worlds due to its speed is a weak and feeble excuse tbh

There r plenty of other slow worlds with cool top 5 tribe rivalry... here tribal hugs is a label we r all gonna have to bear and that disapoints me as much as u :icon_sad:

100% agreed.

DeletedUser

Most people here seem to have missed what really goes on in W16. First, the major tribes that are left are mostly allied to each other (not all, and the original list is wrong) is that the tribes they were not allied to have been crushed and nobled.

Second, the remaining major tribes (and the successful medium ones) all respect each other. This is not saying that they are all best friends, but respect is a major part of diplomacy. Tribes are much more likely to war tribes they don't respect (see Ad Inf, ~I~, ect.). This also applies to individual players. Speaking only for myself, when I am fighting a player I respect I tend to talk to them (even though the attacks are flying) and if they do well enough, I might spare them or try to get them a spot in either my tribe or an allied one.

As for Dust, you have gained quite a bit of respect since LS and HRV began beating on you. The major thing that is holding you back from more is they way you bemoan your situation and constantly deride your enemies (especially HRV).

DeletedUser

Most people here seem to have missed what really goes on in W16. First, the major tribes that are left are mostly allied to each other (not all, and the original list is wrong) is that the tribes they were not allied to have been crushed and nobled.

Second, the remaining major tribes (and the successful medium ones) all respect each other. This is not saying that they are all best friends, but respect is a major part of diplomacy. Tribes are much more likely to war tribes they don't respect (see Ad Inf, ~I~, ect.). This also applies to individual players. Speaking only for myself, when I am fighting a player I respect I tend to talk to them (even though the attacks are flying) and if they do well enough, I might spare them or try to get them a spot in either my tribe or an allied one.

As for Dust, you have gained quite a bit of respect since LS and HRV began beating on you. The major thing that is holding you back from more is they way you bemoan your situation and constantly deride your enemies (especially HRV).

well thanks fo the compliment, but i may be slightly blind but i havent seen any sighns of top tribes givin us respect,.

DeletedUser

aint looked this up yet but if there old worlds they would be ahead of our current stage

DeletedUser

Ive never complaned about Dust position and nor has any of my tribemates... this is a popular misconception created by the forumites because they want us to cry about it. Im serious u will not find a single posting of us complaining about our war or our position.

Although for us to pass judgment on our enemies is true, we have given our honest views of them throughout and if they are seen as deriding then so be it... we r not here to a$$kiss like the other top 20 tribes, we r fighters and will remain so. And tribes get our respect if its reciprocated.

Maybe we are more warriorlike than most in this world... should we apologise for not liking the tribal hugs label for W16?

If everyone wants that label then lets keep up the family 5 at the top... im just asking for them to get on with it and merge...

DeletedUser

We didnt use diplomacy badly, infact, we used it well! We tryed to0 make this world interesting and fun with wars. But then we find that all the top 4 or 5 tribes are all allied to eachother and that this world is boring. I bet if you checked everyone who quit on this world and checked why they quit half of them would either say they got bored of this world or had to concentrate on another world (A.K.A they got bored of this world :lol:)

DeletedUser

exctly, its a game, u shouldnt be scared of loosing a few vills, what do you get for winning? nothing. if you make it to the end of this world when there will be two people u and some one else. you will both have roughly 200 million points each 2000 or more villiges each and you will be against each other, once one of you wins your account on that world will be deleted and the world will be open and restart, what have you won, what have you achieved? nothing therefore you shouldnt be worrying about staying alive and getting to the end because you arent ganna get anything from it, you should all just jump in and beat the s**t out of each other, and do you know why? because a game isnt a game without fun, and this world isnt fun therefore you are draining the game ot of it.

get a life and play the game like a man and with a pair of balls.

DeletedUser

Ok lets get to the biggest W16 point..

It is very well known that World 16 is very much a tribal hugs world compared to all the other TW worlds... this is mainly due to the a$$kissing which goes on between all the top tribes... Its a world with not much activity and with far too many inactives, and i would bet money W16 is one of the most AS worlds too (itd be interesting to see the AS percentage to players still in ratio)...

Can anyone point to any other world where all the top 5 are allies?

I guess its not the top tribes fault that they r all scared of each other because they know their own inactivity would screw them over if they took on another top tribe, its just a fact of W16 sadly.

Add to this that all the regular active players r all buddies anyway and dont wanna war each other then W16 really is being painted as a bit of a non-event.

Another fact is that not many good TW players r left in this world too... i explain... lets say a good player starts 5 worlds at the same time. He/she will do well in all of them but i guarantee u that when they come to the point they have to choose which world to focus on then W16 is the one the most likely get the axe. All of us tribe leaders know this to be true cos we have all lost v good players due to this. Of course some great players r still here but my point is that pound for pound theres not so many here as in othe worlds. This also adds to the fear of war between the major tribes.

What im going to ask is why dont all the main tribes simply merge?

U guys are never going to war each other so why not just join teams?

We all know who the best players are in this world by now and the world dynamic is such that that aint gonna change unless they quit for real life.

There are only 4 tribes in the whole top 20 who are effectively 'the enemy' thats Dust, Ad Inf, coal and PnX (only 2 in top 10). All the other 16 tribes in the top 20 r all buddies and will never war each other (ok Ad A makes 5 enemies and 15 buddy-tribes). Itll be a sad day when we are all gone cos im sure there wont be any wars only mergers.

I know the regulars will refer to wars between major tribes which have happened in the past but its exactly that, in the past. And more accurately a long time in the past!

Come on guys... lets get a merger done so we can have some honesty in his world!

Its funny that everyone in W16 likes to criticise family tribes yet effectively thats exactly what all the top tribes are, one big family tribe. Complete with shared forums, msn/skype, sending of support, and moving players round etc.

PS i notice im second on the most hated posters in W16... id like to thank everyone who voted for me :icon_wink:

At one point, CND was in the top 5 and at war with C². That war ended with a merge. ORC and BANG! were both in the top 5 and were at war for ages. That ended with a merge. ~PnX~ was the #5 tribe when they declared war on BANG!?. Ad Inf was #6 when they joined in.

Your claim that the current top 5 tribes are not at war with each other is correct. That claim, however, is not the same as saying that the top 5 tribes of the world at any point in time are never at war with each other. It's simple logic. If two tribes go to war, it ends with one side losing (and dropping out of the top 5) or both tribes merging/ending the war. In the former, the end result is the tribe that remains in the top 5 is still in the top 5 and the losing tribe is no longer in the top 5. In the latter, the end result is that both tribes take one spot in the top 5 (and are not longer at war).

Even a broken watch is right twice a day. Endemonadia's claim is going to be right in any situation where a top 5 gets knocked out of being the top 5 as is the case now. That does not mean that the server is tribal hugs. That just means that the logical results of the top 5 tribes being at war with each other are resolving. It should also be said that Endemonadia's intentions are crystal clear. Endemonadia is trying to mock the top 5 tribes and challenge their egos in an attempt to coax people into declaring war on =HRV= and/or ~LS~. Why? Endemonadia's survival, and the survival of the Dust Family, depends on it.

MichielK

Ende,

While I'm convinced that you posted this simply to bait the top tribes into making themselves look less than loyal, I am going to put my better judgement aside and respond. As always, I do not speak for my tribe, merely for myself (unless specifically noted otherwise).

Your original post is pretty big, so I'm going to paraphrase a bit (ok, a lot).

Endemonadia said:
W16 is a tribal hugging world. The top 5 tribes are allies, and that doesn't happen in other worlds.

First off, your information is wrong. The top 5 tribes are not all allied with eachother. Yes, there are relations between these tribes...it's called diplomacy. A tribe like C² would have to be braindead to not at least talk to their neighbours every once in a while, wouldn't they?

Second and most importantly, these tribes do not have relationships with eachother because they are the top 5. These tribes are the top 5 because their diplomacy worked. Most of these relations originated when one if not both of the sides were not a huge factor in the world, and they've benefitted from it.

Take TKR for example. At the time their relationship with my tribe (C²) formed, they were not a top 5 tribe. They weren't a top 10 tribe either. In fact, this relationship formed at a time when the person on the C² side responsible for it (me) wasn't even in C² yet! (I was in TIF at the time)

I considered TKR a loyal and skilled group of people, and when I joined C² me and others were adamant about the benefit we would gain from working with people like that instead of against them. True skill is rare, true loyalty is even rarer, and these are qualities that need to be cherished, not thrown away.

For another view, let's look at the previous tribe that was ranked fifth previously: PnX. Within a few short months after their formation, this tribe managed to alienate all their neighbors. They'd send me in-game mail cursing at me for posting something on the public forums that they did not agree with. C² did not form relations with them since we prefer not to be associated with people like that.

Let's look at the results. The skilled and loyal players of TKR moved their way into the top 10 and then the top 5. The PnX players, who spent most of their existance foaming at the mouth, have gone the reverse route. While it would make far more sense for C² to ally ourselves with PnX and attack TKR when they were still small, we chose a different path since size is not our criteria...and recent developments have proven us right.

Endemonadia said:
W16 is filled with inactives and sat accounts, and as a result the top 5 tribes won't war eachother because they're afraid their inactivity would screw them over.

W16 inactive? Speak for yourself.

I'm looking at the C² member list and am seeing almost exclusively green dots instead of the blue, yellow and red you're apparently accustomed to. I am supremely confident in our activity and our ability to wage war. If inactivity and fear are controlling your actions, you're probably better off posting less on the forums and spending more time fixing your tribe...I for one have enough time to post on the forums since I belong to a tribe that's a well-oiled fighting machine filled with active members.

Endemonadia said:
The active players of W16 are all buddies anyway, and don't want to war eachother.

I like playing poker with my friends and my coworkers. The fact that I like these people doesn't make me hesitate for one second when I try to take their money :icon_wink: In fact, they'd resent me for doing so!

You made a nice statement, but that's simply not how it works. Look at Plight's follow-up on their declaration on PnX. They're making fun of the people who ran and who tried to change sides. They honor the players among their enemy who tried to stand their ground and fight. That's how it works!

Top tribes don't base their decision to declare war on whether or not the opponent is a nice guy. I like to think that the great people I've met on W16 will still be great people during and after a future war, and that the best experience to share in TW is a war fought honorably and with supreme skill.

Endemonadia said:
W16 does not have a lot of good TW players left, because they'd prefer to focus on other worlds if given the choice. All tribe leaders know this.

I disagree. W16 is marked by two settings: non-growing barbs and low speed.

The non-growing barbs mean that it takes skill to expand and keep growing at a decent rate. The low speed means that in the long run the best and most intelligent player/tribe wins, instead of the one who's least employed or most willing to skip class.

This world is specifically tailored to cater to high-quality players who have a life, and they're not going anywhere.

As for all tribe leaders knowing this...again, speak for yourself. Perhaps it's common for players to give up on Dust to focus elsewhere, but do you honestly think that someone who is part of the history, successes and shared values of a tribe like Plight, BANG, HRV or TKR will give that up?

I can speak for my own tribe on this one: C² does not lose players to other worlds. Other worlds lose players to C². The fact that this does not happen in your tribe is not due to W16, but due to you.

Endemonadia said:
There are only 4 'enemy tribes' in W16, and the rest cuddles up around the bonfire and sings kumbaya

Are you kidding me? I take care of a big chunk of C²'s diplomacy, and there's 13 tribes in the top 20 that I've never even spoken to.

Besides, you can hardly argue that Dust is playing a different game than the rest of us. Didn't you contact BFL in the past with an offer to combine forces against LS? From what I heard, they turned you down so hard that it made your head spin.

Since you contacted them, I'm sure you contacted others as well. The fact that you got turned down has very little to do with W16, and a lot with you and your tribe.

Endemonadia said:
Let's get some honesty in this world!

Oh, I agree! Here's to being honest:

- You complain about W16 being inactive because your tribe is
- You complain about W16 being tribal hugs because you couldn't get allies
- You complain about W16 being buddies because you couldn't get other tribes to bail you out of your war
- You complain about the prevalence of diplomacy on W16 because you suck at it

This thread has nothing to do with something being wrong with W16, and has everything to do something being wrong in Dust. You made this post not to discuss something, but to make excuses for your own poor performance.

While I enjoy seeing you in trouble, I strongly urge you to not confirm this to the entire world...all the hard work done by some of your tribemates to convince us that Dust is doing well has just been nullified by this thread. Way to be a leader :lol: