Top Ten Tribes

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think Deb did a fine job. I'd be happy to play under her leadership style. The only issue I might have is that she expects too much from the tribe as they are all experienced players. It doesn't matter who is in your tribe, you will always need an to have an extremely tough work ethic and be very active. The players were the downfall of Bacon. Not Deb. I believe she held her ground and thankfully wasn't an example of another merger for the win scenario.

Overall I believe she did reasonably well in her position and could be fairly regarded as one of the top leaders on this world. It all comes down to what your goals are on each world too.

Good luck in the future Deb.

Hopfully Nam and Royale have some fight in them as we draw the later stages of the world.

Last edited:

Michael Corleone.

Considering the spot the tribe was in a few months ago and things were looking very bad, I think she did quite a nice job engineering out of that mess and turned things around for awhile. I do not know many leaders that could've done what she did. We had our differences in the past for years but she impressed me quite a lot.

She isn't a bad leader. If she was Bacon would've been gone by the time Roman's tribe was gone imo.

DeletedUser100466

This is my opinion and i don't want everyone to agree with me , " She saved Bacon but didn't save it's members"

Playing all side have it perks until all side play them back.

nowitsover

There are many factors that can cause a tribe to not succeed and being a leader is one of the most ungrateful spots to be in when circumstances doesn`t go your way.

This world being small and the core being packed were large factors imo. None of the core premades were able to hold their ground - at least Bacon did that much.

Bacons restrictive recruitment can`t be really be the major cause of failure either as there are several examples of tribes with larger amount of recruitment which not working out well (W2V, Dharma, Within...).

Being aggressive early on may either reward or punish you depending on how circumstances evolves which you can`t always control and fighting early on in multiple fronts may get your growth stunned.

You can`t always guarantee how long ppl may wanna tag along, it is not always about being a good motivator but also about luck. It is not fair to try to put the blame on any preticular part of the situation.

Bacon fell behind too much and there was really not much of realistic chanse for a win. One could choose to do as W2V and stuck it out or take a bow and quit. Either way, you`ll be questioned and critisized both from inside and outside which goes with the territory.

Yea, the world win in TW is the ultimate goal and all but there is a win in being able to ending it with your head up high and quitting after making your mark as a capable tribe with the leadership and players in general as fighters being up in each battle. In short; not many in the same situation would get this far and Bacon did well while they were around as tribe even thoe it didn`t result a win.

Last edited:

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
thankfully wasn't an example of another merger for the win scenario.

Not like they didn't try :X

Playing all side have it perks until all side play them back.

Pretty spot on, you cant expect the sides you are trying to play to not talk to each other about what you are saying especially when those sides are and have been allies for a long time :lol:

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i wish we stayed allied with dharma back then and declared on you.

That wouldn't have been smart for bacon.

Fall of Bacon is Deb's fault. I think deep inside she decided long ago that she wants to quit and instead of passing leadership she didnt do much since then, except help you to an easy win and get bacon destroyed. Why did she do that? I have no idea. Probably personal reasons (friends in nam/royale.

This is absolutely ridiculous. At most, there was more she could have done, yes. But to blame the entire tribe failing on her is insane. I think she may have wanted to quit at times, but no leader in the history of leadership can honestly claim they loved every minute of being the leader. :D The problem with passing leadership to someone else, is the fact that no one else wanted it. Nobody wanted to step up and try and do the things she did.

We even stagnated on cca 8 millions for multiple weeks waiting for the backstabb of dharma, waiting for nam, yet we then had to go in like 2 weeks earlier than you. So either she did it for friends or was manipulated by nam or royale).
If she wanted bacon to succeed she should get some more players in the tribe, yet we slowly decreased in numbers until there were 15 active/semi active accounts ... it was impossible to get a sitter (only like 3 players did all the sitting-i didn't sit much either, so part of the blame is on me too) or at least get a merge 3 weeks ago.

And of course every 3 days someone quitting ...

The problem with all small tribes is sitting. which is why every account is super important and they need to be as sufficient as they possibly can be alone.

With all of this said... Who were you in game?

DeletedUser

With all of this said... Who were you in game?

I believe he is Mortadella and if I am right then he is in no position to judge a leadership, considering he backstabbed his tribe to merge into Mort.

DeletedUser42044

Actually we were been asked for merge several times also from different Bacon members including Deb. Not really like it seems to be planned, but I would say she tried to save her members at very end.

DeletedUser

Bacon enquired about merging with CIVIL too, they were just feeling out their options

DeletedUser78112

Debs lovely. Too many inactives, people not bothered sending/landing on time. Too many wars. Theres a lot of reasons. We tried to stay as Bacon until most were quitting/going inactive then we decided to try get a merge for the most part, a lot would of still quit including Deb.

DeletedUser

I don't have any proof and the ship has sailed anyway. It was discussed over Skype. We were in favour but our boss was a bit slow. *Glares at welsh celts*

So ya no proof :/

Not to be disrespectful but I don't think most of Bacon would of joined Civil if what you say is true.(Maybe I missed something in Bacon council)

DeletedUser78112

There was an attempt alright, I remember it being said on Skype. But yeah personally wouldn't of joined CIVIL myself, and by the looks of it 2 joined and one left/got kicked ?

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
While I believe you in what you're saying. If you fail to provide evidence to indicate otherwise, I go with my original statement.

You believe me but will assume i am lying :icon_eek:

Not like it matters but others have now backed up what i said including bacon members themselves, so i think its pretty clear i was telling the truth. Unless you want to assume everyone is lying ofc :lol:

DeletedUser

So ya no proof :/

Not to be disrespectful but I don't think most of Bacon would of joined Civil if what you say is true.(Maybe I missed something in Bacon council)

I've got no reason to lie about something trivial like that, no need to try and catch me out, lol. Deb or whatever he name is got in touch with grant/welsh and talked some about the matter. Maybe she knew the rest of Bacon wouldn't be up for it? I dunno, like I said, she was *feeling out her options*, perhaps she decided we weren't the best fit and decided not to discuss it with council? Bashers and Pork U Pine joined us (Pork later quit from getting pounded, but they were expecting that anyway)

DeletedUser

kuljaniCS;6938676 However said:
She seams to be more like a friend to you guys than actually a leader.

These two quotes sum up quite an interesting mentality. And in this regard I would say that you are completely correct. You seem to be quite an effective leader (from looking at world events), however a large amount of your player base vehemently dislikes you as a person.

I do disagree that the ability to be benevolent (and a friend) and the ability to be a good leader are antonymous. In fact I think that a truly good leader must--by definition--be able to relate to, as well as be kind to, those that follow them. You don't seem to have captured this concept yet, but my hope is that this will change.
From my limited knowledge of NAM, Sam is both an effective leader as well as a genuinely kind figure. RoyalE simply lacks this true leadership skill, and will ultimately fail because of it.

TLDR: Krieger, you need to learn to be a truly good leader before you can win a world.

DeletedUser42044

You again? For months you keep calling us inferior and idiots as we do not watch our flanks against NAM or whatever other crap you can think of. Well regardless of your drops of wisdom we are still fine and in great relations with NAM, but thanks for your concern.

PS how many worlds you won like a leader ?

Last edited: