Things aren't always so Fleezy...

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Apologies everyone for my part in the above.... Back on topic & a gif to lighten the mood :p

bth_threadderailedsu2.gif

Let's check in on how Alpha & ~Sky~ are faring respectively against BOOB & the IPOD Fam...

War Stats Last Week:

Side 1:
Tribes: BOOB, IPOD, IPODA
Side 2:
Tribes: Alpha, ~Sky~

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 12
Side 2: 30
Difference: 18

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 58,472
Side 2: 153,506
Difference: 95,034

chart

War Stats Last Month:

Side 1:
Tribes: BOOB, IPOD, IPODA
Side 2:
Tribes: Alpha, ~Sky~

Timeframe: Last month

Side 1: 28
Side 2: 36
Difference: 8

chart

Side 1: 127,423
Side 2: 182,772
Difference: 55,349

chart

BOOB vs. ~Sky~ Stats Last Week

Side 1:
Tribes: BOOB
Side 2:
Tribes: ~Sky~

Side 1: 0
Side 2: 2
Difference: 2

chart

Side 1: 0
Side 2: 6,501
Difference: 6,501

chart

BOOB vs. Alpha Stats Last Week

Side 1:
Tribes: BOOB
Side 2:
Tribes: Alpha

Side 1: 8
Side 2: 27
Difference: 19

chart

Side 1: 44,447
Side 2: 143,309
Difference: 98,862

chart

IPOD Fam vs. Alpha Last Week

Side 1:
Tribes: IPODA, IPOD
Side 2:
Tribes: Alpha

Side 1: 4
Side 2: 1
Difference: 3

chart

Side 1: 14,025
Side 2: 3,696
Difference: 10,329

chart

IPOD Fam and ~Sky~ do not share a border yet thus no stats are available. So A strong start by BOOB & the IPOD Fam has quickly turned around in the favour of Alpha & ~Sky~ :) Still early though & lots can happen :p

Last edited:

rubberduckyzilla

Been a very good turnaround tbf. Declaring hasn’t turned out in BOOBs favour.

Williamthefirst

Thanks for the help jiriki

So we can still talk about how mezonis is the better player

We can for sure, I have never seen such accurately sent anti snipes, all first time to...incredible gaming...bravo.

Williamthefirst

I am a nub, and there is a lot to learn.

One thing I always assumed whilst playing Tribal Wars is that all sends from a village, attacks or supports, must be sent manually...ie a player must activate the send command him/herself when they feel the timing is right. Is this not so?

DeletedUser121451

(Quite transparant) troll bait for going back to discussing something that we're not allowed to discuss. At least make it look plausible that you're being serious, man. :)

Williamthefirst

(Quite transparant) troll bait for going back to discussing something that we're not allowed to discuss. At least make it look plausible that you're being serious, man. :)

No, it is not. It is a genuine question. I am not throwing any accusations around, as it has been made abundantly clear that that is disallowed. Please do not try to discredit this, thank you...

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
I am a nub, and there is a lot to learn.

One thing I always assumed whilst playing Tribal Wars is that all sends from a village, attacks or supports, must be sent manually...ie a player must activate the send command him/herself when they feel the timing is right. Is this not so?

You are correct - however to my knowledge there are approved legal third party MS timers (such as this one [DS Timer]: http://niondir.de/blog/ds-timer-in-english/) that go off on the exact MS you are supposed to click the attack/snipe which allows a person to better approximate when to send the perfect snipe. This however is dependant on your lag (you should check your ping before every launch & adjust accordingly; here is a good site to do so http://www.speedtest.net/) & even this takes a lot of practice to get good at.... we are dealing with MS not seconds here. But to the best of my knowledge it's just the timers that do the clicking for you that are illegal... I don't use any timer (legal or illegal) however so am kinda unfamiliar. Long story short - as long as it's you making the click you are allowed to use timers to tell you when to send - but with practice anyone can hit sub 20ms snipes with eaze first try (lag dependant).

And I don't think it's troll bait - merely a genuine question about how one can legally improve their timings, which to my knowledge is fully a legal discussion.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
DS timer is the bees knees, i love it soooooooooooooooooooo much. Particularly when the german version which is a lot more fun

There is also an ms script floating around somewhere that adds the .000 to the ingame clock but i dont have it to hand, its pretty useful when you cant use an app for whatever reason

DeletedUser121451

There is also an ms script floating around somewhere that adds the .000 to the ingame clock but i dont have it to hand, its pretty useful when you cant use an app for whatever reason
javascript:
(function () {

function getServerTime() {
var d = $('#serverDate').text(),
t = $('#serverTime').text(),
m = d.match(/(..)\/(..)\/(....)/);
return m[3] + '-' + m[2] + '-' + m[1] + ' ' + t;
}

function getServerMs(zeroMs) {
var currMs = new Date().getMilliseconds();
return (1000 + currMs - zeroMs) % 1000;
}

function getServerTimeWithMs(zeroMs) {
return getServerTime() + ':' + getServerMs(zeroMs);
}

function displayServerMs(z) {
var msTimer = setInterval(function () {
var ms = getServerMs(z);
$('#serverMs').text(':' + ('00' + ms).substr(-3));
}, 5)
return msTimer;
}

// init
if (!$('#serverMs').length) {
$('#serverTime').after('<span id="serverMs"></span>');
}

var serverTime = getServerTime(),
prev = serverTime;
var localMs;

var timer = setInterval(function () {
serverTime = getServerTime();
if (serverTime !== prev) {
localMs = new Date().getMilliseconds();
clearInterval(timer);
displayServerMs(localMs);
}

prev = serverTime;
}, 100);
$('#serverMs').css({
'font-size': '50pt',
'color': '#000',
'serif': 'sans_serif'
})
$('#serverTime').css({
'font-size': '100pt',
'color': '#000',
'serif': 'sans_serif'
})
})();
I only use it for cancel sniping, though. I find that it distracts too much with regular sniping.

Williamthefirst

I can time quite well really, and I also find that a few practice sends before the real deal sets you up quite nicely, thank you. I have played TW for three years and there are still constantly new things to learn, so I just try to set my account up as best I know how.
Maybe I am a slow learner, I do not know. I guess Entropy has my number though, so he/she will most likely enlighten me.

Williamthefirst

DS timer is the bees knees, i love it soooooooooooooooooooo much. Particularly when the german version which is a lot more fun

Adding the .000 would indeed be a visual aid, but there is always that potential finger spasm when the heat is on..

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to add - and I'm not 100% certain on this - but based on some background research I've done TW servers are most likely in Germany (specifically Hamburg) - so when you do your speedtest make sure you change the server to one in Hamburg to better approximate the ping you'll be faced with.

ozWAjP_TQyi4ftKVx2GFjA.png

It's very important to do this as your local server will show you a much different picture than using a server in Hamburg.

Don't laugh at my garbage internet pls :(

PKDUq5TDTMepcCqUORcOmg.png
oxkkZckNQDqpWNepXKDR1A.png

So I know to send any attacks I want about 120ms early as I know there's gonna be 119ms lag.... If I had gone off just my local server I would have most definitely sent it early. A lot of timing is getting to know your server lag well & being able to approximate when is the best time to send. I hope this was somewhat helpful to you :)

DeletedUser121451

I can time quite well really, and I also find that a few practice sends before the real deal sets you up quite nicely, thank you. I have played TW for three years and there are still constantly new things to learn, so I just try to set my account up as best I know how.
Maybe I am a slow learner, I do not know. I guess Entropy has my number though, so he/she will most likely enlighten me.
Sorry for misjudging your post as troll bait. As I was wrong, there's no need for us to continue on that path.

DeletedUser121451

One thing I forgot to add - and I'm not 100% certain on this - but based on some background research I've done TW servers are most likely in Germany (specifically Hamburg) - so when you do your speedtest make sure you change the server to one in Hamburg to better approximate the ping you'll be faced with.

ozWAjP_TQyi4ftKVx2GFjA.png

It's very important to do this as your local server will show you a much different picture than using a server in Hamburg.

Don't laugh at my garbage internet pls :(

PKDUq5TDTMepcCqUORcOmg.png
oxkkZckNQDqpWNepXKDR1A.png

So I know to send any attacks I want about 120ms early as I know there's gonna be 119ms lag.... If I had gone off just my local server I would have most definitely sent it early. A lot of timing is getting to know your server lag well & being able to approximate when is the best time to send. I hope this was somewhat helpful to you :)
I'm nowhere near a computer expert, but can't you also ping the url of the website? (Don't ask me how.) Because it sounds to me that pinging a random Hamburg server still doesn't account for some discrepancy.

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Perhaps - but personally I have no knowledge of how to do that.

If anyone would like to share id love to learn but the speedtest site I use has pre-selected servers for you to choose from & that's about the extent of my knowledge for testing ping :p

I've found from experience that using the ones in Hamburg have given me a more accurate approximation than using my local server and that's why I use them:)

Williamthefirst

I would like to see a world with no co-playing, no scripts, no extensions etc etc or anything that is not an in game benefit such as loot assist, premium or account sitting.

Strip it right back to one versus one.

DeletedUser121451

Dunno, then winning is solely determined by who has the least amount of a life, and where's the fun in that. The game would die out even faster, as people would know in advance they have no shot at winning. Unless you also drastically change game features so that you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night or risk getting fired at work in order to defend your villages.

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
I would like to see a world with no co-playing, no scripts, no extensions etc etc or anything that is not an in game benefit such as loot assist, premium or account sitting.

Strip it right back to one versus one.

The thing with most of the things you're listing is; they're available to everyone .... it's just on you to go out and get them and/or learn how to use them. I mean a new world comes out every 3 months.... with about an hour a day you can easily PP farm 1290pp which will buy you 3 months of PA, AM & LA (so don't offer that up as an excuse :p). I agree maybe a few premium features should be disabled for a world (like the PP market, reduction in build time/cost, PP boosting events, the 20% boosts) but I think PA, AM & LA are essential to playing TW seriously. Additionally Co-Playing, sitting, scripts & extensions are available to everyone if you go out and find them. All they do is make the game a bit life consuming & therefore are in my opinion are not only fair but beneficial to the game :)

DeletedUser116033

lag time plus your personal reaction time, both these combined. All well and good knowing your lag but if you cant react fast enough to click time your supposed to :)

Generally i see players take of 50-200 ms for personal reaction times