This is a newbie world. DON'T forget it! (Read this. It's important)

mattcurr

Some newbies really need a chance. If you feel confident enough to take out experienced players with your talents, then great... Pick any one of the 51 other worlds out there and give it a shot. Hell, when World 53 is out you can have endless bundles of fun with superpowers.
A bit of a push and a chance is what some players need, though. That's what this world was build for, after all. A bit of patience and help from the older players once in a while isn't a lot to ask, is it?

Explain to me the logic of how this shall work, in what way w52 is special, tell me how in the world this is truely for newbe's to succeed, how it is enticing newer players to come here. How it is in anyway different from any other world? There was not some magical ball that was shook, and out popped 20,000 new players looking to play tw. It just didnt happen...

And if you think of it logically only 100-200 players ever really play through a world, so no one world can have a lasting impact on the games survival. It is a systemic problem with how things are run and the game itself which must be changed. Any other thought is plainly moronic.

DeletedUser

OK, so we need to stop playing because it's for noobs?

Each and every one of us managed to start up tribal wars whilst playing on worlds with decent players, why can't they do it? I don't see why we need to make things easier for the new people, after all it will make them think they are doing well, but on a normal world they would get crushed.

Personally I'd suggest advertising more, but i really don't see why the average player should be "careful" with what they do at the start of the world..

You clearly didnt read any of the thread the OP linked to. The problem these days is in large part due to a change in players. Early worlds, where many of us learned to play, were much different than worlds now. Early worlds had fewer premades, and obviously fewer veterans. It is the premade elitist mentality combined with the fact that veterans usually have a pretty easy time of clearing every newb around them that is decreasing player numbers on TW

I started on W4, and lost 2 of my 3 villages. Had I lost the third, I would have quit the game. But no, he let me into his tribe and taught me how to play. Instead of quitting, I went on to be a large part in the shaping of another world, leading a top 5 tribe for a long time.

Now think how many players you clear in the first few weeks. How many you noble in the first few months. Each and every one of them could potentially be as good or better than you if someone gave them a chance on a world instead of kicking their ass as soon as they start.

Sure, some players will get lucky, they get a decent starting location, they make friends with a good player, or happen to gain protection of a large tribe. Not everyone will get that lucky. So many are taking this world as an opportunity to help a lot more players succeed.

If you would rather TW continue its downward spiral, by all means, go ahead. Lets just see how you react when they have to raise PP prices because player count is down though.

DeletedUser

Mattcurr firstly, i see you trolling plenty of topics, you are such a pessimist i actually feel quite sad when ever i read your posts. and the extended bp i believe is the main draw for the newer players also the world is being advertised largely.

for the experienced players who want to come and bash some newbies think of it like this... you can join 52, take out some new players and have fun then in a year or so time when the game doesn't have enough players and has to close down completely you can go play other games.

or you can go easy on 52 an keep the game alive and thriving.

good thread :D

- Alex

DeletedUser

And honestly, rather than bash newbs all day, maybe it could be a great opportunity for older players to try new things, like defensive startups or something

DeletedUser

Explain to me the logic of how this shall work, in what way w52 is special, tell me how in the world this is truely for newbe's to succeed, how it is enticing newer players to come here. How it is in anyway different from any other world? There was not some magical ball that was shook, and out popped 20,000 new players looking to play tw. It just didnt happen...

And if you think of it logically only 100-200 players ever really play through a world, so no one world can have a lasting impact on the games survival. It is a systemic problem with how things are run and the game itself which must be changed. Any other thought is plainly moronic.

Exhibit A:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=213658

The settings for this world were designed for new and inexperienced players. They removed the choice of starting location specifically so that premades wouldn't turn up and take advantage of newbies at the start. They included paladins and archers so that players could get used to all the units - Whereas if they started without them then they'd need to brush up on how to play with archers on a later world.
Simplistic game settings for nobles and none of those complicated churchamathingies.

It's not hard to understand, sir. If you consider that at the start of worlds experienced players immediately pound on any and all players around them... And as many experienced players join these worlds, there are huge clusters in a world where only the 'elites' survive.
Notice I've been using the words "newb" and "newbie"? This is because there is a difference between a potentially good player that never had a chance to be taught to play and was removed early on, and a player that will never learn and fail to play the game entirely. It's these newbs that need the chance to play the game in a safer environment before they test their mettle against the elites, and what better world to do this in than a world designed specifically for these players?

DeletedUser

And honestly, rather than bash newbs all day, maybe it could be a great opportunity for older players to try new things, like defensive startups or something

Hmm, thats a good idea.

I reckon theres gotta be a balance between growth and helping noobs, because im really gonna find it hard, just to join this world for that. Theres a fair few things i wanna try.

DeletedUser

When I first joined tribalwars there was not these worlds specifically for new players. So why should it be different now?

Perhaps because at the start, the game was new and everyone was a newb?
Maybe because of the steady decline in the number of players in the game?

Sheonite

I can't see this world making a huge impact towards the future of the game. Nor will it stop a lot of newbs from being taken out early on, but its definetely better than another premade friendly world...

DeletedUser

In modern worlds, new players - Literally do not stand a chance. All they have to do is be in the 15x15 of a decent player, and they won't last too long.

That is why this world was created, to help the new players.

And anyone who does not understand this, does not deserve to be playing this world.

DeletedUser

Aha,You say its a noob world...But i'm sure 75% are NOT new comers,Not pro NOT noob. Many are Neutral, So stop making useless topics, But this will show up the 75%,who are Noob(s) and who are Pro(s).

seth89

I agree.
Because I am not a pro. Nor a Noob. yet I joined.
I'm just slow at playing TW. :3

DeletedUser

Aha,You say its a noob world...But i'm sure 75% are NOT new comers,Not pro NOT noob. Many are Neutral, So stop making useless topics, But this will show up the 75%,who are Noob(s) and who are Pro(s).

This topic is not useless. But your post is.

You cannot make up random statistics. You don't know what your talking about.

DeletedUser93235

TW is a dying game. Overall player count has decreased dramatically recently, and with the way things are continuing, this game will be completely dead within the next few years. Evidence to back up this claim is to be found Here.

I want you all to remember that World 52 was designed specifically for newbies to be introduced into the game. Is it entirely a coincidence? I don't know, but if TW is sick then World 52 is the remedy. I want you older players to think very carefully before you start playing.
Every action you take at the start of this world may knock out potential newbies who will keep the future of this game going. If you don't want to stay here and help, and are just out for the usual start of world chaotic fun, then maybe give this world a miss?
Think of the bigger picture here. It's important.

I know it may not be you but have you noticed the number of "elite" players co playing accounts these days. Some players having up to 3 and 4 players playing a single account. No wonder player count is decreasing because players are sharing one account.

And no wonder newbies struggle, they are vs accounts thats never inactive and always growing.

In my opinion we need to address this rather than playing with noobs.

I for one would rather play 3 average players than 1 shared account. It makes the world a lot more fun with more players.

DeletedUser

Even if those statistics were fact, are you saying that those 25% of players don't deserve a chance to stand on their own two feet? A newbie will find it very hard to start up these days, because of the number of experienced players in this game that are only growing in experience and skills. As previously stated by StayingActive, if you start anywhere within these players 15x15 then what are your chances of survival... Realistically.
Think of it as if you were the newbie for a second. You don't even know left from right yet, and you're expected to have enough experience within 4/5 days to hold up against players who have had years of experience?

DeletedUser656

Anyone who tries to state that this world is no different to others is plain wrong. We're specifically increasing our marketing budget for this launch to bring in new players. We've also made a number of internal changes that aren't specific to world settings that should hopefully encourage new players to stick around for longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know it may not be you but have you noticed the number of "elite" players co playing accounts these days. Some players having up to 3 and 4 players playing a single account. No wonder player count is decreasing because players are sharing one account.

And no wonder newbies struggle, they are vs accounts thats never inactive and always growing.

In my opinion we need to address this rather than playing with noobs.

I for one would rather play 3 average players than 1 shared account. It makes the world a lot more fun with more players.

That's another very good point, actually. Co-players. Those without them really are at a huge disadvantage... And consider that if you're a newbie, you know nobody whom you can co-play with to put yourself back on even ground :)

DeletedUser

If it'll help save TW, im all for the world to be aimed at nubs, I mean its not like theres anything we can do about it now anyway if I wanted to :p

DeletedUser71572

Anyone who tries to state that this world is no different to others is plain wrong. We're specifically increasing our marketing budget for this launch to bring in new players. We've also made a number of internal changes that aren't specific to world settings that should hopefully encourage new players to stick around for longer.

I support you Morthy <3

Anyone that disagrees with him or KK, is just plain wrong.

DeletedUser

I support you Morthy <3

Anyone that disagrees with him or KK, is just plain wrong.

Agreed.

Experienced players will merely have to find a balance between growing and helping noobs for a change, instead of a balance that is almost completely in favour of growth.
Maybe you should only farm inactives, there are those who join this world, and then just build 2 things and leave, never returning or coming back in a month. With a 5 day Bp it should be pretty obvious who these people are. Thus leaving noobs alone-who you can help.

DeletedUser93235

That's another very good point, actually. Co-players. Those without them really are at a huge disadvantage... And consider that if you're a newbie, you know nobody whom you can co-play with to put yourself back on even ground :)

My point is that we should limit co playing. Not that newbies cant find them.

tw has similar number of players playing these days in my opinion, the players are just sharing accounts instead making there seem less players. Not only do newbies not stand a chance but it ruins the game with certain players rocketing miles ahead through lots of co players and spoiling the competition.

Personally i like worlds with lots of average players than just a few elite accounts.