Tic Toc's Guide to Propaganda

DeletedUser15106

I agree with you both to an extent. There's nothing more offputting than a huge block of text. A few pictures are nice. But they should also say something, or do something to enhance the post. If it's to break up the text a bit, then it's a valid reason imo. If it contributes to the point of the topic, even better. But yep, those lol pics and fail pics are just awful.

EDIT: When I say break up the text a bit, I mean breaking up a nasty big block. Not 10 words, then picture, then another 10 words.

DeletedUser

Lol jamm, the MCD propaganda was funny...and well prepared. Did it work? Well, definitely not in the short term, which that was aiming for.

I find that the best propaganda occurs without pictures, unless they are something to enhance the facts you are presenting. Therefore, pictures that you'd find at a site like LOLpics = not good propaganda. As funny as it may be, it really doesn't add to the point of the propaganda.

Instead, charts, graphs, and maps are much more convincing. I often find that the best propaganda is made from a tribe losing in a war to change the public perception about the tribe. Typically losing tribes are wrongfully labeled as bad tribes. However, with the right propaganda, the world forum and backlash against the winning tribe for "losing" in whatever capacity.

The forum folk are fickle. They'll believe a lot of information if you present it correctly. This is the true form of propaganda. But I have despised every picto-prop that came to the fore during the beginning of W14 that I'm hoping someone can change that around.

This may be TicToc :)

Great thread.

You're wrong with this estimation. It worked extremely well. I had tons over tons of supportive incomings after that. :-D Even from far away continents. It was never ment to "destroy MCD" in an instant.

I do agree with the point, that pictures are useless in most propagandas - as long as they don't transport a unique message. So the beloved "fail-/cat-/facepalm-pics" aren't worth the space in the most propaganda. But using images as eye-catchers in walls of text is an good idea most of the time.

And surely the addition of maps, graphs etc. are always useful to prove one's point.

DeletedUser

Propa-what? Never heard of it.

A nice and detailed guide indeed. :D

I believe pictures deserve more credit if they are original, even if the effort is sub-par.
But I do agree to that I might not be swayed by their words to the same extent, if their pictures have no relevance at all.

DeletedUser

I do agree with the point, that pictures are useless in most propagandas - as long as they don't transport a unique message. So the beloved "fail-/cat-/facepalm-pics" aren't worth the space in the most propaganda. But using images as eye-catchers in walls of text is an good idea most of the time.

And surely the addition of maps, graphs etc. are always useful to prove one's point.

QFT

The problem with many of the newer worlds is you propaganda that is nothing more than 10 of these pics, sometimes photoshopped to give a semblence of relevance, oftentimes not, separated by a sentence of text. It isn't creative. It gives no solid information, and all you end up doing is scrolling all the way through it because its the same crap you've seen 100 times already.

Whats even worse, people are congratulated for for putting together such inane PnP. :icon_eek:

mattcurr

you guys seem stuck on thread creating, not that I care nor am good at it, I always thought that shaping a thread was much more important than creating a topic.

DeletedUser

you guys seem stuck on thread creating, not that I care nor am good at it, I always thought that shaping a thread was much more important than creating a topic.

The original post in a thread does more to shape the thread than any other post can. Therefore, it is the most important.

The guide is useful for other posts, not just the original post, but if the original post is like the ones described, then it is usually downhill from there.

themonkey

An excellent post. Not only an interesting guide but it appears to have generated some interesting responses too.

However:

However, do not think humor by itself is a form of propaganda. Yes, people will laugh at you if you act like a monkey, but it the end you are still acted like a goddamn monkey.

Should I be taking this personally? :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Propa-what? Never heard of it.

A nice and detailed guide indeed. :D

I believe pictures deserve more credit if they are original, even if the effort is sub-par.
But I do agree to that I might not be swayed by their words to the same extent, if their pictures have no relevance at all.

You are late, already provided the link.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

So Tic I am right and it...
And it seems you understand d no English when I present a phrase to you?

Clearly said it's more of a mass farm things with a lot of good funny post to back it up what are we supposed to do send them resource? They're not the only tribe we're mass farming. Sometimes there's a need for a devil's advocate, but now you're just being plain insulting.

Tic Toc

So Tic I am right and it...
And it seems you understand d no English when I present a phrase to you?

Clearly said it's more of a mass farm things with a lot of good funny post to back it up what are we supposed to do send them resource? They're not the only tribe we're mass farming. Sometimes there's a need for a devil's advocate, but now you're just being plain insulting.

Dear -ku-, leader of whatever tribe you lead,

I apologize for not spelling out the fact that my lovely address in your own post was directed at you. I also apologize for not making the foreword, which clearly lays down the reasons for my seemingly upsetting post in size 7 bold and underlined font. And lastly, I apologize for you taking a bit of strong criticism so dearly to heart.

In honesty, I do not care about the petty battles and struggles between your top 10 tribe and whatever tribe you may manage to get into a war with. In this same honesty, nobody else does, seeing as you can do little besides romp around the forums since you are a good week from thinking about a noble.

And for the record, to be absolutely truthful, I did not understand the post above. Could someone clarify what he's trying to say about farming and resources? :icon_neutral:

However, to say I was insulting is awful of you. I most certainly did not ignore your question:
Tic Toc was that troop building comment reffered to us
To which I responded with:
With love ;3

I was not advocating the actions of your opposing tribe, but simply commenting on the quality of your post. However, even the Devil deserves a good lawyer. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

What I didn't take the strong criticism to heart.
I enjoy the criticism, and I apologize for coming on harsh on my behalf.

I take the fact that you play devil's advocate or better yet have some kind of sore tooth for failing tribes.
And I think it's idiotic for you to state the illegibility of my post based on one ill written sentence and the random letter d.
Don't you find thought a little oxy moronic to blatantly criticizing me in the same sentence you sarcastically or not apologize. By the term devil's advocate I refereed to the fact that your leaning towards a side where it's own team member forsaken it , and where dozens of tribes before have done the same actions. Yet you decide to join this world and choose me as the random draw of the hat?

I in no way am antagonized by your actions I was just merely playing with the flow of the rhythm. I hope that there's no hard terms between us virtually and whatever future conflicts we have we can settle it with swords and axes.

Sincerly,
-ku-

PS In reference to the resource comment I was clarifying that if we do not farm them then I suppose we throw resource at them or have OE start another school.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey!
I read over your posts in general and all them are long and paragraphed
Who told you you could stop?
You are the sole reason in inspiring me to be more grammatically correct and inclined to writing longer and better thought out post
What are you doing to me man.

At first i wanted to not like you but after a post like this no I do enjoy your company.

In return Good Luck with you affairs too.

DeletedUser

I agree with you both to an extent. There's nothing more offputting than a huge block of text. A few pictures are nice. But they should also say something, or do something to enhance the post. If it's to break up the text a bit, then it's a valid reason imo. If it contributes to the point of the topic, even better. But yep, those lol pics and fail pics are just awful.

EDIT: When I say break up the text a bit, I mean breaking up a nasty big block. Not 10 words, then picture, then another 10 words.

Of course, you need pictures. Just not FAIL pictures and LOLcatz. Maps (as made by the famous allyboo guide!) or TWstats graphs or a photoshopped newspaper title...something that takes time to prepare and supports your point (other than the other side sucking, because anyone could guess one side thinks the other side sucks and fails).

DeletedUser

Well done Tic Toc. I liked the quote at the end, where'd you get that?

Logic stumps emotion.
Facts stump humor.
But emotion and humor govern the crowd.

Tic Toc

Well done Tic Toc. I liked the quote at the end, where'd you get that?

Logic stumps emotion.
Facts stump humor.
But emotion and humor govern the crowd.

Made it up on the spot. It was the thesis of my post, after all. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You're wrong with this estimation. It worked extremely well. I had tons over tons of supportive incomings after that. :-D Even from far away continents. It was never ment to "destroy MCD" in an instant.

PS quoting isnt working for some reason sorry...
So Thar that's why it was so hard to rim you. Credit and congrats to that.

Last edited by a moderator: