Top Ten tribes in real life.

lord rok

There economy is the largest not the strongest, The whole American economy is relying on them being able to sell trillions of dollars of bonds to the Chinese.

as said in previsious post... largest is very close to strongest....
but, if u dont agree, who u think is 1st economy country?

hippypeace

in my view USA is staying 1st only Japan is very close
I don't think people listen when I say that America's economy is seriously flawed. The debt being 46.5% of GDP should be enough.
Many people don't realise that in 1989 Argentina had the third largest economy in the world, their economy was largely consumer driven like America's.
They borrowed too much money and other countries stopped buying their bonds, so they had to print more money to service their debt and now look at them!

What makes everyone think that is cannot possibly happen to America? and what makes everyone think that China cannot survive without American consumption? They only sell their crap to every other country so surely America doesn't make up even 10% of China's exports.

hippypeace

as said in previsious post... largest is very close to strongest....
but, if u dont agree, who u think is 1st economy country?

America's GDP minus Consumption would be about the size of the Australian GDP. If they don't stop borrowing and actually contribute to the worlds markets they will became the next Argentina.

lord rok

u made a good point, i must say, that i am not that much in economy to argue with u about it...
anyway, Argentina had 3rd largest economy? i would never guess that, u sure about it?

DeletedUser

What makes everyone think that is cannot possibly happen to America?

Because unlike Argentina, the US have for the past half a century dedicated countless resources to controling the geopolitical aspects of the so called free market. The iniciative is theirs, the regulations agreed upon under their global supremacy prevent the rest of the western world from sabotaging their interests like they sabotage everyone elses. Their systematical building and strengthening of a global Pax Americana means the other nations don't have the will to be economically agressive towards them.

With Argentina, nobody had an issue with bringing them down. With the USA is different. The petrodollar for example. If the EU had the political determination to challenge the US on the market terms they themselves preach as ideal, a small set of measures would have already replaced the Dollar for the Euro in the international markets. By all measuring standards, namely stability, the Euro is a superior reference currency.
You know who pushes hard for a shift for the Euro? Venezuela and Iran. IF the EU powers wanted to, we'd have the petroeuro already. But they don't, they have been US bitches for so long the polititians have lost the will and spirit necessary to get back on the horse. It all comes down to political willpower, EU has none. We lost it when we decided to sit back and let someone else rule the world. While the US uses it's security agencies to lobby and pressure and even kill any foreign individual or organization exploiting or revealing the possibility for competition, the EU sits back and stares at the shoes. Any attempts by Germany or France to pursue the iniciative on any international field are sabotaged by other EU governments bribed by US via economical or military agreements. Specially the eastern ones, who's fear of Russia makes the ideal US pawns. We are played, we know it, and we don't do shit about it.
Russia and China can't turn the tables on their own aslong as the rest of the world still bows to the US foreign interests. So, unlike Argentina who had zero control of foreign iniciative, the US are not coming down as long as the world plays by their rules.

/end rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Argentina had 3rd largest economy? i would never guess that, u sure about it?

It's true, maybe not exacly 3rd exacly in 89, I don't remember with such accuracy, but something along those lines yes.

lord rok

well, i agree here...
i didnt know how to say it when u were questioning my view, hippy
but now reiko said it very good
thanks for defence reiko ;)

DeletedUser

You all have very valid points and each of you have hit a nail on the head. There is no right or wrong answer here.
One thing I will say is that the United States is an arrogant country. We tend to stick our nose in every other countries business. Is this good or is this bad? We each have our own ideas on that.
Don't get me wrong I love the country in which I live.
For this reason none of our top tribes really fit the point I have just made.

DeletedUser

There is no right or wrong answer here.

Yup, I'd say so. Complex situations like this have no absolute truth, they are subject to interpretation and opinion no matter how open minded or well informed one is.

Shadryk 01

I don't want to mean any disrespect or touch on any nerves but in the currant conflict in the middle east there has been an almost equal amount of US troops die out of action as there has been in action. This must say something about the level of training they are getting.

You're kidding, right? The US smashed Iraq in 1990 with about 150 losses, and again in 2003 with even less. Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world in 1990, with much experience from the Iran war. The occupation is where the US losses mount. You're going to get some other losses (e.g. car wrecks, friendly fire) when you have 160K armed troops in the filed, just like there are losses in any city of that size.

Every generation of US soldiers has fought in at least one major war since General George Washington defeated the British. That's 230 years of battle experience. The armaments, training, experience and effectiveness of the US armed forces is second to none.

Last edited:

Shadryk 01

The concerns about the mounting US debt are well justified. The US president and congress have exploded the budget with an extra trillion dollars of spending, to add to the already massive deficet. Without tax raises, our debt will soon be 100% of our GDP, which is 3rd world level. US bonds may be less attractive, meaning higher interest rates for new debt. The interest payments alone can choke the US economy for an entire generation.

DeletedUser

Hey people! Sorry to crash the party!

Competetivness and love our countries is fine but some of these post are very unsensitive and border on what should be accepatable for TW's forums.

We are a civilised and compasionate race and pushing for peace is never a weakness. Real lives are destroyed in wars.

So we play TW's to fulfill our caveman instincts and push for a peaceful world when not ingame!

It started with a spear, rock or club and now we have nuclear bombs, so lets be responsible and careful with these discussions before someone is really offended.

lord rok

well, we were cool, i think
but its nothing wrong with ur post, it was good that u mentioned it
PEACE is only right thing!!!.... but peace to entire world is impossible...for now...

DeletedUser

Military history is fun to discuss but maybe some of this history is very close to alot of peoples lives and not too distant in the past either.

WW2 is over fifty years ago and veterans on all sides have the chance to meet enemies face with some smiles.... This is all my point was.

The operation was the largest single-day amphibious invasion of all time, with 160,000 troops landing on June 6, 1944. 195,700 Allied naval and merchant navy personnel in over 5,000 ships were involved.

This is today! 65 years ago! When so much was achieved as nations together.

There isn't any doubt in anyones sane mind that this offensive needed to take place and my small token of respect and pride on this day. Peace for the world came at a very high cost.

aine1169

Hmmm I think NOVA would make a better match for Germany... :)

anyway, i posted that view 3 months ago...w13 was not same as it is now, u do realize that, yes?

atm i think the situation is very good described as ZATHH said:
So, it's still 1939 and the world is up for grabs:

INSO = Germany
INSO2 = Italy
Flux = France
[R] = Great Britain
CIV = Soviet Union
Bey0nd = Japan
NOVA = United States

will u object here as well?

DeletedUser

Hmmm I think NOVA would make a better match for Germany... :)

Hmmm...D-day was today (a few years back) :icon_idea:

Disclaimer:
All similarities to current events are of course purely coincidental and speculative.

hippypeace

Because unlike Argentina, the US have for the past half a century dedicated countless resources to controling the geopolitical aspects of the so called free market. The iniciative is theirs, the regulations agreed upon under their global supremacy prevent the rest of the western world from sabotaging their interests like they sabotage everyone elses. Their systematical building and strengthening of a global Pax Americana means the other nations don't have the will to be economically agressive towards them.

With Argentina, nobody had an issue with bringing them down. With the USA is different. The petrodollar for example. If the EU had the political determination to challenge the US on the market terms they themselves preach as ideal, a small set of measures would have already replaced the Dollar for the Euro in the international markets. By all measuring standards, namely stability, the Euro is a superior reference currency.
You know who pushes hard for a shift for the Euro? Venezuela and Iran. IF the EU powers wanted to, we'd have the petroeuro already. But they don't, they have been US bitches for so long the polititians have lost the will and spirit necessary to get back on the horse. It all comes down to political willpower, EU has none. We lost it when we decided to sit back and let someone else rule the world. While the US uses it's security agencies to lobby and pressure and even kill any foreign individual or organization exploiting or revealing the possibility for competition, the EU sits back and stares at the shoes. Any attempts by Germany or France to pursue the iniciative on any international field are sabotaged by other EU governments bribed by US via economical or military agreements. Specially the eastern ones, who's fear of Russia makes the ideal US pawns. We are played, we know it, and we don't do shit about it.
Russia and China can't turn the tables on their own aslong as the rest of the world still bows to the US foreign interests. So, unlike Argentina who had zero control of foreign iniciative, the US are not coming down as long as the world plays by their rules.

/end rant.

Wow non of that actually made any economic sense. But the problem is most American's believe some sort of version of this. I even herd an ex head of the central American bank dribbling some crap like this, the old man obviously lost the plot.

DeletedUser

leading off that, you know what really annoys me? Everyone's treatment of Iran. They want to develope nuclear power. So what? Its cleaner than coal and gas burning! And, some people complain "oh, oh what if they develope nuclear weapon's because they are terrorists?" BS. I went to iran last year, to visit tehran and the university there. Everyone was dead friendly, there was hardly any anti-west slogan's, or, anything really. it was actually quite westernised, with burger shops, and loads of stuff like that. Everyone there aspires to do something in life, which i found nice. Now, if everyone started to trust them and become friends, where do you think we would be?

DeletedUser

Wow non of that actually made any economic sense. But the problem is most American's believe some sort of version of this. I even herd an ex head of the central American bank dribbling some crap like this, the old man obviously lost the plot.

I'm not an American. I'm an Economics student in an internationally recognized University. In Europe. And if that doesn't make sense to you, you are unaware of world politics and interests. Strict by the book economics does not explain the world we live in. As for what I said, by any levels you may disagree, but you can not deny it makes sense unless you're just trolling around, comparing Argentina to the USA.

hippypeace

I'm an economics and finance student. Economics may not explain every thing but when teamed with finance it goes 90% of the way there. For example most of the largest wars over the past 300 years would not of happened without the bond market.

The point is the American GDP goes a little like this,

Y = C (Very Large) + I (Large) + G (Large) + NX (which is possibly the largest negative number in the history of the world)

What would the American Current Account Balance be? Surely its a few trillion year! My argument is you cant keep asking other countries for tonnes of money without giving anything back through NX. The Chinese are already weary of leading the US government more money because they are starting to have doubts on whether they can pay it back. I'm sure the fact that they control the free market didn't cross their minds.

P.s Its good to have someone to debate with, my girl friend just grins and nods!!